Print

Author Topic: What's on your Paste?  (Read 544138 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1186 on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:54 PM »
Polybius
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1187 on: July 17, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1188 on: July 18, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »
Will we be alright left alone tonight?
Will we be alright left alone tonight?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1189 on: July 18, 2011, 12:15:11 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1190 on: July 18, 2011, 12:36:49 PM »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #1191 on: July 18, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1192 on: July 18, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1193 on: July 19, 2011, 04:12:14 PM »
Turtlekid1: There's your answer.

andlabs
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1194 on: July 19, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
loose ends of these stitches are hanging loose in my mouth

CrossEyed7

« Reply #1195 on: July 19, 2011, 04:49:20 PM »
God meets us where we are, and I think that in reading accounts of God's prior interactions with culture, modern audiences should be careful to discern which parts are part of the culture itself, and which parts are the ways that God made it different. Like, if Jesus came today, he would wear sneakers and use the internet and tell parables about reality show contestants and illegal immigrants, but those things wouldn't be sacred in and of themselves, nor would they be perfect models of the way God actually is (i.e., he would tell a parable about "The kingdom of heaven is like unto someone who was on Survivor and got an immunity idol, etc." and then in the year 4000 someone's reading that passage from the Gospel of Katie and starts doing research on Survivor and finds out that there's a comet that has the same name as the winner on the last season of Survivor before it was cancelled).

Or, as another example, in the sacrificing Isaac incident, the important part isn't that God told Abraham to kill his son -- all the gods at the time would eventually demand that. The thing to take away is where God broke into a routine cultural event and said "No. I'm not like other gods. Look over there.", and for the first time anyone in that time could remember, there was a god who provided rather than demanded.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1197 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
"FAPITALISM" does not exist.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1198 on: July 27, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #1199 on: July 27, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »
"C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -intro:off -CustomResolution:enabled -r1680x1050

Print