Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704860 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7485 on: June 14, 2011, 07:47:11 AM »
That images was from http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=9323.msg580087#msg580087 in case you missed it back then.  I guess you'd have to remember the group was from Wisconsin to get the connection the the rest of my post.  Too bad the University of Wisconsin isn't called WI U.  I wasn't picking a Turtlekid1 either.  I agreed with his assessment of the article, but could have made the reference clearer.  Maybe I should have just went with using the screen names of forum members from Wisconsin in my stupid little Wii U name jokes.  Also, that post was not alcohol inspired. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7486 on: June 18, 2011, 06:06:38 PM »
We took our eight-year-old dog to the vet yesterday because he was yelping in pain every time he made a sudden movement or was moved. It turns out he has arthritis in one leg and a torn cruciate ligament in the other. We can't play with or walk him for the rest of the summer, lest the condition of his legs detiriorate further. He's also developed a breathing problem, most likely due to a collapsed trachea. My dad took some pictures of him today, just in case.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7487 on: June 18, 2011, 10:05:18 PM »
Man, sorry to hear... I know what it's like to have to cope with a pet's pain.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7488 on: June 18, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
Thanks. It's hard to see him sapped of all his usual vigour and vitality without getting choked up.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7489 on: June 25, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »
So it's pretty much official that I've lost 100% of everything on my PS3. In other words, the miracle of modern storage technology has reached back through the veils of time and essentially made it as if I've never played any of the dozen-plus PS2/3 games I own over the course of several years. So now my playing of videogames has been made all the more a retroactive waste of time by the fact that I have next to nothing to show for all the hours I really should've been doing something more productive with my life.

« Reply #7490 on: June 25, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
But at least you had fun right?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7491 on: June 25, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
Yeah, I guess... But it's like losing a photo album in a fire. The memories are still there, but there's something to be said for posterity, right?

Truth be told, aside from the admittedly silly interest in keeping old save files I'll never play again, the majority of my games were either ones I had beaten the story modes of (Darksiders, etc.), or was stuck on to the point that I didn't give a [darn] if I finished them (Mirror's Edge) or would probably start all over again on because of how little I was invested in the first place (Dragon Quest VIII). However, my brother's especially broken up over it, because he spent several months making a series of LittleBigPlanet levels dedicated to all the in-jokes my friends and I used to have, levels for which we bought a PS Eye just to get their pictures into it (and what's more, he lost the first in-joke level to the last crash we had--or un-crash, rather, as I somehow got my data back at the time). But of course, there's the games like Portal 2 (we hadn't finished co-op), or extra re-plays in God of War III. I've considered save states and GameSharks or something to at least create the illusion of progress, but it won't be personal...

Well, I'll pay for the new hard drive. It's my fault for running it so long and not backing stuff up, anyway.

« Reply #7492 on: June 25, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »
How on earth did you get stuck on Mirror's Edge? There are red doors and paths that show you where to go.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7493 on: June 25, 2011, 05:40:32 PM »
The crappy combat, that's how. Specifically, that section where you bust out of the van into that green area with all the armed guards. Granted, I'm an impatient guy--moreso when I continuously die in the same section--but I had already destroyed the game's veneer of flowing plot and artful freerunning with excessive deaths in the previous areas, and by that point it was just legitimately not entertaining anymore.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7494 on: June 29, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
I updated to Internet Explorer 9, and now it doesn't work. Thank God I've got Opera as a backup...

« Reply #7495 on: June 29, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »
Firefox has been slowing down my whole system recently. I'm guessing this has to do with uploading videos over 9GB.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7496 on: June 29, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »
Well, it's all good now--I uninstalled back to 8.

« Reply #7497 on: June 29, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »
I'm an impatient guy
There's your problem, you're Doing It Wrong, Mirror's Edge is not a guns-blazing game. Your first clue should have been the fact that they never even give you one.

« Reply #7498 on: June 29, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »
The door on our mailbox has fallen off, and has been off apparently for at least a week. It's been raining every other day this week.. None of our mail has been extra soggy, but I hope it hasn't been stolen or otherwise messed with.

I guess we should talk to our landlord soon..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7499 on: July 05, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »
I really just think I'm allergic to the freaking sun. I have no clue whats wrong with me. Stupid Texas, stupid California. I'm currently covered in calamine lotion.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print