Print

Author Topic: The AMBIVALENT Thread: Have Mixed Feelings Here!  (Read 31519 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 11:59:15 PM »
What a shame... We occasionally go to Watertown, New York on shopping trips because everything costs at least thirty percent less in the States. Borders had just about the best selection of books and music of any store in town.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
I've started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
I don't know you anymore.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 08:59:17 PM »
So you're saying I have nothing to lose if I change my avatar to Fluttershy?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 10:30:24 PM »
Today was my first day of work proper, actually taking calls and such. It was a nightmare up until the point where I resolved a customer's issue. Then I felt like the Fist of the North Star.

Tomorrow it'll be a nightmare again for a bit, but it should be better than today was.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »
I've started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Probably a little late to say this, but I'd just like to note that in hindsight this post should've gone in The HOPEFUL Thread.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
I have a Facebook account.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »
The recommended specs for RAGE are far below what my machine is capable of. I'll be able to play the game for sure, but I like the idea that the beauty of the game is taxing my system, which it won't be; unless the max settings are god-like and worthy of my computer. I feel very conflicted about all of this.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
It's possible id Tech 5 is actually optimized well, unlike Every Other Graphics Engine Out There. That would explain it having lower requirements.

I do remember hearing PC is the primary development platform for the game, so that would explain some of it as well. Alternatively, it's possible id neutered the graphics quality of the game so it would be on par with consoles, but I guess John Carmack is all about the PC, so that doesn't seem likely.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Bad things that have happened lately:

--My great-grandpa died
--My best friend broke up with his girlfriend of over a year. In our talking, he confessed that he also dated and uncereminously broke up with the first girl I was into in high school, and later had sex with the other.
--I'm pretty sure I bombed my first Japanese test, and I'm not 100% confident about the story review I turned in for English 284

Good things that have happened lately:
--I figured out that I live a few blocks from the biggest indie video store in America.
--There's a steady stream of CDs coming in at the library for me.
--I'm now regularly texting in Japanese to a girl who sits next to me in said class.

Good/bad things that have happened lately:
--SOPA blackout
--It's snowing (which is awesome for lots of reasons), but that means stuff is closed and/or slippery all over the place)
--The same day my great-grandpa died, my aunt fractured her leg and went to hospital, where she figured out she was pregnant.

So yeah, stuff's happenin' in Super ShadowBrain World.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
My condolences about your great-grandfather.

texting in Japanese

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:26 PM »
texting in Japanese
Huh. Far as I know, my phone can't do Japanese. Would be useful, though. Then again, if I could text in Japanese, I'd run the risk of going full weeaboo. Blech.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »
I'm sorry, I should've been more specific--romanized Japanese.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
So I had taken this job as a Peer Mentor at my school this summer.  Only now am I starting to get an idea of what I'm in for - lots of things to plan, events to organize...  It's gonna be a crazy ride and I doubt I'm fully prepared but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:22 PM »
I am searching for jobs halfway across the country so that I can move to a place where there's good mass transit and very good improvisation classes.  I am about $26000 in student loan debt, and I have to start making payments in November, so I'd like to land a job and be doing stuff by then.

Part of me thinks it would be even more convenient to stay put and live at home with my dad in the middle of nowhere and somehow find a job in the local area.  I would be putting my dreams on hold and probably wouldn't talk to people my own age for years, let alone talk to gay people.

I am determined to find a job, yet I find the task to be very daunting/vague/challenging, especially since I'm not anywhere near the geographic location in which I want to work.  I would also have to pay for an apartment there, whereas at home I would not.  Curse the financial allure of not pursuing dreams!!!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print