Print

Author Topic: What is your favorite Mario game?  (Read 7922 times)

« on: January 19, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »
Well, the title pretty much says it all. What Mario gamedo you like the best, and why?

Mine is pretty much a tie between Super Mario Bros.3 and Super Mario World, but 3 is a little better because it just had so much in it. It's complex, massive, challenging, adn full of secrets. I love (almost) all of them though.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 3 for me.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
My favorite overall Mario game? I don't really have one, but I do have a favorite for most categories.

2D Platformer: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
3D Platformer: Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy
Sports/Kart: Mario Power Tennis/Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Party: Mario Party 3/Mario Party 7
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:46:31 PM »
2D: Super Mario World
3D: Super Mario 64
RPG: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I haven't played enough of the sports spinoffs to know which of those I like the best.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Sqrt2

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:01:20 PM »
It has to be SM64 for me, mainly for being the first videogame ever to have a lasting impression on me.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
Runners up:
Super Mario Bros 2 (US and Japan)
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Land 2
Same Game Mario (Undake 30)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (arguably a Mario game, though not technically... a spinoff at least)
Yoshi's Story
Super Mario World 1 and 2
Mario Party 1 and 4
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Kart, Super Circuit, 64, Double Dash and Wii
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

completed my list
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:43:01 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
I'm impressed and slightly unsettled by the fact that TK's choices are the same as mine.

My favourite spinoff has to be Mario Kart DS.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:04:22 AM »
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe is far and away my favorite, categories be hanged.  But as for some runners-up that aren't remakes, Super Mario Bros.: TLL, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Paper Mario (64), Mario & Luigi: SS, Mario Party 5, Paper Mario: TTYD, Mario Kart DS, and the two Super Mario Galaxies, to name a few.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:54:21 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 02:57:20 AM »
Never before has a game captured my imagination and wonder quite like Mario Galaxy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »
Sticking to the main platformers, I'd say Super Mario World, followed closely by Super Mario Galaxy. However, if we're just going for any game with Mario in it, then I think I'd have to go with Mario & Luigi.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »
My favorite if we're just doing platformers is Super Mario Galaxy. If we can pick any game with Mario, then.. well, idk. I like a lot of games that have Mario.. The Mario & Luigi series is a close contender though.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
Oh gosh, favourites... My very favourite has been Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I just adored that game, made me love Bowser even more than MarioKart did. Mario World, Yoshi's Island! How could I forget that one? XD I love Mario Party as well, the first and the third ones, actually. Aaaand...Mario 64! I also adore Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, and Bowser's Inside Story. What else? The Mario Golf series...there was one in particular but I can't remember, but I love Mario Golf!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
Classic types: World and New Super Mario Bros. Wii

3-D types: Galaxy 2 and 64DS

RPG types: Thousand-Year Door and Superstar Saga

Spin-off types: Double-Dash!! and... Tetris Attack?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »
2D - Super Mario Bros. 3

3D - Super Mario Sunshine

Multiplayer - Mario Tennis / Double Dash

Other - Wario's Woods
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 05:42:26 PM »
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Mario Kart DS

^
these games to me epitomise everything I've ever liked about Mario games. Just give me these five and I'll be playing for days.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print