Print

Author Topic: Nintendo DK or Rareware DK  (Read 23328 times)

« on: October 02, 2005, 11:51:09 AM »
Which one do you perfer?
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 01:04:33 PM »
Nintendo DK, all the way. Rare messed with his past and life way too much. They added to many other kongs.

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''ve blow''d up by now.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 01:43:30 PM »
Rareware DK. That tie is just so classy.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 02:51:26 PM »
Nintendo D.K. Rare messes everything up. I don't even know which Donkey Kong is Donkey Kong anymore........

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 04:14:56 PM »
I second the tie comment.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 08:59:21 PM »
Rare's: tie, voice, overall look and body shape, many or all of the added Kongs, rideable animals, enemies, worlds, music, and DK rap.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Sqrt2

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 08:07:55 AM »
Rare's DK as they wouldn't have made any stupid Donkey Konga games. And for the Cranky-Donkey Kong relationship.

Macbeth tried hard - he gave it a good stab.

Edited by - Sqrt2 on 10/3/2005 7:08:28 AM
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 08:30:38 AM »
I don't think Rare messed up the storyline. I heard somewhere that Mario just graduated from high school during the Donkey Kong Arcade saga. Donkey Kong had a son.

Then as Mario grew older, so did the ape and his son. The original DK, now too old to anything, became Cranky. And with DK Jr., all grown up, took off Jr. in his name.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 09:21:15 AM »
Rare basically revived DK. Without them, he would've probably rotted in the dropped ideas bin.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 02:15:57 PM »
Nintendo all the way!

Mario Mario he''s our man, if he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 10:36:23 AM »
Rare's Donkey Kong is far superior. Heck, if it wasn't, why would nintendo adopt it as their own? Before Rare, DK was just another Gorilla.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 04:11:23 PM »
I'd rather he have rotted away and become what The Ice Climbers have than become a monkey with an identity crisis and a history beaten until dead and then beaten some more.

You''re all my FFFFs. My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »
It is positively obvious that Rare Ware’s Donkey Kong has un-questionably become the dominant image.  They added a jungle style to Donkey Kong that would not have come about without their aid.  Donkey Kong would not exist today without Rare.  It was obvious that Nintendo was content with allowing Donkey Kong to remain nothing more than a King Kong parody for the Arcade and Game-Boy Platforms.  It was Rare that truly envisioned giving Donkey Kong his own story and personality.  They conveyed their ideas with some flaws and repetitiveness.  But, in truth even Mario is incredibly repetitive.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 11:04:39 PM »
The only problem I can find with Rare DK is the horrible character transitions to 3d (ugly kremlings plus the fact that they got rid of some of the cool ones) and the addition of furrotica late in the franchise's life.

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 10:18:39 AM »
The only thing I hate from Rare is Dixie Kong. I hate her!

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Print