Poll

What is your favorite playable character in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

Dr. Mario
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Falco
Fox
Ness
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Samus Aran
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Young Link
Pichu
Pikachu
Jiggly-Puff
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Roy
Print

Author Topic: Favorite Super Smash Bros. Melee Character  (Read 22264 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: June 18, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »
I just wanted to know which character most people liked in super smash bros. melee?

When you respon to this thread please tell what is your favorite character is and why. Please

Choose your favorite.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:10:12 PM »
Samus. Her far-range attacks are awesome.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »
Though there've been several topics like this made (I guess what I posted in your "favorite Mario character" thread did not penetrate?), my favorites have changed. Mario is no longer the character I always use. Now, Yoshi is. Ness is "second-in-command."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »
I like using Pikachu, Link, Ganondorf, Mario, and Luigi.  But I'd say my best character is Ganondorf.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 08:34:58 PM »
I use Kirby and Mario whenever possible.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »
Luigi! Words can not describe how awesome he is!
Okay. Fine. His attacks look cool and he's quite the jumper. He also provides great screenshot material.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 08:55:31 PM »
Yoshi, followed by Kirby, Peach, Ice Climbers, and Jigglypuff (not in any order).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 09:00:05 PM »
He also provides great screenshot material.
What's good screen shot material is Dr. Mario in black jumping off of the Monotoli building in Fourside. Emo! I've also got Pikachu hailing a cab in Onett... no video capture card, unfortunately.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 09:09:51 PM »
Speaking of Luigi screenshots, I actually have a one saved on my screen shot memory card with Luigi riding Bowser in Icicle Mountain.  It's inspired from from a chapter of N64 Chick's MGWV.  Except Luigi's throwing a fireball, instead of Bowser using his flame.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »
Holy crap. Why didn't I think of that?! I've had Luigi and the pink yoshi doing stuff in the Yoshi's Island stage. Had to use pink for Pinky because there wasn't a purple yoshi for Purpley. What's next? Mario going crazy in Great Bay? Heheh. Good old "Pizza Problems" chapter.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »
Yoshi.
As once, as always.

For being as heavy as he is, he's got quite a bit of speed, his smashes are all so useful and... "smash"-ey, his special moves provide a lot of tactical opportunities (even, on rare occasions, the egg-roll move), his second jump (complete with smash-resistance) makes up for his lack of a third jump (in my opinion), he's got a non-standard shield (which I just think is cool, as he's the only one), and... he's so cute!

Mmyup.  Yoshi, all the way.
Go Moon!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 09:42:59 PM »
Holy crap. Why didn't I think of that?! I've had Luigi and the pink yoshi doing stuff in the Yoshi's Island stage. Had to use pink for Pinky because there wasn't a purple yoshi for Purpley. What's next? Mario going crazy in Great Bay? Heheh. Good old "Pizza Problems" chapter.
I still laugh at the Power Drinkers.  BTW, there should be purple Yoshis in Brawl.  I mean, I'm pretty sure the reason there weren't any in Melee was because it came out before SMSu.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 09:49:08 PM »
Mmmm. Orange. My favorite color. But, you can't go wrong with green.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 10:45:29 PM »
I've mainly used Yoshi, but sometimes I switch it up and use Young Link.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 01:19:41 AM »
I'm somewhat surprised so many people favor Luigi. I thought it was just a quirk of my own. I like Luigi's fighting style, and how he's much lighter than Mario.

I also like Mewtwo, just for the telekinesis (HMMMMM).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 06:20:05 AM »
Either Dr. Mario or Ice Climbers.

