Print

Author Topic: Wii is such a nice change....  (Read 14795 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »
I'd like to have a name change.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 07:39:18 PM »
Re: Poop Dude -> Jake, come on! A bold daring memorable name like Poop Dude changing to the stunning... Jake? Even Lonic was 17x better than "Jake". Who gave you username lessons? David Dayton?

Not everyone loves poop jokes and bad Sonic fanfiction.
Professional Paisano here

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 08:28:54 AM »
I like both, preferably at the same time...

Sonic returned to his home in Green Hill, where he saw Amy. "Hi," said Amy, "I didn't know you were back, Sonic." Sonic gave her a confuzzled look. "What do you mean?" Suddenly, the door opened, and a large piece of poop came in, wearing Sonic's bathrobe. Sonic swore revenge.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »
Sonic's Bad Quill Day?

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »
That's the greatest fanfic I've read since Scrooge McDuck went to Tatooine.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2007, 06:21:02 PM »
Why, thank you. Just wait until Sonic's Bad Quill Day 2: Assault on Planet Poopia.
every

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 10:24:03 PM »
Sheer brilliance, I must say.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 07:37:36 PM »
Lol, I had a good idea for like a game that's mature (rated M)  a game called Mario Bros. R! You'd like have a chainsaw and stuff, and yeah don't want to get into details because you know, this is a kids site. ^^;

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 07:57:53 PM »
Erm, not... there IS an age limit, I'm sure 13-year-olds can handle the images of a chainsaw-slashed-up Koopa.
!! When Mario Kart 64 was in production and called Super Mario Kart R, maybe one aspect was running people over for power-ups!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 11:14:23 PM »
His profile says he's under the age limit, BP.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 08:38:39 AM »
Erm, not...

??? Did you mean to say "Erm, no?"
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 02:48:13 PM »
Lol, I had a good idea for like a game that's mature (rated M)  a game called Mario Bros. R! You'd like have a chainsaw and stuff, and yeah don't want to get into details because you know, this is a kids site. ^^;

That's not a good idea for a mature Mario game. Mature does not = full of gore and junk. If I were making an M-rated Mario game, I'd put in some extreme moral conflict and political satire among other things of that ilk.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 04:21:38 PM »
That would be interesting. Perhaps a game where a communist revolution overthrows the Mushroom Kingdom and Mario must sto(m)p the leaders of it?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »
Maybe Mario got kidnapped by the revolutionaries, brought to their secret brainwashing chambers, and turned into a Communist? Then Luigi would have to rescue him again.

Actually, it might not be too hard, suitwise. Mario already wears some red, and wields a hammer sometimes. They'd just have to get his old overalls and a sickle, and make him the second-to-last boss. Maybe Bowser could be an ally, because his army converted to the enemy cause?

Of course, since this is Nintendo we're talking about, they would never do something like this.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »
Yeah, I know. I was thinking that the Koopa Kingdom was a communist country, and Bowser was their savior. Someone posted a fanart piece here depicting something like that. The Mushroom Kingdom would be a republic, governed by the Prime Minister with the Princess as a figurehead.

I was also thinking that making a Mario game with dark overtones isn't really that hard. The Mushroom World is a pretty dangerous place. Look at Paper Mario 2 for a minute. Then compare the bright cartoony-ness of most of today's Mario games with the Mario games of the 80's. Those were pretty stark and ambiguous, even with the clear blue sky in the background.

This is why I dislike it when people badmouth the Mario movie fr not following the games in that manner. Heck, all they had to do was make Koopa a turtle instead of a T-rex, give the Goombas turtle heads and call them Koopa Troopas, and replace most of the dinosaur references with mushroom references and it would've been perfect in my eyes.

Print