Print

Author Topic: Character Development  (Read 14596 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 06:52:46 PM »
I'd like to see Waluigi be more developed.  We only get to see him in multiplayer games like Mario Kart and Mario Party.  I'd like to see a game involving Luigi and Waluigi.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 09:30:15 AM »
The best wqay to pull that would be to make a third Mario & Luigi with Wario and Waluigi.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 12:33:48 PM »
Pretty much everyone. But then again, Mario games aren't known for their storylines and character development.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 12:52:28 PM »
I guess a better wording for the question would be: What characters do you want to see have an important role in the plots for future Mario games?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 04:58:55 PM »
I'd like to see Waluigi be more developed.  We only get to see him in multiplayer games like Mario Kart and Mario Party.  I'd like to see a game involving Luigi and Waluigi.

I agree COMPLETELY!! I know that there's TONS of people protesting against him becoming an actual character with some background, but I think that he's a really intriguing character - personally, I think that if they don't make a game with Luigi and Waluigi, then they should at least make a game with Wario and Waluigi.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 05:58:40 PM »
I agree with Blue toad, I'd like to see Daisy a lot more.  The only games she's ever been in are the two Mario land games, the sports games, every Mario party game after 1 and 2, and Mario Kart: DS and Mario Kart: DD.  Actually that is a lot of games...but she has only had a major role in the Mario Land series. 

oh and you forgot mario party 4 that's all i played and sopme cameos.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 06:25:46 PM »
Uhhh, no he didn't.
every Mario party game after 1 and 2
That includes MP4.
Well, if there's not voice acting in the next major game featuring Daisy, I'm fine with it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 09:49:41 PM »
I know that there's TONS of people protesting against him becoming an actual character with some background, but I think that he's a really intriguing character
I think the reason so many people hate Waluigi is because we don't know much about him.  If Nintendo makes an actual game with Waluigi, I think gamers might appreciate him more.  I mostly want to know whether or not he is Wario's brother.  I'd also like to know some detail on the Wario Bros.' past; what caused them to become the way they are.  BTW I call Wario and Waluigi the Wario Bros because I think they are indeed brothers, and their surname is Wario.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
Until then, we have fan-theories. I once made one up, but I cant remember how it went. Maybe I should make a topic about this.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 10:44:27 AM »
We have Mariology for that. It hasn't been posted in for a while, though.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 02:24:51 PM »
Would it be OK if I bumped it?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 06:20:04 PM »
Please do.  I have wanted to for awhile now, but I can't think of anything to post...
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »
I think the reason so many people hate Waluigi is because we don't know much about him.
we really don't know too much about luigi or wario either. it's all about Mario he sucks!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 08:29:11 PM »
Well, in PiT we find out that Luigis younger self was alot braver than his older self.  We also find that Luigi holds much potential and courage, but is a bit too cowardly to use it.  We have a bit on Luigi.
Also, we really don't have much about Mario.  He's brave, thinks about others, and has a slight weight issue.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24:17 PM »
I've thought about it some more...and I've decided that we already have a glimpse of the personalities of a lot of characters.  Mario is shy but brave.  Luigi is cowardly and usually just looks after the house while Mario is gone.  Wario craves money and power.  Peach is always in need of rescuing.  Bowser is a pain.  Baby Bowser is a pain too. 

I was thinking that maybe we should see more of Professor Frankly (PM:TTYD), Professor Fungi (Mario Party 2), Daisy (Super Mario Land, MK:DD, MK:DS, Mario Parties 3 through 7, various sports), and Waluigi. 

Print