Print

Author Topic: What was your first non-Mario game?  (Read 19617 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »
Mine was Tetris for the original Game Boy.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »
Some sort of educational thing for the TI-99/4A.  I don't think I ever knew the name.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »
Good question. I believe it was Killer Instinct for the Game Boy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »
My memory doesn't go back far enough for me to give an accurate answer...I'd say it was probably Blake Stone or Wolfenstein 3D.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 08:43:15 PM »
Mine was space invaders for the GBC. Prior to that, I watched my cousin play Crash Banidcoot for the PlayStation.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 08:44:52 PM »
Just after receiving Super Mario Land for the Game Boy, I got GOLF. It was actually a pretty fun game. On the N64, our first non-Mario game was probably Star Wars Episode One Racers.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 08:54:52 PM »
The name escapes me, it was some space shooter for the NES.

The one after that being the original LoZ.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:02:14 PM »
Pac Man  That was my very first game period
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
I pretty much have a 3-way tie, all on PC and circa 1989.

A game where you drove a car that could jump high left-to-right and jumped motorcycles, cars, and dodged falling rocks maybe. I think it was called Off-Road.

Some sort of Defender port (not that I realized it at the time).

Mixed-Up Mother Goose

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 09:29:43 PM »
The earliest games I remember actively and coherently playing were Top Gear, Cybernator and an old game on an old computer that was very crusty even twelve years ago: Troll's Tale.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 09:30:36 PM »
Stick Ball.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 09:35:13 PM »
Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genisis.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 11:03:04 PM »
Probably a Frogger arcade machine. Aside from that, probably some ancient PC games, Rogue or Dracula In London.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 11:16:20 PM »
Probably Pokémon Red.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 11:21:30 PM »
"Duck Hunt."  It had just come out on a 2-fer cartridge with "Super Mario Bros," and I played both with the girl next door (I never had an original Nintendo of my own).  I don't remember which one I played first, but I exclusively played "Duck Hunt" for a long time after my first attempt at "Mario" discouraged me.  Shooting stuff is a lot easier for a kid than navigating through a sidescroller.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »
I think mine was Burger Time for the NES... but it might have been Adventure Island 2. I do remember, however, that my first 3 games ever were Super Mario 1, 2, and 3.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 12:19:45 AM »
It was one of my first memories, "Power Quest" for the GBC.

I remember it as if it were yesterday... My Brother got it for Christmas and I was like, "that Gameboy is SO uncool!" Little did I know, that I kept on stalking him and asking him if I could play it, but he wouldn't let me have it. It wasn't until he left it in one spot to go get a snack when I stole it and played it in the bathroom. It was then that I was first ever introducted to... VIDEO GAMES...

What a story...

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »
The first game I ever played was Sonic 3 for Sega Genesis.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »
I think mine was Frogger. Or was it Ms Pac Man? Those games are fun.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 05:04:34 AM »
It was one of my first memories, "Power Quest" for the GBC.

Boy does this make me feel old!  I still think of Game Boy Color as a fairly recent development.
Mega 2

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »
Although I'm not sure which I played first, Commander Keen and Duke Nukem were my first games.
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
I believe it may have been Yoshi's Island for the SNES. That may even be the first game I ever played at all, unless I had discovered my mom's Coleco portable arcade version of Donkey Kong in the closet.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »
I think maybe the Dragon Warrior games on the NES (never could get ahold of II, though...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 01:27:05 PM »
Psst, Melee dude, those are Mario games.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »
Something on Atari 5200.  My grandparents bought us the system and nearly a dozen games for Christmas when I was a kid.  I may have played something at our local arcade earlier though. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
Well, now that I think about it, it could've been a Texas Instruments game... I dunno... but the first game/console I officially played/owned was a SNES and Yoshi's Island.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »
I think maybe the Dragon Warrior games on the NES (never could get ahold of II, though...).

Does it strike anyone else as odd that the "Dragon Warrior" games were huge back in the day, but are hardly ever mentioned today?  I wonder why that series didn't stick around the way "Legend of Zelda" and "Final Fantasy" have.
Mega 2

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »
Didn't you hear? They started using the Japanese name (Dragon Quest) over here a while back (DQ5, I think). Believe me, that series is still sticking around plenty.

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »
I can't remember that far back so i'm chossing to do a few which i think are quite old.

NFS 3 for the pc
Legend of zelda the minish cap for the GBA
and 1 other GBA game
Signutre for sale. Good condion.buy for US$5.00

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
Actually Dragon Quest VIII was the first American release to use the original name. Dragon Quest V and VI didn't make it over here due to Enix USA closing down, while Dragon Warrior VII was released for PSX.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 04:24:29 PM »
Huh. I thought DQV and DQVI made it over here. Oh well.

