Print

Author Topic: Hard Games  (Read 23878 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2008, 08:20:28 PM »
But being lazy is my thing 8D. I had a feeling it would be one of the first mentioned.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
Evil

Nauseating

Armageddon

You Need some Japanese font to play the third one properly. (That, or don't, and let the game be impossible for you. =p)

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2008, 04:33:59 PM »
Mario and the lost levels. I was raised thinking warps were a good thing! And mushrooms that kill? Hmmm... now I want to play it. Who wants to bet I don't get past world 3?
The internet. Where men are men, women are men, and little girls are F.B.I. agents.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2008, 05:00:30 PM »
The fifth case of Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. The first four cases used normal Earth thinking, but some of the parts in the fifth require esoteric leaps of logic that only 200+ IQ masterminds can think of. Seriously, realizing that Pearl mistook "gravely" for "gravy"? Concluding the murderer used the bridge's suspension rope the swing the body under the bridge like a pendulum, leading the witness, who was upside-down, to think the body was flying through the air? HTF is anyone supposed to know that?
every

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »
Oddly, a lot of my issues with games is that I overthink the game. I remember when I played Sonic Adventure and I was stuck on the final boss for Sonic. I'm here trying to time this PERFECT jump right after the shooting stops when all I have to do is spam the homing attack for half the battle. As soon as I did that, I sat blank faced like "...What...Just THAT?...but...it's the boss...why was Chaos 0 harder than this?"

The rest of my issue, at least with platformers(my first love in games), is that since they've moved to 3-D I die so often just jumping. I have bad depth perception, so it's a struggle. "But...isn't that jump makable? COME ON!"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »
The Challenge mode in Nanostray 2 is actually less challenging than the main game, which is ridiculously tough...but it is a shmup, after all.

The new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games are harder than the first two, mainly because the easier missions leave the Job Boards (there are two of them now; one of them rarely has new missions, but they're much harder than normal jobs despite being ranked at the same level) after only a few days in-game.

Rondo of Swords and The World Ends With You are both hard but for different reasons. I don't really want to go into detail about either of them.

SPAC3 INVADERS EXTR3ME is still an insanely hard game but I love it so much.

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2008, 09:50:04 AM »
IWBTG is harder then all other games.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2008, 07:53:40 PM »
1-D Tetris.

For those who didn't detect the sarcasm/irony.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »
The first thing I imagined was trying to play Tetris when all you could see was a horizontal, 1 pixel line, but the irony has been made clear. Speaking of which, a one-dimensional array is horizontal.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2008, 09:25:27 PM »
Tetris 1-D

Have fun!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2008, 10:31:59 PM »
Try mine too.

Tetris 0-D

Have fun!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2008, 10:43:23 PM »
Hahahah.  My first online LOL of the day.  Thanks LD!

My first IRL LOL was when my 20 month old daughter was playing a game of acting like she was going to give me her juice bottle then running away laughing when I'd go to get it.  When I finally did get it after several times of her running away and laughing she fell to the floor crying.  I know it's cruel to laugh at a crying baby, but she lost at her own game and we all have to learn some time.  Besides, she got of and smiled real big when she saw I'd put the bottle down beside her. 

She also learned today that the Mario Kart wheel and Wiimote I gave her didn't work so she put it in one of here toys and sat on it laughing. 

Back on topic, Okami Wii isn't the hardest game so far, but I had a hard time with some of the brush strokes at first.  The harder I tried the worse I was at it.  I finally realized that I was trying to hard and fast.  Slowing down I can now get them right more consistently.  I'm still frustrated with getting the third sphere up to the bear. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2008, 12:27:54 PM »
Back on topic, Okami Wii isn't the hardest game so far, but I had a hard time with some of the brush strokes at first.  The harder I tried the worse I was at it.  I finally realized that I was trying to hard and fast.  Slowing down I can now get them right more consistently.  I'm still frustrated with getting the third sphere up to the bear.
Getting the third sphere up to the bear is difficult even with the PS2 controller. Even though it doesn't look hard, I still haven't managed to do it. That's assuming the third sphere is the green spiky thing... I've been away from Agata Forest so long that I don't remember which sphere I got up to.

But in general, Okami is an easy game. Makes me wish there was a Hard difficulty in Okami. Maybe there's not due to aesthetic reasons or having to focus on the single-player game (and who wants to playtest the game for a million more hours just to ensure a new difficulty isn't unfair?), but there's only a precious few moments in the game that are truly hard. And those moments are optional.

An example is the last Blockhead in the game (if you don't know what they are, you will soon enough), hidden in some obscure area. I swear that entirely depends on luck.

The second-hardest challenge in the game for me is the optional battle against the Canine Warriors really late in the game. I don't think it's humanly possible to finish that battle without refilling your health multiple times. Even with all the health-refilling items I had at the time, I was nearly dead at the end of it all. That's easily tougher than the final boss fight.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
Mario Kart Wii on 150cc.

'Nuff said.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
Not really. The Star Cup is a little hard, but I got a Silver trophy with an "A" rank. Golds on both the Mushroom and Flower with 2 and one star ranks respectively. I have yet to try the Special Cup though. This has also been done on Automatic, so try that, since its easier. I use the "Flame Runner" bike. Try that, and it should work.

Print