Print

Author Topic: Worst ways to die in a video game.  (Read 50525 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
*drops a giant Mario & Luigi cartridge on Glorb*

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »
Agh! Too many free games! However, I do have to agree, FFTA and M&L are great games. In fact, I consider FFT the best FF game (or, at least, the only one I like).
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 09:07:13 PM »
Actually, you only got two free games, because FFTA was zapped into Tactics Ogre, which I consider to be a much better turn-based strategy game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2007, 10:20:28 PM »
Mega Man Battle Network games are not Mega Man games.
That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 10:25:53 PM »
I would say that Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is the best Game Boy Advance game out there. Argue if you must, but my opinion stands.

Mega Man Battle Network is indeed not a true Mega Man series. However, that doesn't prevent MMBN2 and 3 from being any good. I liked those games, for what it's worth. I didn't like 4, for some reason.

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2007, 04:49:14 AM »
Mega Man Battle Network games are not Mega Man games.
Haha.  I admire your dedication.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »
I don't exactly like any of the MMBN games except for 3, and that's only because of the multiplayer stuff. It's not like I'd shell out $30 to buy a Battle Network game new.

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 02:15:45 AM »
I would say that Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is the best Game Boy Advance game out there. Argue if you must, but my opinion stands.

This made me think hard about what the best GBA game really is. I came to some sort of tie between Metroid: Zero Mission and WarioWare Inc Mega Microgame$ and Advance Wars.

Honorable shout-out to Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

I haven't played Drill Dozer.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 05:43:20 PM »
Gunstar Super Heroes, MaL:SS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Mario Kart: SC, and others.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »
This made me think hard about what the best GBA game really is. I came to some sort of tie between Metroid: Zero Mission and WarioWare Inc Mega Microgame$ and Advance Wars.

Honorable shout-out to Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

For argument's sake: I wasn't a big fan of Metroid: Zero Mission. It was my first Metroid game and I found it too hard and confusing (it was a long time ago), so I used a walkthrough. I don't seem to remember liking games on which I used walkthroughs (this includes Mega Man Battle Network 4). I was a bad gamer :/

Never played WarioWare Inc

Advance Wars (along with Fire Emblem and M: ZM) falls under the category of "Game I liked until it got too hard." I couldn't beat that level where the green team is introduced (the airplane-heavy guy) and didn't pick it up since. I tend to be bad at strategy games, with the exception of FFTA. I suppose, since again, it has been quite a while, if I gave Advance Wars another run I could probably get further.

I did like Astro Boy though. Maybe if it wasn't so short I would have kept it.

So in closing: FFTA is definitely top of my list, I had a lot of fun with it and should probably start playing it again soon. I really liked the job system, although I didn't figure out how to use it until a good ways into the game, so I could have had my four deadly ninjas much earlier on.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 06:14:47 PM »
You must play that, if you can find it in stores.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 06:29:37 PM »
I will sometime, don't worry. :)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
MZM pwnz0rz. Drill Dozer pwnz0rz. Astro Boy: Omega Factor pwnz0rz. And SushieBoy, since you said Gunstar Super Heroes, you get endless pie, because it pwnz0rz more than the others combined. And I stopped liking FFTA as soon as I remembered it was a ROM and I had an actual copy of Tactics Ogre.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 12:33:45 AM »
That isn't a reason.
That was a joke.

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 01:48:31 AM »
Of course I thought of Gunstar Super Heroes when I was thinking, but didn't include it because I already put Astro Boy: Omega Factor, which is unique to the GBA and significantly different than Gunstar Heroes on Genesis. Plus I like AB:OF better.

Print