Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Durability Stories  (Read 13384 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 02:29:21 PM »
I once stomped on a spare GC controller of mine to see if it would break (stupid, yes, I know). It took a while to cause any visible damage, but it was still functional for a few days afterward.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 03:58:20 PM »
Meanwhile, Sony seems to somehow be making products that at least feel solid. Is this what success or loss does to you?
What? Also, every Sony console I've owned has broken, except my PSP. I dunno what to think about the PS3. I imagine they might be durable, considering they weigh like 20 pounds, but you have to wonder about their long tern durability. PS2s slowly lose the ability to read discs until you void your warranty to turn that small white cog. I had to do that, and it still doesn't read discs very well. Also, my first PS1 was destroyed in a lightning storm, and the second was destroyed when my sister knocked it over. Also, my small white PS1 with the screen still works, but the screen is mangled, it won't stand straight up.

I've never lost a Nintendo system.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 08:39:02 PM »
It's a veteran of the Gulf War.

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 11:04:14 PM »
I once stomped on a spare GC controller of mine to see if it would break (stupid, yes, I know). It took a while to cause any visible damage, but it was still functional for a few days afterward.

It DOES sound pretty stupid.

I don't really get why people intentionally like to test the durability of Nintendo's products. I'm sure they do enough of that in NCL.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 11:38:20 PM »
If it was first-party, I'm mad.
Anyway Solid, the PSP light (as opposed to heavy) is a pretty slick little piece of plastic. And PS3s are pretty substantial.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 04:13:59 AM »
Yes, it was first-party. In fact, it was a Wavebird. If it helps, it was originally my brother's.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 10:14:42 AM »
You're stupid.
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 11:18:08 AM »
I second Chup.

Really, WHY would you (or anyone, for that matter) wanna destroy something that was money well spent?

I pondered the same thing whenever someone said they'd go buy an Xbox just to destroy it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 10:56:40 PM »
You're stupid.

Well, that's clever.

And here comes the part where people scold me for talking about injuring awesome Nintendo hardware in a thread about injuring awesome Nintendo hardware.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 11:20:24 PM »
The thread isn't about injuring it on purpose, though. So, thirded.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 01:10:45 AM »
Fourthed. Send something to me next time you want it broken and I'll gladly send you fake pictures.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sqrt2

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 05:10:58 AM »
I've had a N64 controller have it's analogue stick break off. Due in part to playing Mario Party and Paper Mario so much. :)
AA fanboy and proud!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
The thread isn't about injuring it on purpose, though. So, thirded.

So? It's not like it's your controller, or anyone else's. Honestly, I don't see how calling me stupid because I broke something is good for anything. If I hear that you did something dumb, would it do anything useful if I called you stupid?
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »
Well uhh, none of this changes the fact that you're stupid for destroying the wavebird, when you could have given it to me. :D

Print