Print

Author Topic: Zapper is EEEEVIL!!!  (Read 10272 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: September 13, 2007, 04:54:58 PM »
It had to happen. The Wii Zapper isn't even on shelves, and already the watchdogs are foaming at the mouth. A few comments (from the NJ Star Ledger):

“Great, this is what we need. Children with guns learning how to aim and shoot. Then we can sit back and wonder what is happening to our country with kids killing kids……what’s next? Could we make it squirt blood, too” - random commenter

“….Why don’t they enclose an application to the NRA in every box as well….the marketing person who came up with this brain child of an idea should be fired.” - very concerned grandparent

Links:
http://blog.nj.com/parentalguidance/2007/09/what_do_we_think_of_wii.html
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/09/13/wii-zapper-creates-a-ruckus/
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
Uh-huh, because it's the same with pr0n magazines and crystal meth--if it's sold, a kid will get their hands on it no matter what their parents say.
(The following is directed to whiny people who more than likely won't ever read this post.) Take responsibility of your freaking children--if you don't want them playing with a gun-shaped game controller, don't buy it for them. Also, what games are you buying for them? The Wii Zapper less a simulator for a real gun than a water pistol if they don't have any games in which you do kill.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 05:47:58 PM »
They can go grumble somewhere else...NOT TO THE GREAT NINTENDO!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 06:52:44 PM by Chupperson Weird »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »
Please don't do that again.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:11:45 PM »
The following image best represents how I feel about this.

Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 06:19:38 PM »
This is absolutely retarded. These people obviously can't teach their children responsibility if they protest that the Wii Zapper turns kids homicidal.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 06:20:43 PM »
I grew up with the Nintendo NES gun and the Super Score for the SNES... and I'm not running running around now killing people.  Am I the only one?  :)

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 06:21:51 PM »
This is just...complete crap. I can think of a bunch of other things kids subjected to these days that'll hurt them in the near future.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 06:30:09 PM »
What idiots. You're worried about a freaking zapper and there are drugs out there. What about the NES zapper?

If you hate it so much, but you don't hear other parents protesting about it, just keep it away from your kids and be quiet. Also, for them to use this, they'd have to have some kind of gun-simulator game.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »
I agree with Maxine.

On another note, this Wii Zapper better bring about a sequal to House of the Dead otherwise I have no incentive to buy it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 07:19:42 PM »
.... Thank you, people whom have nothing better to do with your time. You have collectively stopped any possible shooting that will ever take place in the future.

If such event does happen, my finger will be pointed squarely at you

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 07:34:24 PM »
ha, I don't get it, has anyone ever objected to those arcade-shooters for the same reason? I like how so many people think that video games stimulate people's motivations in reality. Not to mention if the parents were that worried about the product could keep their children away from it. They act like no one has control over children's actions. If kids are that out of control parents need to take control anyway.
I'm a horrible person.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 09:00:11 PM »
My parents don't allow my brother to play light-gun games in arcades. I don't even think he knows where my Zapper is, either, so basically he doesn't get to play light-gun games. Since I don't show any interest toward them at all, my parents don't bother me at all about it, though they didn't let me play those games when I was younger.

Also, I agree with Maxine and the cesspool.

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 09:58:28 PM »
Why do media watchdogs torture us so?

Furthermore, why can't they just be good parents and just not buy it for them if they don't like it/ teach their kids not to go shoot people in real life? Why do they think children are going to go out and shoot people without motivation just because they played it in a game?

Heck, I was playing and mastering Time Crisis 2 at the arcades when I was only seven, even with my parents watching me and I haven't killed anyone. Know why? Cause I was raised well, and my mom focused on teaching me good morals and values, not sitting on the computer and complaining about un-realistic looking toy guns that she's not obligated to buy.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 02:43:16 AM »
Hmm where are Jack Thompson's thoughts on this?

Print