Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1696040 times)

« Reply #7500 on: July 05, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7501 on: July 05, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
...And that's why I'm sometimes embarassed to tell people I plan on becoming a lawyer.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7502 on: July 05, 2011, 05:51:31 PM »
American justice system, I am disappoint.

Yeah, I was shocked as well. Not to mention it was a quick decision.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7503 on: July 05, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »
Well, she's not the first. OJ got away with it too.. He didn't do quiet the same thing, but you know..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7504 on: July 05, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
Reasonable doubt my ass
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7505 on: July 05, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
I would never doubt your ass, BP.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7506 on: July 05, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »
Accidentally drove into the garage door this evening... well, that's probably going to put a dent in my college savings.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7507 on: July 05, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7508 on: July 05, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
Two things about the case. First, why does everyone care? What is it about the case that made everyone give even the slightest [darn]?Second, the jury found her not guilty after hearing all the testimony and viewing the evidence, it's not anyones place to condemn her because YOU think she's guilty. You think it's a problem with the justice system that she got away with murder, but not with the fact her life is ruined anyway?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #7509 on: July 05, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
Two things about the case. First, why does everyone care? What is it about the case that made everyone give even the slightest [darn]?

Because the media knew the case would stir up strong emotions from viewers, and therefore decided to cram it down our throats. This case has been followed especially closely by parents of young children, for obvious reasons. See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

Second, the jury found her not guilty after hearing all the testimony and viewing the evidence, it's not anyones place to condemn her because YOU think she's guilty.

A jury also found OJ not guilty. The jurors themselves aren't to blame; rather, jury incompetence brought about by misinformed expectations is. See also: http://www.cspo.org/documents/csieffectheinrick.pdf
(Yes, I'm aware the Simpson trial came long before CSI. However, the phenomenon has been noted under other names such as the "Perry Mason Effect".)

You think it's a problem with the justice system that she got away with murder, but not with the fact her life is ruined anyway?

The state of her life as a free woman is completely irrelevant to the official justice system. Because she's technically not guilty of murder and therefore not subject to "Son of Sam" laws, Casey Anthony can, and probably will, capitalize on the killing of her daughter through books and interviews. Once she's made her millions, she'll probably live out the rest of her life in comfort, surrounded by her supporters.

Accidentally drove into the garage door this evening... well, that's probably going to put a dent in my college savings.

...Not to mention in the garage door.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:41:08 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #7510 on: July 06, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
Yes, I'm well aware that plenty of people are comparing this trial to the OJ trial, because there are many very important similarities.  One, there's a dead person.  Two, there's someone that is suspected of a crime and therefore, because innocent people are never arrested, guilty.  Three, it was televised. Four, HANG THEM HANG THEM, because regardless of being found innocent, they're still guilty (this is the part I was referring to by saying her life is ruined, the lynch mob attitude that doesn't care that they were found innocent.  I imagine she will make millions on her story). And that's about it.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7511 on: July 08, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
Remember this?

Well, just as I feared, my method (basically, using a plastic knife and a wipe to try to clean the inside without opening the system up and potentially damaging it beyond repair) has proven to be a temporary fix, and not even a reliable one at that.

Yeah, so I'm getting a little steamed here.  I want to play my PS2 games.  >:|
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7512 on: July 10, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »
On the subject of Sony platforms dying:

I went to play some OutRun 2006 earlier, but my PSP has suddenly stopped reading discs. The drive still spins, but it won't read at all, and nothing I've done seems to work.

Unless this somehow clears up on its own, I basically have three options:
1. Spend about seventeen dollars to get a replacement optical drive and fix it myself. Strongly considering this one because it wouldn't be a difficult fix, my PSP isn't under warranty anyway, and I can still play stuff from memory stick in the meantime.
2. Spend at least $90 on a replacement PSP and go through the hell of transferring PSN stuff over plus having to restart any game that ties saves to hardware. Not happening.
3. Not fix or replace anything and instead go buy more microSD cards and download pirated copies of the twenty-seven UMD games I own. I don't want to do this either, but it'd be preferable to option 2 and possibly faster than option 1.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7513 on: July 11, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
I think I might hate the world.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7514 on: July 12, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »
I actually hate the people I live with.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print