Print

Author Topic: Worst ways to die in a video game.  (Read 50595 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 05:21:57 PM »
No, because you don't die in sports games. Hopefully.

Some of my least-favorite deaths:

1. In RE4, during the first onslaught of villagers, you can go into the shotgun house and the chainsaw dude appears. I was perfectly lined up to deliver a fistful of shotgun shell right into his head, but I forgot to reload earlier, so instead of shooting, I sat there stupidly, sticking the shells into the shotgun until I was decapitated by the chainsaw.

2. Also in RE4, the knife fight with Krauser. I don't know how, but that part was both really cool and stupidly hard. It's annoying, getting killed five or six times in a row because you hit the wrong buttons.

3. During a multiplayer match in Halo 2, I was celebrating a victory over a player by repeatedly melee-ing and grenade-ing his corpse. A while later, he came up to me, newly respawned, and instantly pwned me by hitting me with a jumping melee attack to the back.

4. In lots of games, where getting hit stuns you for a few seconds, you can get hit, then while you're recovering, get hit again, then again and again until you die. Cheap in the extreme.
every

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 05:47:30 PM »
Leaving a weak, useless unit at the beginning of the map where you think they'll be safe only to see them die quickly at the hands of the enemy units reinforcements that arrive in the middle of the level right where they are (applies to tactics-based games).
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 07:44:40 PM »
No, because you don't die in sports games. Hopefully.
If you neglect the usage of the wrist strap, more than your player could die...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 07:52:41 PM »
More like your window would suffer. Or just a passing friend. Or even worse, your TV. 
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »
TVs sure are more valuable than people!
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
One of two of the worst ways to die in RE4 in my opinion was when the Garradors would skewer your character's head, lift him up, and then skewer his stomach. The second way was when the Novistador would spew acid on your head and your character dies with all the skin rotted away.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »
Hey Eclipsed Moon, is The Fun Game 7 done yet? I liked 6 a lot :)

Still not done :(

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »
Getting killed by Ocelot in the first Metal Gear Solid. Never happened.......that I can recall...........okay, so I was killed once.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2007, 09:50:50 AM »
The drown glitch for SMB.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:49:46 AM by Chupperson Weird »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2007, 09:55:30 AM »
I believe there was another insta-death in E.V.O.

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »
That...is...so true Kibyman. Love the banner.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »
I find it ironic that that former banner said "Dont".
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:51:28 AM by donotcare95 »

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2007, 10:23:58 AM »
I thought you couldn't have banners here.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007, 10:28:53 AM »
He didn't use it as a sig, he made it an attachment.
Oh well, it'll get removed soon anyway.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2007, 07:22:14 PM »
Burnout Revenge is pretty much my favorite racing game, like, ever. However, it's annoying to get taken down, then respawn in the path of an oncoming semi, then respawning again into oncoming traffic, which causes you to swerve to avoid it, which makes you crash into a pillar. And then you respawn in last place, backwards.
every

Print