Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Durability Stories  (Read 13390 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »
So nobody here has tested something, anything, ever?  He wanted to see how strong it was, so he tried to bust it up.  It wasn't like he ran into your house, stole yours, and proceeded to whack it with a hammer.  There is nothing that says he is not allowed to destroy the remote if he so pleases.  Plus, it's not as if he does this on a daily basis, it was just a one-time event.  So, lay off him.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 10:35:46 PM »
Smart people do not damage things for the purpose of damaging them. Anyone's things.
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007, 11:04:16 PM »
And decent people don't jump on a guy for one thing that he's done.  One small thing.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »
Hey, it wasn't HIS controller, either. It was his brother's. Did his brother tell him it was okay to?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »
Sure did. Even though I'd owned it for about half a year after he gave it to me, I actually called him up and asked permission. He said, "Yeah, sure, it's yours, do whatever you want."
every

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 04:29:53 PM »
One time, I dropped my DS onto the treadmill in my basement while I was playing it. It dropped 4 feet and hit the metal part at the bottom and flew about a foot. The game froze, but when I turned it off and on again it worked fine.

OK, maybe "fine" is too strong a word...since I'm not sure if that incident was related to my DS's right speaker breaking or not. I can't exactly remember, but it seems to have happened later...or something. That's why I use headphones now. :P
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »
Some early DSes had built in sound problems.
That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 12:11:42 AM »
Sometimes my DS would give off this weird echo noise with the speakers, as if one of the speakers was lagging. Opening and closing the thing would fix the problem.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 01:39:21 AM »
That happened with me a lot playing SM64DS on my coughfirst DS. Only SM64DS though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 06:17:32 PM »
Some early DSes had built in sound problems.

Some GBASP's have this problem too, as my GBASP does (strangely, only the first Wario Ware game and Mario VS DK).

I have noticed a sound problem sometimes on my DS, and turning the sound down for a few minutes seems to help it, as well as closing/opening the DS. Though, if it's a Mario game, it won't help if Mario says something as the DS is closed (I love this game!)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »
I was playing SM64DS today and decided to reset.... well it was when the character was walking through a door, and the next room was loading. It reloaded and told me the data was corrupted, and everything was erased (most importantly: my 9999 score in poker). after I tried to start over and test whether the save would take, it still kept telling me the data was corrupted. I took out the card, put it back in and started it up. Not only was it not telling me the data was corrupted, everything was restored.

I don't understand it, but it should hold some testament to durability.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »
A long time ago, I used to play The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. When I stopped playing it for about 6 years because my Super Nintendo stopped working. 6 years later, I played it again and it was still saved! My game usually gets erased at the end of the day.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2007, 01:59:38 AM »
No one might not belive this but one day when my freinds were over for the night (this was about when we were 9 im 14 now) Well anyways when we were sleeping one of freinds woke up early and wanted to play my brand spankin new game cube but the color cords wernt pluged in the back of the tv. (this was a big tv to) So he went to plug them in and tryed turning the tv around guess what happens.

The tv falls out of the entertainment center and falls ontop of my n64 AND game cube (they were sitting next to each other) and it just crunches one side of my game cube and makes the game inside my n64 get smashed into it.

Well my game cube and n64 work perfectly like nothing ever happend. But the big tv...not so much. We had to get rid of it becuase when it fell it broke somthing inside of it so it dosent turn on anymore. So yah my parents wernt to happy about it But me I was thanking the lord that my game cube and n64 were ok. Ill try getting some pics of my half smashed game cube later. You cant really tell the dammage on the n64 besides the game that was on it at the time (Donkey Kong 64) but i ended up selling it to help me get a Wii
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 02:18:31 PM »
I had something very weird happen to my copy of Warioware Touched.  One day when I turned the game on, the game data was all erased!  I know that  I or anybody else did not erased the data.  I turned it on and off for a few times and it appeared that all of the save data was erased and that it would not save any new data. 

I tried another DS game to see if it was fine.  It was, so I knew it wasn't the system's fault.  When I went back to Warioware, all of my save data was restored!!!  I have no idea how that could happen.

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2007, 07:06:21 PM »
Let's see...

One time my Animal Crossing DS game got washed and dried. It still works find today.

Another time I dropped my DS Phat (Which has been recently thrown away due to too much damage) at my friends's hard wood floor. It cracked the side. it still worked fine. But later my sister broke it...in half.

Print