Kirby and Game and Watch are cool and all,  but they're hard for me to win with.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »
Mr. Game & Watch and Kirby have the same problem. They're light, so staying far away from the action would be a good idea, but they also have short range so being in the fray is necessary. Kirby can fix this by sucking up someone whose B move is a powerful projectile... Mr. Game & Watch is still awesome; the Chef, Parachute and Vermin-based attacks made me smile... He needs to be improved for Brawl, though.
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 05:43:08 PM »
Actually, I heard that Mr. G&W won't even be in Brawl. Probably just a rumor though.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
Solid Snake, suckaaaz! Why isn't he on the list?
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 06:30:02 PM »
Mr. Game & Watch and Kirby have the same problem. They're light, so staying far away from the action would be a good idea, but they also have short range so being in the fray is necessary. Kirby can fix this by sucking up someone whose B move is a powerful projectile... Mr. Game & Watch is still awesome; the Chef, Parachute and Vermin-based attacks made me smile... He needs to be improved for Brawl, though.

They should give him eyes and teeth like the other guys in Flat Zone, for more character.

Actually, I heard that Mr. G&W won't even be in Brawl. Probably just a rumor though.

It was, and it was debunked.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »
Believe NOTHING you've "heard." I seriously think the only one who needs to be dropped is Dr. Mario, who should just be an alternate costume for Mario. Even Pichu, I've realized, needs to stay--he's a terrible character on purpose. Beat someone good with him, and they'll be really embarrassed.

Read the topic title.

They should give him eyes and teeth like the other guys in Flat Zone, for more character.
Well, there were a lot of Game & Watches in which he looked different (in Vermin he even had hair, didn't he?). I think the plain one does him justice best.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
I have to say Pikachu. Pikachu on the original's box is what got me into the Smash Bros series in the first place. Plus, Pikachu's lightning attacks kick soooooo much butt, it ain't funny.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »

I know SolidShroom and I are excited about this. I can't wait.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 08:20:07 PM »
Yeah, I was sorta skeptical about that. He usually knows what he's talking about, but apparently not this time. Incidentally, he uses Dr. Mario in his black outfit.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »
Pikachu and the Marios are my best characters on the original Smash Bros.  Oh, yeah, and like GG, Pikachu was the one that got me into Smash Bros.  I first played the game at a cousin's house, and it has been one of my favorites since.   I like using Link, but he's not what I'd consider my best.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »
My favorite would have to be Luigi, he's a semi-clone with a few diffrerent moves like his karate chop, and I just own with him so much, but a runner up would be Mewtwo, I love to use confusion on oponents and then blast them with a smash attack or his dark ball. This maybe offtopic, but I would like more team colors for Brawl, like yellow, black, and white. Or amybe the default color, but have something on the character for diffrent teams. Oh, and have a mode with more than four fighters, let's say, eight total? Or maybe ten! For all these crazy battles, but the game could suffer from slowdown. I also want combined and customizable special melee modes, like let's say one players is giant and invisible, another is metal and tiny, the third is just normal and so on.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »
Speaking of metal, one thing that's always annoyed me in Melee was the lack of a metal mode. I mean, seriously. There's a mode for just about everything else but metal. I want my Metal Luigi VS Metal Dr. Mario!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 08:04:01 AM »
Well, there were a lot of Game & Watches in which he looked different (in Vermin he even had hair, didn't he?). I think the plain one does him justice best.

Actually, those aren't him. Each Game & Watch game has it's own unique character, sometimes even a Nintendo favorite like Mario. Mr.GW is meant to be an amalgamation of all those characters, so he technically didn't exist at all until Melee. His simplistic design is actually mostly based on the people who jump out of the building in Fire. I think they should give him a face to make him look even more ambiguous.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 10:19:59 AM »
He does have a face sometimes, when throwing an item up, I think.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »
Just a mouth, which, of course, opens sometimes when viewed from the side. At any rate, the concept of Mr. Game & Watch in Melee was awesome. But he's not that tough.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 03:18:21 PM »
They could toughen him up with the new physics and everything.

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 06:57:49 PM »
Falco is scientifically approved awesome.

