Print

Author Topic: Wii launch details, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario  (Read 13153 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »
Earlier today, Nintendo released launch details for Wii a mere two months before its US release of November 19, 2006. One confirmed launch title for Japan is Odoru Made in Wario (WarioWare: Smooth Moves), releasing along with the system on December 2.

Also announced was Mario Party 8, which appears on Nintendo's Japanese software lineup.

Finally, it's official: Super Paper Mario and Donkey Kong Bongo Blast, two games originally announced for GameCube, have moved to the Wii for 2007.

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »
So MP8 is going to be on the Wii? I feel a bit more intrested in it .....
I'm a horrible person.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
I can even tell how excited I am to know what to expect from Wii. Now I know when I have to have the money for Wii. This is completely awresome (typo intended).
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 03:51:24 PM »
On WarioWare...

I had a feeling it would be a launch game.

On MP8...

It was inevitable. Hopefully this one will be a breath of fresh air.

On SPM...

Guess it makes sense considering how close to death the GCN is. But how will it make use of the Wii-mote?

On DKBB...

This is an odd one. The folks on DKU aren't going to be happy about it.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »
I don't know about that. I'm sure glad the game still exists.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:46 PM »
So is the Gamecube still going out in style?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 05:49:45 PM »
So is the Gamecube still going out in style?

I can say at this this point, it's only going out with half the style we thought it would be going out with.

I'm dissapointed that there will be a MP8. I actually thought that they were going to lay the MP seris to rest after MP7, but alas, MP8 has been announced. I guess that the wii-mote could either breath new life into the seris, or not.

But I'm really excited about the announcement that WW:SM will released around the wii's launch date. I'm a big fan of Wario Ware, so as you could imagine, I like this news. *Puts on his Wario Ware hat* I can't wait!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 05:56:12 PM »
I was hoping they'd make a Mario Party for the Wii, and my prayers were answered!
I'm certain this advent will be a great revival for the MP series. I can't wait! ^_^
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 06:20:39 PM »
Must... pre-order... Wii...

|@_@|
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:47:25 PM »
All right!
I was a little worried I would'nt be seeing another Mario Party, but it's finally been confirmed. I hope the graphics are better, though...
I remember seeing an IGN page that stated it would be released on October 3rd. I should probably visit that page again to have a good laugh.
Cool to know the Wii won't be released last.
But it kinda bugs me that we can't get SPM and DKBB on GCN. It's not like those games need to be released on Wii. Looks like we don't get a pleasant Mario GCN goodbye game. Shame on you, Nintendo. I thought this info was gonna be released tommorow, actually.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »
Sweetness. I was hoping SPM would be released after the Wii so I'd be able to be among the first to play it. November 19th... a sunday. Nice. Time is running out to preorder. I'd better get my mom to take me to town.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 06:56:24 PM »
Does anyone know a site to preorder from? Can I preorder online? Should I sell my gamecube in the PennySaver in case my mom says she won't buy it for me because of the price? I actually wanted SPM to come out for the GC. It was hoping for it. Half-style. Yeah.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 10:00:57 PM »
Dang it. This is one of those times when I really really really wish I had a job...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 01:42:08 PM »
Well, I'm a little disappointed that SPM isn't a launch title, considering it's original release date. Especially since MP3 has also been pushed back to 2007. Well, at least Bongo Blast wasn't cancelled, and Wario Ware is still on. I expect Mario Party 8 to come out around Christmas here in America.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 01:10:41 AM »
The time when we get Wiimotes is not the time to put Mario Party to rest.

Print