Print

Author Topic: Zapper is EEEEVIL!!!  (Read 10346 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 08:47:21 AM »
Why do so many people think they're fit to be parents when they're not?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 12:51:21 PM »
Heck, I was playing and mastering Time Crisis 2 at the arcades when I was only seven, even with my parents watching me and I haven't killed anyone.
You think that's bad? I played House of the Dead as a kid. And want to know who Player 2 was? My dad.
Did anyone complain about the NES zapper?
We have a secret page!

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 01:47:49 PM »
I played Mortal Kombat II when I was 5 or 6 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy when I was 8. I received House of the Dead II for my 12th birthday.

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »
Hmm where are Jack Thompson's thoughts on this?

I was thinking the same thing. He's bound to say something sooner or later.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 06:43:38 PM »
Hmm where are Jack Thompson's thoughts on this?

He posted this on GP:

"There is a problem with gun violence in this country, and Nintendo is feeding that problem. What a dork (refering to the site owner)"

And how, exactly, is Nintendo "Feeding" the problem, Jack? If there was better gun control like over here in Canada, there wouldn't be so much gun violence. I doubt that a plastic shell is really going to increase crime rates.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »
How did these people never hear of light guns before? Is it only because everyone knows what Wii is, or what?
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »
Actually, the original got some unwanted attention too. It first came out in the NES colored scheme (Y'know, black, grey and light grey) but they felt it looked too real, so they were forced to change it to the orange/grey color you're probably familiar with... But come on! This doesn't look remotley like any functioning gun of this or any other past centuries. future ones, well, that's anyone's guess.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 12:02:23 AM »
Yeah I know, and now after being used with like 4 games ever it hasn't been a big deal for 20 years.
P.S. I'm pretty sure it wasn't just Nintendo's decision to change the color scheme.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 12:09:59 AM »
I have a gray Zapper. Until I found out about the ludicrous problems people had with it I thought it was pretty weird that mine was the only gray one I'd ever seen... every other one I've seen online were orange.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 01:23:01 AM »
I unfortunately have an orange one, although I would really like a (sleeker, less eye-burning and more in tune with the NES color scheme) grey one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 06:24:08 AM »
When we were little, my brother had an orange one. I broke it. We have a gray zapper now, but if you teach you kids right, they won't go out and murder someone after playing a video game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 11:43:40 AM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 07:08:27 AM »
Okay. I can see why people are freaked out about the Zapper. After all, the Steel Battalion controller led to thousands of incidents of giant-mech-related violence among six-year-olds, and we all know about the Guitar Hero guitar being used in countless robberies.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
This is my FF face.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »
This makes the Wii sound way cooler than it actually is...

"Ha ha! You may have laughed at the kiddy games and the name, but guess who's got a controller shaped like a FREAKING GUN?!?!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Sqrt2

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 06:34:12 AM »
He posted this on GP:

If there was better gun control like over here in Canada, there wouldn't be so much gun violence.

Or better still make owning a gun illegal.

Personally, I can't see how the Zapper is going to hurt. I mean the only reason people play shoot-'em-up's is because it's morally and ethically reprehensible to do it to real people, right? Plus the fact that it is illegal.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:37:13 AM by Sqrt2 »
AA fanboy and proud!

Print