My second favorite is Mario and his balance which completely annoys my opponents.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 08:58:09 AM »
GO FALCO

Sqrt2

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 04:04:15 PM »
I like to use DK as he's powerful, but isn't as slow as Bowser or Ganondorf.
AA fanboy and proud!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 01:18:58 PM »
Speaking of Luigi screenshots, I actually have a one saved on my screen shot memory card with Luigi riding Bowser in Icicle Mountain.  It's inspired from from a chapter of N64 Chick's MGWV.  Except Luigi's throwing a fireball, instead of Bowser using his flame.
Here it is.

EDIT 3:  YES!  If you want to put the pic on your site, N64 Chick, you're allowed.  Sorry for the image quality.  It was taken with my new camera phone.  I don't have a capture device for my TV yet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:24:36 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 01:29:30 PM »
That was taken by a phone?! Wow, my camera isn't much better...
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
Neat. I'll definitely do that. And speaking of MGWV, Mac and I were talking about how I might be able to revive it.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »
Yes!  You left us on a HUGE cliffhanger.  I'll post more of my pics somewhere around here.  Oh, the secret is that I took these pics at night so that there would be little to no light reflecting off the TV screen
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »
Yeah. I didn't mean to do that. I guess that's just the sort of thing that happens when one runs out of ideas and motivation. But hey, maybe the camping trip that Mac and I will be going on in a week will spark some ideas. After all, a good number of things in MGWV are based on true stories. All those times Waluigi barfed? Every single one of them is true.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »
Oh, dear.  I got Spongebob's CampfireSong Song stuck in my head.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 08:19:32 PM »
My favorite is Mario.

He's the only character I like to WaveDash with, and I guess I'm all around good with him. I like being balanced I guess.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »
Oh, dear.  I got Spongebob's CampfireSong Song stuck in my head.

The C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 01:41:42 PM »
Right... uh, no. Don't do that again. For your sake.
It's YOUR problem!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 05:45:03 PM »
JIGGLYPUFF 4EVER!!!!!shift+1!!!!111!!!

No seriously.  I looove Jigglypuff for the sole purpose of proving everyone wrong that thinks Jigglypuff is the worst character.  Nintendo had better leave him in Brawl.  My nickname when using him is ICBD (Incredibly Cute, But Deadly.)

Just so you know, I do have reasons beyond proving people wrong.  He's a good power hitter (at least I thinks so), he has an almost one hit kill move, and everyone hates him.  What is more sweet than pwning your friends with characters that they loathe?  Anyway, I'll probably never hear the end of it from any Jigglypuff haters on this thread (and it's Jigglypuff, with no hypenation.)
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »
I'm a Captain Falcon fan, and the only one here apparently. I love the speed and I love Falcon Kick, ground and air versions.

I once got to the 1v1 final of a tourney being only Falcon and switched to Ness for the last fight and got utterly spanked. I am soooooooo stupid. :(

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »
I kick a bit with Captain Falcon, but my main man is Fox. Yo. Link is also good. And Mario.
That was a joke.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2007, 12:51:52 AM »
Mario's my number one, but Yoshi's become a close second. Followed by Dr. Mario, naturally.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2007, 07:22:15 AM »
Mario and Link are my best. With Mario, his moves are simple and easy to pull off (some characters have moves that miss a lot or are just too slow) and with Link, I feel protected by a long-range, powerful weapon (sword).

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2007, 09:18:49 AM »
Wow Bird Person. Ness is my "second in command" and Yoshi is my best as well! My third, fourth, fifth, and sixth in command are as follows:

Third: Gannondorf
Fourth: Marth
Fifth: Luigi
Sixth: Ice Climbers (Desynch FTW!!)

I voted for Yoshi.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2007, 11:18:22 PM »
Crazy enough to say, but my favorite character in Super Smash Bros. Melee is none other than the lovable Princess Peach.

