Print

Author Topic: What makes you say "What the dukar?"  (Read 13781 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 12:28:15 PM »
Someone bumping a thread to post old information.  I'm looking at you, Luigison.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 11:16:38 PM »
You must have one shiny monitor!

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 02:35:08 PM »
Please, while you still can, change the spelling to "dooker."  It is the only way.

EDIT:  I particularly enjoyed Chupperson, Popeye, and Charlie Brown.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:38:07 PM by DeadAwake »
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
Since we all wrote a lot on our league message board, we had to put "dukar" down in print. The good spellers among us all assumed it to be spelled "dooker." My spelling challenged friend (debate partner from above), however, started spelling it "dukar." He was one of the lead proponents of dukar and convinced one of the other debaters (from above) to also spell it that way. They said it was the Old English spelling; that's why it didn't look like "dooker." With two Dukar Founders advocating the "dukar" proposal, it quickly became the standard in dukar lithography.
It can't be changed.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »
LD's talking like dukar is some super-rad thing that's sweeping the nation. I have a sister who used to do that after she said the word "strog-noff" as a mispronunciation of "stroginov". She thought it was funny, and started talking about proper usage of it, the history, and so ona and so forth. She also acted like it was some hilarious in-joke that everyone was in on. Eventually I was just like, "Seriously. It's not funny anymore, and it wasn't even in the first place." Obviously, this doesn't seem to be the case with dukar, but it reminded me.

By the way, I remember when I just assumed dukar was some Homestar Runner reference, since everything was back then.
every

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 07:58:43 PM »
I am currently saying "WTD?" to all the programs that advertise "free ISO creator" and then force you to pay to actually be able to create an ISO. Why must people be so money-focused?????
Don't even mention Wario.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 10:18:48 PM »
By the way, I remember when I just assumed dukar was some Homestar Runner reference, since everything was back then.
I'll kill you.

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 07:05:52 AM »
Er... Homestar Runner is a reference to Dukar? Oh wait, no... you created it. I see now. Okay, that's enough TMK history for me. My brain hurts.
Wheee...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 09:01:40 AM »
Well, when I first joined, I noticed two things: 1), that everyone said "dukar", and that everyone made HR references. So I thought, "Eh, maybe I just haven't seen that HR cartoon yet."
every

Boo_penguin

• Mushroom_Boy's best pal
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 05:09:32 PM »
Everytime I see a duck I say "what the dukar?", 'cause ducks are weird animals. Why they exist?
Before I go to bed I always scream "Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now and some girl appears and say  "Come on baby do the loco-motion".

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 05:29:29 PM »
Ducks exist to say "WTD?" at, of course!
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »
The word Dukar makes me say "What the dukar".
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 06:03:34 PM »
Everytime I see a duck I say "what the dukar?", 'cause ducks are weird animals. Why they exist?

To combat the chickens. They can't win, though. >:D

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 06:29:50 PM »
Boo_penguin makes me say, "What the dukar?" XD
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 08:06:23 PM »
Boo_penguin makes me say, "That's comic gold."
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print