Print

Author Topic: Just a little question...  (Read 10707 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 09:51:31 AM »
It's still easy to identify hidden people. Just look at the most recent post, and then look to see if there is a hidden person online.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 09:19:33 PM »
Okay, thanks for the answers but now I have another question:

How come guests can sometimes reply to topics?  Don't you have to be a member to reply to topics?
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
Haha, what? Guests can only look at topics.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 11:05:51 PM »
Guests were allowed to post way back when if I'm not mistaken.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 12:01:18 AM »
Even when ASP was around, you had to register to post. Or so I recall.

If you can prove me wrong, please do.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 12:38:01 AM »
The ancient posts submitted by "guests" are the result of deleted accounts, I believe.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 12:38:58 AM »
Ah, well that explains it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 01:37:27 AM »
If you knew how to exploit the system, you could do a lot of weird things also, like post from other forums utilizing the same system.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 01:40:02 AM »
Those were some crazy times. There were quite a few odd forums I saw just by entering random numbers into the URL.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 01:41:24 AM »
If you knew how to exploit the system, you could also post in locked threads. Those were some fun times...

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 02:10:00 AM »
If you knew how to exploit the system, you could post as others (!), use HTML when it was banned, post in new secret forums, and edit other people's posts.

In fact, one of the steps of initiation into the SotFSK was to edit yourself into the first post.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 03:44:46 AM »
If you knew how to exploit the system, you could do a lot of weird things also, like post from other forums utilizing the same system.
Or like how CashCrazed was able to alter the backgrounds and put in music back on the older incarnation of the FF?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 07:05:31 PM »
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »
Heh.  I didn't think this would be brought up again.  Strangely, I think I used my "powers" more then than I do now that I legitimately have them.  I still find it interesting that most of the SotFSKs went on to become mods.  Four of us even met each other at E3.  Good times.  I think I have the thread (oh, it's still here) and the secret forums/threads saved somewhere.  I still feel a little bad about letting out too much info on one of the secrets.  At least it, in part, lead to LD's classic "stupid fatty" signature. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 12:25:17 AM »
I wish I had been around back in that day. Can't we set up the old forum system again? ;)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print