Print

Author Topic: Goriest Game  (Read 12712 times)

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 10:47:08 PM »
*laughs*

The point is Wolf3D has got less gory graphics then games like Doom 3 yet they rate it M for mature, haha. It's like Mario jumping goombas being rated T for teen. I was making a exaggeriated remark. Why is everyone is uptight around here? LOL
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:57:28 PM by Lava89 »

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2006, 12:37:52 PM »
There's no blood in Goldeneye. I checked.

PS: The game is based on the James Bond movie of the same name and was critically acclaimed for redefining the first-person shooter.
If you mean GoldenEye 007, that did look like it had some blood in it. I played it at my friend's house not too long ago. (Yes, I do have friends. >:O) If there was blood, though, it MIGHT have only showed it coming down on someone's screen when they got shot in multiplayer (I only played multiplayer, so I don't know about single-player). I'm not positive it was blood, however.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2006, 04:14:29 PM »
That's the only time blood is ever shown in the game. When a player dies and the red stuff comes down the screen. It probably isn't supposed to be blood, more likely a fancy fade-out.

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2006, 09:14:15 PM »
A fancy fade out based on blood, yes.

Goldeneye 007 had no blood. It was rated T.
Perfect Dark had blood. It was rated M.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 07:18:42 AM »
Ummm, I wonder how many versions they made of AVP2, because the one I played you did get to play while you were in his stomach.

Hmm...now that I think of it, I do remember PLAYING that sequence with my friend's version a few years ago, but when I fot my own copy a month later, all I did was WATCH that sequence. Did I get some sort of weird censored version?
every

Sqrt2

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2006, 02:18:55 AM »
If you mean GoldenEye 007, that did look like it had some blood in it. I played it at my friend's house not too long ago. (Yes, I do have friends. >:O) If there was blood, though, it MIGHT have only showed it coming down on someone's screen when they got shot in multiplayer (I only played multiplayer, so I don't know about single-player). I'm not positive it was blood, however.

When you shoot the soldiers part of their uniform turns red so yeah there is blood in the game.

As for my Goriest game, I'm torn between RE4 and Turok 2 (especially if I use the cerebral bore against an enemy).
AA fanboy and proud!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 08:10:42 PM »
I'd have to go with RE4 as the goriest game I've played. Even I was shocked by the gore (enspecially when the Leatherface wanna-be saws off Leon's head), though I've played the MK games (though the gore in those games is made at a lighter tone).
Professional Paisano here

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 08:36:12 AM »
I forgot about Turok 2. With the possible exception of Soldier of Fortune 2, it's the goriest game ever. But then there's Half-Life (you should see the over-the-top blood splatters on enemies)
every

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 04:44:28 PM »
Metal Gear Solid isn't particulary gory, but blood does go all over the place. It kinda adds dramatic effect!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2006, 01:55:50 PM »
I'm thinking of a particular scene in The Twin Snakes that was very, very gory.

Soldier of Fortune 2 is 80x gorier than Half-Life.

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2006, 06:11:04 PM »
The Gray Fox scene where he cuts that one guy in half? That's about as gory as it gets.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »
He didn't just cut a guy in half! He cut a basketball-sized hole in a guy and a whole bunch of gory things. SPOILER The scene where Raven was eaten was pretty gory too
RE4 was very gory too, and MK is just silly. You can't call that "lifelike blood and gore". Same goes for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Bloodrayne looks pretty gory too, and Killer 7 is very gory.

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 06:25:21 PM »
That one part where he had the genome soilder impaled was funny. "W-wha? A-a ghost?" If that's all you can say before you're about to die, then you deserve to get kicked to the wall. *blood goes everywhere.*

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 06:32:04 PM »
I'd give the title "Goriest Game" to the Mortal Kombat games.

More specifically, Shaolin Monks. Although I think this game is completely awesome, there is (as always) way too much blood.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 05:23:54 PM »
Well, even though SOF does feature graphic decapitations and dismemberment, the amount of actual blood (the red stuff) is surprisingly small. Of course, the gore (assorted nasty stuff like dismemberment and guts) is fairly common.
every

Print