Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. Wii released in North America  (Read 6028 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:43:15 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. Wii jumps onto store shelves across North America today, just three days after it was released in Australia. It is scheduled to be released next in Europe (November 20th) and then in Japan (December 3rd).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:32:15 PM »
Bought it myself today! What's up with Japan's release date, though?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
My theory is that North America got the first batch produced in order to release before Black Friday.

As an example of the importance of releasing before then, there are as many games coming out this week as the rest of the year combined.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:56:56 PM »
Ah, well, that makes sense.

Well, my bro and I have reached World 6 already! So far, so good, though it's a shame the game's so been-there, done-that. Then again, it is called "New Super Mario Bros. Wii".

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »
I haven't opened the case yet because I've had a hard time wrangling my players to get over here.

And no matter what the levels are like, I can't see 4-player simultaneous 2D Mario as being "done-that".

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 12:37:20 AM »
And no matter what the levels are like, I can't see 4-player simultaneous 2D Mario as being "done-that"

My younger sister and I playing  2-player, non-simulataneous play of SMB3 and SMW can make it seem quite hardcore.  I can't imagine how NSMBWii will compare, but I'm sure it won't be any less hardcore.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:00:51 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »
Brian doesn't know what he's talking about. The game is full of everything that a Mario game is supposed to have that makes me scream with joy. Also it's harder with 4 players.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
Hey, I didn't say it's not fun.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
Played it today with a friend. It's a lot of fun. :)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print