Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 474622 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1605 on: September 29, 2008, 10:19:52 PM »
Aren't a few Mario characters named after food in the Japanese games?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1606 on: September 30, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
Quote from: TMK
Bowser is always "Kuppa" (pronounced: Koopa) in Japan. Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto revealed in an interview that they were considering naming Mario's nemesis either Kuppa, Yukke (Yukka), or Bibinbap (Bi Bim Bap), all Korean dishes.

Quote from: TMK
The onigiri, a hand-rolled sushi snack, has snuck into a few Mario games. A triangular onigiri appears as a character(!) in Wrecking Crew '98 and as one of many food items in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

There's probably more.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1607 on: October 05, 2008, 11:30:34 AM »
(Please note that I AM being serious.)

Is Nintendo influencing the use of mushrooms on children who play Mario? I mean, kids might think eating mushrooms is cool and makes you grow. Was this coincidental or were they actually trying to put thoughts in people's heads?
Mario is why I eat Mushrooms. I actually do become giant!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1608 on: October 05, 2008, 12:00:29 PM »
Bert and Ernie are an attempt by the Sesame Workshop to make kids be gay.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1609 on: October 05, 2008, 12:18:31 PM »
(Please note that I AM being serious.)

Is Nintendo influencing the use of mushrooms on children who play Mario? I mean, kids might think eating mushrooms is cool and makes you grow. Was this coincidental or were they actually trying to put thoughts in people's heads?

My mom always told me if I eat my mushrooms I'll grow like Mario. Ironically I just got into eating Mushrooms and I'm 22 years old.

So why are we calling II Piantisimo that? Shouldn't it be Piantisimo Jr? And where's I Piantisimo?

~ 2Italian
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1610 on: October 05, 2008, 12:49:11 PM »
It's not supposed to be "Piantisimo the Second". It's IL Piantisimo, as in, like, a Spanish/Italian/whatever name. That being said, I want to kill the person who made "I"s and "L"s look the same on computers.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1611 on: October 05, 2008, 03:27:39 PM »
His name technically means "The Wonderful Pianta" or something like that.

« Reply #1612 on: October 05, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »
He's not a real Pinata anyway. He's really the Running Man from Ocarina of Time.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1613 on: October 05, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
Captain Obvious attacks!

But seriously, is there anyone who doesn't know the running man secret?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #1614 on: October 05, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
That Richard Bachman is really Stephen King?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1615 on: October 05, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »
"-issimo" is just a superlative, so his name actually would be "The Pianta-est" or something.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1616 on: October 05, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »
When I first played I misread it as "Paintissimo." That, combined with his standing laugh-nod-whatever animation matching shadow Mario's as he stands before the Grand Pianta statue about to paint the portal to Bianco Hills, made me think that he was another alternate form of Bowser Jr. Haaaawww.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1617 on: October 05, 2008, 09:54:07 PM »
Well, if you remember the ending...

« Reply #1618 on: October 05, 2008, 10:41:14 PM »
Ya about that, is Nintendo ever gonna do anything more with him?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1619 on: October 06, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »
I don't know why Nintendo hasn't regretted making Bowser Jr. yet. He's too stereotyped and the Koopa Kids where much better, more menacing.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Print