I don't know why, but i dig her awesome dress.
I don't know if it's me, but i completely love both Mario and Peach to death. I guess i'm obsessed about both of them, huh?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »
Also, she rocks face.
(I actually heard that expression used by someone once.)
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2007, 07:27:03 PM »
I'm somewhat surprised so many people favor Luigi. I thought it was just a quirk of my own. I like Luigi's fighting style, and how he's much lighter than Mario.
It's all coming clearer now. Now I'm starting to see why people favor Luigi so much. They think it's different. Everyone wants to be different. But it's ridicules. If I had a nickel for the number of times I've seen someone say that Luigi could "PWN!" Mario or something like that, then I'd have like, 2$ (I'm talking about the Nsider forums mostly). Anyway, the point is, Luigi is overrated.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2007, 07:43:34 PM »
Everyone wants to be different. But it's ridicules.

So it's ridiculous that someone wants to be different?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2007, 07:45:37 PM »
I mean the situation is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 02:32:49 PM by Shyguy92 »

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 09:04:50 PM »
If you want to be different, be someone that most (99%) of the people hate, like Jigglypuff!
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2007, 12:48:38 PM »
I like Ness, simply because he's really the only one who I'm any good as. And I'm not even that great as him. His PK Thunder and PSI Magnet are real winners, especially against Samus n00bs who don't realize that they're refilling my health every time they blast me with Charge Beam.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2007, 11:22:55 AM »
Yeah, Ness is really good. With the right advanced techniques, I make him one of the fastest characters. I also like his extremely powerful back throw.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »
Mine's Yoshi, with Kirby, Luigi, and Mario close behind.

Except I suck at Melee, so none of my opinions matter.
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
I like Link, because of his awesome down smash. I also like Marth and Roy.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 02:29:23 PM »
I like Pichu
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2007, 07:25:50 PM »
I like Pichu

I like Pichu, too.

He's much more tender than Pikachu, but not nearly as filling.
Go Moon!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2007, 08:08:03 PM »
Are you sure? I find Pichu to be a bit stringy.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »
I use Pichu after Yoshi and Ness.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »
I just wanted to know which character most people liked in super smash bros. melee?

When you respon to this thread please tell what is your favorite character is and why. Please

Choose your favorite.

my favorite[in order] is...
Pikachu
Kirby
Mario
Marth

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
For me?
Kirby<3
Mario
Pikachu
Pichu(peh...)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2007, 02:34:54 PM »
Mario! I find that I tend to pwn as him.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
For me?
Kirby<3
Mario
Pikachu
Pichu(peh...)
Wait, your screenname is pichu25, but Pichu is lowest on your list? That doesn't seem to make sense.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2007, 10:17:59 AM »
I've found recently that I am very successful with Falco.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2007, 06:15:56 PM »
Falco is indeed awesome in Melee, even if he is just N64 Fox in disguise.

Though ever since I bought a new Melee disc last month, I've gotten used to making Marth my #1 man. I can see why lots of people use him. Fast, and agile, and quite powerful too if you get the timing right.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
Mine is oddly enough Dr. Mario. Although he's a clone of Mario, and missing the wall kick, I like his pill attack along with his lightning Smash Attack (as opposed to fire). I always put him in his black outfit. Makes him look powerful, like "Hey, you, I ain't messin' around".
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2007, 04:29:58 PM »
I like to do that Gannondorf move where his legs go completely vertical. It's good for a few laughs.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2007, 08:11:53 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:20:58 PM by Yoshikév »

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2007, 10:33:55 PM »
You know, I find it somewhat surprising that Zelda and Sheik don't even have even one vote in this poll.

Many of my friends use her as their player of choice and use her well at that (I've had my rear handed to back to me countless times by skilled Zelda/Sheik players) I figured it'd be a fairly popular character.  Guess not. *shrug*

With that said, though, I'd have to say my player of choice would have to be Samus.  I'm more of a "keep your distance and shoot from afar" kind of player.  I'm also very fond of playing as Ness and Kirby from time to time.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2007, 10:08:28 PM »
A lot of people I know use Zelda/Sheik too.  They say they're the ultimate combination of speed and power.  I also thought they'd be popular.  But I guess the good TMK people don't like 'em.

