Poll

What is your favorite playable character in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

Dr. Mario
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Falco
Fox
Ness
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Samus Aran
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Young Link
Pichu
Pikachu
Jiggly-Puff
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Roy
Print

Author Topic: Favorite Super Smash Bros. Melee Character  (Read 22248 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 06:20:05 AM »
Either Dr. Mario or Ice Climbers.

Kirby and Game and Watch are cool and all,  but they're hard for me to win with.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »
Mr. Game & Watch and Kirby have the same problem. They're light, so staying far away from the action would be a good idea, but they also have short range so being in the fray is necessary. Kirby can fix this by sucking up someone whose B move is a powerful projectile... Mr. Game & Watch is still awesome; the Chef, Parachute and Vermin-based attacks made me smile... He needs to be improved for Brawl, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 05:43:08 PM »
Actually, I heard that Mr. G&W won't even be in Brawl. Probably just a rumor though.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
Solid Snake, suckaaaz! Why isn't he on the list?
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 06:30:02 PM »
Mr. Game & Watch and Kirby have the same problem. They're light, so staying far away from the action would be a good idea, but they also have short range so being in the fray is necessary. Kirby can fix this by sucking up someone whose B move is a powerful projectile... Mr. Game & Watch is still awesome; the Chef, Parachute and Vermin-based attacks made me smile... He needs to be improved for Brawl, though.

They should give him eyes and teeth like the other guys in Flat Zone, for more character.

Actually, I heard that Mr. G&W won't even be in Brawl. Probably just a rumor though.

It was, and it was debunked.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »
Believe NOTHING you've "heard." I seriously think the only one who needs to be dropped is Dr. Mario, who should just be an alternate costume for Mario. Even Pichu, I've realized, needs to stay--he's a terrible character on purpose. Beat someone good with him, and they'll be really embarrassed.

Read the topic title.

They should give him eyes and teeth like the other guys in Flat Zone, for more character.
Well, there were a lot of Game & Watches in which he looked different (in Vermin he even had hair, didn't he?). I think the plain one does him justice best.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
I have to say Pikachu. Pikachu on the original's box is what got me into the Smash Bros series in the first place. Plus, Pikachu's lightning attacks kick soooooo much butt, it ain't funny.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »

I know SolidShroom and I are excited about this. I can't wait.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 08:20:07 PM »
Yeah, I was sorta skeptical about that. He usually knows what he's talking about, but apparently not this time. Incidentally, he uses Dr. Mario in his black outfit.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »
Pikachu and the Marios are my best characters on the original Smash Bros.  Oh, yeah, and like GG, Pikachu was the one that got me into Smash Bros.  I first played the game at a cousin's house, and it has been one of my favorites since.   I like using Link, but he's not what I'd consider my best.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »
My favorite would have to be Luigi, he's a semi-clone with a few diffrerent moves like his karate chop, and I just own with him so much, but a runner up would be Mewtwo, I love to use confusion on oponents and then blast them with a smash attack or his dark ball. This maybe offtopic, but I would like more team colors for Brawl, like yellow, black, and white. Or amybe the default color, but have something on the character for diffrent teams. Oh, and have a mode with more than four fighters, let's say, eight total? Or maybe ten! For all these crazy battles, but the game could suffer from slowdown. I also want combined and customizable special melee modes, like let's say one players is giant and invisible, another is metal and tiny, the third is just normal and so on.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »
Speaking of metal, one thing that's always annoyed me in Melee was the lack of a metal mode. I mean, seriously. There's a mode for just about everything else but metal. I want my Metal Luigi VS Metal Dr. Mario!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 08:04:01 AM »
Well, there were a lot of Game & Watches in which he looked different (in Vermin he even had hair, didn't he?). I think the plain one does him justice best.

Actually, those aren't him. Each Game & Watch game has it's own unique character, sometimes even a Nintendo favorite like Mario. Mr.GW is meant to be an amalgamation of all those characters, so he technically didn't exist at all until Melee. His simplistic design is actually mostly based on the people who jump out of the building in Fire. I think they should give him a face to make him look even more ambiguous.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 10:19:59 AM »
He does have a face sometimes, when throwing an item up, I think.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »
Just a mouth, which, of course, opens sometimes when viewed from the side. At any rate, the concept of Mr. Game & Watch in Melee was awesome. But he's not that tough.
It's YOUR problem!

Print