Print

Author Topic: Subliminal Messages?  (Read 44550 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2006, 10:14:37 AM »
Sorry.  My Luigi vision must have failed me. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2006, 03:54:12 PM »
Ooh! Ooh! I know!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/dark_side_of_the_rainbow

There is this strange phenomenon dubbed "Dark Side of The Rainbow" by nerds where, if you play it right, The Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon synch up in certain parts if you set the CD on loop and mute the movie. Pink Floyd didn't even intend it, but it happens.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2006, 02:50:12 AM »

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2006, 04:01:30 AM »
WOW. Those are great. If you don't think the shirt one is real, try pasting it into paint and flipping it. My favorite has to be the second one, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2006, 11:15:50 AM »
About the Albino Blacksheep thing with the quiet Lord's Prayer, and the sudden flashes, loud screams, and freaky images, I remember a friend of mine showing us that one near the end of 1st period in school.  I didn't scream or anything.  I just jumped in surprise, but it still FREAKED the living crap out of me.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2006, 12:47:27 PM »

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2006, 03:58:08 PM »
v

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2006, 06:31:40 PM »
I saw that in the paper earlier today and thought, 'what a coinkidink'.

« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2006, 08:12:29 PM »
In Earthbound snes the brickroad song is the drum sample from the Beatles "Sargent pepper's lonely hearts" song.
if you lower the pitch and remove vocals or listen closely you can hear them saying Sargent pepper's lonely hearts.
and in jackies cafe you can hear the national anthem.theres more I found like the wierd sonds when you enter your name.
also in paper mario the thousand year door when you battle a normal enemy open the gamecube lid (you can hear it better)
you hear kids saying i think "my guess is probably 189" or somthing like that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:34:51 AM by Fairemaster »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »
I beleive the Earthbound staff members were fans of the Beatles as well as other British stuff. I heard there are a few Monty Python references.

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2006, 04:57:10 PM »
has anyone ever tried that brickroad thing?
and in super mario collection(japanese mario all-stars) the voices are diffrent than in the us version.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2006, 05:19:36 PM »
I think it's funny that the L is Real 2401 thing is in SM 64 DS, and that game already has luigi. How strange....

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2006, 06:04:57 PM »
The text is probably even more blurry. I remember seeing on another forum that someone ripped the texture from the ROM and discovered it really said 'landXYplayer'. Odd.

and in super mario collection(japanese mario all-stars) the voices are diffrent than in the us version

I think that's been documented on this site.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
I think the "L is real 2041" thing has been done to death. It's not a subliminal message, nor does it really have anything to do with Luigi. Nintendo just did some blurry scribbles to make it look like a plaque of some sort. It means nothing. Whenever I look at it, I need to squint really hard, other wise it looks like just scribbles. Which is what it is.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2006, 06:30:35 PM »
A bunch of random scribbles, yes...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print