I use Fox.  I prefer speed over power any day.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2007, 04:58:00 AM »
I can't really see the attraction in Sheik (sure, she's okay, but just doesn't seem powerful enough) and I just plain don't like Zelda (she annoys me as both playable and non-playable).

I predominantly like characters with good aerial attacks (Luigi and Falco), great Smash attacks (Luigi, Falco, Roy, Falcon) and some that are just plain cool (Luigi, Falco, Jigglypuff).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2007, 06:07:06 AM »
I think I am starting to use Falco. His speed is about Mario's (I think) and he doesn't stink at stopping. His jump is good, and most of his attacks allow him to use his tail to cut people.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2007, 02:36:44 AM »
Falco.

Favorite Star Fox member, looks awesome in Melee (his best appearance to date, Star Fox characters just went to heck after Star Fox Adventures), he's faster than Fox, and he shares Fox's martial-arts-like kicking style. Or at least that's how I always use him, roundhouse-kicking other players to oblivion.

Before Falco, it was Marth and Roy, again for their nimbleness. And before those two, it was Sheik. Link just seems slow by comparison.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2007, 07:43:30 AM »
he's faster than Fox
Since when? He's slower than Fox, just more powerful.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2007, 08:34:42 PM »
Ice Climbers are my main. They're cute and underestimated, so I love beating the stuffing out of the Star Foxians. Also, it enables me to use a wonderful catchphrase of "I just climbed some serious ice!"
No! I don't want that!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »
Mario! He's got the best meteor attack, fast, high damaging attacks, and my favorite video game character EVER. If theres a game with Mario as a playable character, I'm gonna choose him. Even though on Melee he's easy to knock off the side. Besides, Mario is short, fat, Italian, and who wouldn't hug him when you had the chance. Same thing with Danny Devito. 
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »
Mario because he's my favorite nintendo character of all.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2007, 08:52:13 PM »
I just started using Fox. I can POWNE T3H N0OBZ with my super-fast ninja skillz.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »
:\ Haven't played in a looooooong time, so I'll have to get back to ya, k? -Pichu25 + friendship = ????????????????? <--u-name

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »
So Shyguy92 has become a Fox drone. So original.

I hope there are less Fox and Marth drones for Brawl. The biggest problem I have with the tier list is that it's so freakin' predictable (aside from Mewtwo towards the bottom). The fierce-faced animals with laser guns at the top, the slick swordsman and mysterious warrior following... They're the "cool" ones, but that's exactly why they really aren't so cool. I don't know many Sheik drones, but there are so many Fox and Marth users it just makes me grumble. There's just no uniqueness in it.

Though I'd be no happier if everyone used Ness and Yoshi... there needs to be diversity, is all. No one I know uses Luigi, Captain Falcon or Peach--a couple of users of everyone would be nice as opposed to one Ness, one user of Ice Climbers, one Dr. Mario, one Ganondorf, one Samus, one Roy, five Foxes and five Marths. It just ruins the experience.

Aaaand this poll fails for not allowing vote changes.
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2007, 07:03:26 PM »
Lately I've been using Young Link and Ness interchangeably. I'd also like to get better as Samus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2007, 10:03:53 PM »
People use Fox for a reason. He is the best. And the most fun to play with. Peach is also fun but I'm rusty with her.
That was a joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »
He is the best. And the most fun to play with.
In your opinion, of course.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:56:16 PM by BriGuy92 »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »
Yes, that is obvious and therefore not necessary for me to state.
That was a joke.

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2007, 12:04:04 PM »
Where's the "I like multiple characters" option?

Even though my "serious business" characters are Marth, Captain Falcon/Ganondorf, and Mario, I really will use just about anybody. Except Ness. Or the Ice Climbers.

I'm not very good with them. < <;

-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

Print