Print

Author Topic: Wii's Japanese Price Announced  (Read 4515 times)

« on: May 25, 2006, 08:50:36 PM »
I certainly hope this hasn't been posted on TMK already. I haven't seen anything about it, though.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/05/25/nintendo-announces-japanese-wii-price.htm

So the maximum price in U.S. dollars will probably be $225. Sounds like a pretty good deal. :)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 09:02:48 PM »
Uhh the US price cap was also announced today.  No more than $250.

NINTENDO NEWS: NINTENDO ANNOUNCES WII INFORMATION, WORLDWIDE SHIPMENTS

May 25, 2006

Following its overwhelming debut at E3 2006, Nintendo today announced the current fiscal year unit shipment forecast for its new home game system, Wii™. Nintendo also confirmed that the price of the Wii system, which incorporates unique freehand control, will not exceed $250 in America, or ¥25,000 in Japan. The company plans to ship 6 million systems to retailers around the world between its launch in the fourth quarter of 2006 and the end of its fiscal year on March 31, 2007.

The projections are part of a full-year financial forecast that sees growth of 18 percent in sales globally, based on anticipated continuing strong demand for the Nintendo DS™ portable game system, as well as a successful launch for Wii.

The company also said it expects to sell 17 million Wii games in the period. Exact launch dates, identification of the launch library of titles and details on the unique Virtual Console aspect of Wii will be announced soon.

NBCGod

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:38:42 AM »
I think it going to be $199.99 MSRP and $199.97 at Walmart because every past Nintendo console has launched and $200. So why stop tradition?

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 11:31:54 AM »
... every past Nintendo console has launched and $200.
You might want to check your facts.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 12:14:33 PM »
So why stop tradition?
Well, the Wii stops tradition in pretty much every aspect of being a game console.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 04:49:40 PM »
Well, the Wii stops tradition in pretty much every aspect of being a game console.

The Grammar Princess is right.

Also, how can the website be so sure it's going to sell at $225? What if it's $220?
(But I still think it's going to be $250)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:42:08 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 04:56:19 PM »
The Grammer Princess is right.
That's "Grammar", buddy.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print