Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 announced  (Read 10786 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: October 17, 2006, 09:06:13 AM »
Flyers of a second Triforce-powered Mario Kart arcade game have recently surfaced.  Waluigi and and a character from the Tamagotchi series are the latest drivers to enter the grand prix.  More wacky weapons and avatar customizations are also included.  In addition, the collection of an "M" logo item will transform drivers' karts into custom vehicles similar to those found in Mario Kart DS.  Like the previous game, the full setup will feature 4-player seating.  There is no word yet on a release date.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:51:10 AM by MEGAߥTE »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:08:15 AM »

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 11:12:59 AM »
It sounds a little complicated, but maybe that's the point if it keeps the quarters (or dollar bills, I guess) pumping.

I don't know whether this feature is new, but apparently if you beat 150cc Grand Prix mode you get a free play.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:16:54 PM »
Will all the items from the previous game be intact?

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 02:25:57 PM »
I have never actually played or seen a MKAGP cabinate, so I'm not really excited about this game. But why did they have a tamagotchi character? I could understand someone like Sonic, cuz' Sega helped develop the Triforce arcade system. But a character from tamagotchi? That's just plain weird.

On the subject of the Triforce arcade system, I wonder if Nintendo will make a Wii-Based arcade system? Probably not, since the arcade isn't that popular anywhere outside Japan anymore. They'll most likely stick to the Triforce system.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 02:34:22 PM »
I just thought of something else. In the previous game, a few of the characters' special items granted invinciblity by changing the body of their car (Wario, Yoshi and Bowser to be exact), so I'm assuming those items are taken out. Also, the little chart on the bottom shows about 19 new items. Is that all there is, or will there be more?

I suppose the only way to find out is when Namco puts up the Japanese website....

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 09:58:44 PM »
A Poke'mon/Digimon crossover cannot be that far off now!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 05:11:02 AM »
No, it'll never happen. And that has nothing to do with Mario Kart.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 08:19:02 AM »
Yes, Pokemon and Digimon will never be in the same game. Just like how Mario and Solid Snake won't, either. Stuff like that just can't happen.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
Oh. Lizard Dude is too clever for us. XD
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 10:41:44 PM »
Just like how Mario and Solid Snake won't, either. Stuff like that just can't happen.
* solidmushroom is cry
Having Samus and Mario doesn't make much sense either, but it works.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 06:33:34 AM »
Allsome
Combine all nintendo systems!

Sqrt2

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 03:31:09 AM »
Flyers of a second Triforce-powered Mario Kart arcade game have recently surfaced.  Waluigi and and a character from the Tamagotchi series are the latest drivers to enter the grand prix.  More wacky weapons and avatar customizations are also included.  In addition, the collection of an "M" logo item will transform drivers' karts into custom vehicles similar to those found in Mario Kart DS.  Like the previous game, the full setup will feature 4-player seating.  There is no word yet on a release date.

Waluigi I can understand but what in the world is a TAMAGOTCHI character doing in it?? It's just plain wrong.
AA fanboy and proud!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 04:00:15 PM »
Uh, Namco and Bandai are one now, so they included a Bandai character. That's what a Tamogotchi character is doing there.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 05:20:28 PM »
Namco and Bandai are one now

They are? O_O When did that happen? Do you have a link to an article about it??

Back to MK: It may be weird to see Tamagotchi and Toad together, but remember: the first MK game to have a non-Mario character was MKDS. It had ROB the robot. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 11:41:09 PM »

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 08:42:41 AM »
Now Namco WILL be ruined. Bandai has some stupid stuff, like the Ben 10 dolls and TAMOGOTCHI especially.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 09:03:37 AM »
So? Bandai also has cool things like Kinnikuman and the Mutant Turtles.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 06:57:55 PM »
Now Namco WILL be ruined. Bandai has some stupid stuff, like the Ben 10 dolls and TAMOGOTCHI especially.

Man, your ignorance is making my face hurt.

Print