Print

Author Topic: "L is real."  (Read 7089 times)

« on: February 24, 2001, 02:38:19 PM »
What is "L is Real?" In Mario64, it's on the star statue in the courtyard, and in Zelda: OoT, you can read it off the sign in Dodongo's cavern. You can find these if you zoom in real close. That's the weirdest thing I've read ever since "All Your Base Are Belong To Us". Could this be the sign that Luigi is in Donkey Kong 64 and Dixie is in Mario 64?! The Lost World must be in Mario Kart 64 where you could find the new character "Wizpig"! And then Leiberman blows up Yoshi's Island because if you capitalized L in island, it looks like a gun. Yup, that's my theory. And then, when you go into the new hole in the ocean where the island was, you can find the Ice Key and three ? Eggs! Uh-huh, and my grandma is Regis Philbin in drag.
No, really, what do you think "L Is Real" is? I want opinions!

Konnichi wa. I am McMoon MagiKoopa, Kamekku-sama''s sochi (son). I am a master of Koopa sorcery, and I am quite wise for my age. And if you call me grandpa, I will royally kick your punk behind. Heh, heheh... (c) YoshiDude.
Konnichi wa. I am McMoon MagiKoopa, Kamekku-sama''s sochi (son). I am a master of Koopa sorcery, and I am quite wise for my age. And if you call me grandpa, I will royally kick your punk behind. Heh, heheh... (c) YoshiDude.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2001, 01:19:58 AM »
I always thought that sign in SM64 said "A sacred star." Besides, if there were hidden characters like Luigi or Dixie in SM64, I would think people hacking at it with GameSharks for five years would've come up with something by now.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2001, 05:38:48 AM »
"L is real star"
I've zoomed in on both the one upstairs in Dodongo's Cavern and the one on the star in Peach's garden and indeed they are exactly the same image in both games.

Could this be a nifty little inside reference by Nintendo? Ooh... I hope so ^_^

But what does it say underneath?

Edited by - Fryguy on 2/25/2001 3:39:54 AM
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2001, 01:49:02 PM »
They probably did that because they were too lazy to come up with an entirely new thing.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2001, 09:21:04 PM »
The star in the courtyard says "Eternal Star", and that is an authoritative answer too, I'm not speculating here.

James

Edited by - Quasar on 2/26/2001 7:21:59 PM

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2001, 01:01:51 PM »
Yes, it looks like Eternal Star as well ^_^ I still want to know what it says underneath (if anything).

And why it's in Zelda 64 ^_^;;
Webmaster

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2001, 05:42:51 PM »
Mm, yeah, "Eternal Star." I've got to go with Quasar on this one. Remember the Eternal Star board in Mario Party?

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2001, 07:43:26 PM »
how in the world can people interpret the same thing as "L is real" or "eternal star"?!
it makes no sense

(enter a witty comment or phrase here)
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2001, 02:45:31 AM »
daFunk, go read the sign and see if you can read either phrase in the sign. Even after "Eternal Star" is clear, it still looks a little like "L is real star"

It's so blurry, which doesn't help.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2001, 05:13:10 PM »
daFunkster: I didn't know for a very long time. Its hard to read because its very low resolution to start with, and mip-mapped on top of that that prevent pixelization (which you need when you're gonna read something).

James

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2001, 06:19:23 PM »
Where Exactly is that "L is for Real" sign?? I cannot see it...

Just Your Normal Fool on The Hill...
Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2001, 07:27:05 PM »
In SM64:
Walk down the long corridor to the castle's back garden (where you access Big Boo's Haunt). Look at the fountain in the center and you will see a stone star with a small sign underneath it. The sign reads "Eternal Star" but it looks a bit like "L is Real Star". Note that you can't actually READ the sign, only look at it.

In Zelda-OoT:
In Dodongo's Cavern, get far enough so that one of the stone columns in the large entrance hall (where the big Dodongo skull door resides) is moving up to the second floor. Ride it up and jump off. Walk across (you may have to kill some Beamos) and you will find a small stone tablet with the same "Eternal Star" sign used in SM64. When you read it, it says something completely different, but it's cool nonetheless ^_^

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2001, 05:44:01 PM »
To me it looked like "Eternal Star." from afar, it kinda looked like three words, but if it was "L is real" the "middle" word is too long, anyway.

the phrase under it kinda looked like the goldeneye symbol, and then "60 pages" but that can't be right 8).

(enter a witty comment or phrase here)

Edited by - daFunkster on 3/2/2001 3:46:06 PM
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

ZackAttack064

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »
Everyone! Okay I am here to tell you all about this thing I dicovered! NO LIE! THIS IS NOT A LIE! First the numbers on the Stutue must be a code! So maybe L may mean other than Liugi! So what I did was stand in front of the statue after all of the ghosts are gone! I tapped L the number it said. But nothing happened. So I knew that this was over. Soon I just wanted to see if beaing Bowser the final time again would affect it. So after I beat him, when the end credits were showing I went to the back again. And when I ran down the hall to et outside I saw that the boo, (racing out the door) had a coing in the center of him. I was amazed! IU lured him up to the ststue and when he was invisible because I stared at him, he flew on the statue, I turned away and he was stuck on the statue! Soon I beat him and the game froze! I restarted it and it took me to the start like when you start the game normally! So i went back and I boo was jamed up still! But I looked under the L stuff and it said something like Eternal star or something. So later I beat bowser the final time again! And when the eternal star apered! (The big one) I did the backwards stair glitch to get the star and I dont know how but I  got close to the edge then he got thew cap and flew. I knew that when you hit the game system weird things happen. So I hit it and I dropped down. And you nkow how some peole are lying backwards through the ground, well i fell and fell! Soon i hit the ground......................................................................................................................... ...............................
AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 04:22:27 PM »
You have some crazy dreams, man. L isn't real.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print