Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Super Paper Mario  (Read 20221 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2006, 07:14:45 PM »
When I first saw Paper Mario, I thought it was a Design suite for the N64. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2006, 08:47:54 AM »
GOOD GOODNESS, hasn't ANYBODY played Paper Mario?!?!

Yes I have I played TTYD not the first one.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »
Ever since Paper Mario I've known Bowser has a thing for Peach. In fact, he adores her! Bowser only appeared to express a lack of personal interest in Peach from the beginning, when his role was merely the antagonist without any other dimensions.

Edit: Even in TTYD he shows interest in her- remember the part where he talks to the Princess Peach poster?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:14:19 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2006, 01:24:27 PM »
I say that Peach and Bowser were being marryed against their will by that guy with the cape.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
Yeah, and he has a thing for her in SMS.

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2006, 08:56:18 AM »
And that is just plain stupid.
"A winner is you"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »
If he doesn't like her, why does he kidnap her.......over and over and over......

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2006, 04:38:56 PM »
To lure Mario in............DUH!!!

Sometimes Peach was locked up and or stuffed into an empty room.

Yeah.BRILLIANT way of showing someone that you like them.
"A winner is you"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2006, 08:48:30 PM »
Why did he kidnap her before he knew Mario?

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28:32 PM »
So he could take over the Mushroom Kingdom. He turned all of the Shroom people into blocks, then kidnapped Peach (at this time, Princess Toadstool), who was the only one who could turn them back.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2006, 01:08:47 AM »
But Peach's powers are only half of why he needs her in his custody to rule the Mushroom Kingdom. HGe has to marry her to make her his queen, so he can spend the rest of his life with her in a throne.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 02:33:37 AM »
That was why Bowser kidnapped Peach in the first place, according to Nintendo.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2006, 02:07:13 PM »
I think this game could have a ton of potential, but I just hope Nintendo doesn't go too over the edge with the side-scroller-ness. if it is what I think it'll be like, then it oughta be excellent. if they can make it as a big platform adventure, involving questing and backtracking like in other Paper Mario games, while still giving it that 2-D edge, then I'll be a happy man. a good story is a must. if they just throw it together with no plot/story whatsoever, focusing on the 'fun' too much, as they did with New Super Mario, then I might just be heartbroken.

incidentally, I just beat Thousand Year Door the other night, and for the first time in my life, I can safely say I have a favorite game. seriously, this game is driving me insane, I actually feel really bad that I beat it.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2006, 12:07:22 AM »
That's exactly how I felt.  I honestly hope this game had more interesting and fun characters, because so far we've only seen these weird bird enemies, a dragon, and those creepy little cube people.  Though this game looks oh so awesome, I am rather sad that there seems to be no more role playing like the other games.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2006, 08:34:32 AM »
After a bit of thinking, this seems like the Mario equivalent of Zelda II. It's a 2D scroller with some RPG elements, like HP and Town Stages where you can talk to people, and it'll probably turn out to be some epic adventure, like the previous PMs. I wish Sega would make a Sonic game like this. *sigh*

Print