Print

Author Topic: What's your favorite part of TMK?  (Read 6555 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: September 17, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
My favorite has always been the Super Mario Bros. Complete Guide:  http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb_breakdown.shtml 

I'm not counting Fungi Forums though. 

What's your favorite part of TMK? 

What part of TMK do you think needs the most work/updating? 

If you were sole proprietor of TMK what would you require never be changed and what would you require be changed immediantly and how? 

This post is not Deezer approved.  I didn't need approval to sleep with Lizard Dude and Chupperson did not need approval to video a possessed Watoad, but I'm sure we all think TMK for the trip to E3.  Thanks Deezer. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »
I like everything with before-and-after screenshots: the Japanese-to-English articles, specials on games that underwent transitions from non-Mario to Mario, and the details on remakes.

I wish the sound clip archive were more complete. Because of reasons.

If I were suddenly the sole proprietor of TMK, the first thing I would change would be my legal name. Then I'd flee the country. I cannot handle responsibility like that!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:58:57 PM »
Reference, Mario Mania, and Specials are the first things I really got into. The "Lost Bytes" section has always been especially interesting. Admittedly, I mainly stick to Fungi Forums these days, but you can bet I've read every word of those articles and apocrypha.

I sometimes question the necessity of the Mariopedia in the age of Wikis. Its character/enemy/item listings are rather incomplete for games after about 2007.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
Mario in Japan. Which is why I've been helping/nagging Deezer to add more to it. >:D

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »
I have always liked the bio pages for the games the most; they were very informative for me when I was younger.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 01:46:37 AM »
My favorite part of TMK is the secret page.

My least favorite part of TMK is the staff page.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 06:32:42 AM »
My favorite part of TMK is the secret page.
I don't really like you fod doing that. [/condescendingfamiliarfeminine computervoice]

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »
My favorite part would be the secret page if it had been updated recently.

My second-favorite part would be the mailbag if it had been updated recently.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »
The maps section. :B

Probably the forums, with the Mariopedia coming a close second. I like talking about things and.. looking them up.. XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 02:54:50 AM »
I like most of the site, so it's hard to point out a favorite. I feel if TMK was update as often as other sites it would beat them because of how well-written the pages are.

Speaking of sound clips; I wonder what happened to the ones I sent Deezer a year ago. I still have them sitting on my desktop because I didn't want to get rid of them until they were uploaded onto the site.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
Speaking of sound clips; I wonder what happened to the ones I sent Deezer a year ago. I still have them sitting on my desktop because I didn't want to get rid of them until they were uploaded onto the site.
I'll try to add them soon! I have them backed up, so you can go ahead and delete them.

Print