Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island DS released in USA  (Read 4305 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:06:35 PM »
Yoshi's Island DS is delivered to stores across the US today. The long-awaited sequel to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was developed by Artoon, who also developed Yoshi Topsy-Turvy for Game Boy Advance.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:42:51 PM by Luigison »

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 06:27:10 AM »
I got the ROM last week, it's great.
Although, that one boss is like a straight copy from Burt the Basful.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:26:37 PM »
Yeah, I wanted to get the game for Christmas, but after Yoshi's Topsy Turvy, I was afraid wheather or not Artoon could develop a good Yoshi game, let alone a game trying to follow in the footsteps of one of the greatest games of all time. However, I've read a lot of reviews for the game, all of them giving the game warm reception, stating it had all the Great Level design, replay value and the mind-boggling puzzles of the first game, while adding a new twist on the game design. That places the game back on top of my christmas list :).

Although, I don't know if it has the longitivity of the first title. In one of the reviews, I read the game sports three worlds. Three. That's only half of what the orginal YI had (six). So I must ask: is this game short, or is it just the right length?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 01:44:54 AM »
Uhh what?  The game has 5 worlds; each has 8 levels and 2 unlockables, and the levels are quite long.

Print