Now that I'm thinking about it a bit more, I think I may have played Rogue or one of the old id or Apogee platformers before I played either of the FPSes I mentioned before, and also some games from Epic from back when they were called Epic Megagames.

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
It was either Tetris for the NES or Street Fighter II: Turbo.

Pretty cool that both of those series have survived to this day.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 05:47:16 PM »
First non-Mario games I owned were Mrs. Pac Man Special Edition for the GameBoy and Centipede for the GameBoy. They were also my first video games period. I bought these about the year 2000-01.
I'm a horrible person.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
My first non-Mario game, I believe, was Thinkin' Things for the PC. I played that when I was, like, two years old, I think. My first console non-Mario game was either LoZ or Solar Jetman on the NES.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »
Mine was a spider man game for the GB It wasnt the first game that I know of there was this wierd game for a really old computer where you pushed the blocks to trap these "Hs" and you were this little diamond. I think that was the first one
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
My first non-Mario game, I believe, was Thinkin' Things for the PC.

I LOVED THINKIN' THINGS! I played the second version of that in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. So much fun.
When I saw the other versions (1 and 3) in the library, I was like "DO WANT" and borrowed them and played them a lot.

I'd say I had the most fun with the 3rd version.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
Come to think of it, I had a lot of educational games when I was very young. My favorite one was probably Treasure Cove. I don't know if it was my brother or myself that got Thinkin' Things.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »
Ohhhh yeahhhhh, Thinkin' Things. I don't remember what version it was, but there was a game where you work at a Fripple store, some game where you and a goose of sorts play various xylophones and a game where geometric shapes made interesting noises and you could use them to make music... The Fripples were pure awesomeness. I loved it when the people would order the ones with propeller caps from the Fripple store and they'd slowly hop and float out the door... That comes before Pokémon Red and even Mario, for sure, though I'm not sure I'd call it a video game.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:37:05 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
I got in trouble in computer class in fifth grade because the kid next to me was drawing obscene animated pictures using Thinkin' Things. I hated that game SO much because of that. Now, it doesn't really matter to me, so yeah, Thinkin' Things is pretty cool.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
Ohhhh yeahhhhh, Thinkin' Things. I don't remember what version it was, but there was a game where you work at a Fripple store, some game where you and a goose of sorts play various xylophones and a game where geometric shapes made interesting noises and you could use them to make music... The Fripples were pure awesomeness. I loved it when the people would order the ones with propeller caps from the Fripple store and they'd slowly hop and float out the door... That comes before Pokémon Red and even Mario, for sure, though I'm not sure I'd call it a video game.
Fripples pwn.

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2008, 01:16:58 PM »
On another note actually, the games I listed were only my first GameBoy games. My first game was actually "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo"... if anyone can remember those.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »

That was the first version.

The second one had a Fripple matching game, and I forgot what the third version had in the way of Fripples.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »
My first game was actually "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo"... if anyone can remember those.
I did "Putt Putt Travels in Time." Putt Putt and Jumpstart stuff were pretty darn stellar back when I was younger...

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »
For me, it was Duck Hunt if this includes the combined game carts, otherwise it was Micro Machines and Densha De Go! 1.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »
Metroid. Ohhhh, yeah ;)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »
Well, at a young age, I had about thirteen NES games.
As well as (undiscovered by myself until age 15 or so) about 15 Atari 2600 titles.
The only Mario titles I had at the time were Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (if you want to account the Duck Hunt half as an addition to my list of "first non-Mario games", then there's one) and Super Mario Bros. 3. Oh, and if you want to count it, Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600, but yeah I count that of course (though I didn't play it until years later).
Some examples of NES games I had were Tetris, Batman, Total Recall (eeeh), Knight Rider, Castle of Deceit (first unlicensed game), The Legend of Zelda, Little Nemo Dream Master (great game), Kings of the Beach, Tecmo Bowl, Baseball, and I forget the other three or so.
Examples of Atari 2600 titles included Asteroids, Vanguard, Dolphin, and really I'm just drawing blanks in that category.
And also discovered at age fifteen or sixteen, an 80's pong unit by a company known as Executive Games entitled "Television Tennis" That also gathered dust in my basement over time.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2008, 12:14:20 AM »
Tetris for NES. Can't remember too well since I used to play Super Mario Bros. all the time (wasn't until SMB2 and SMB3 that I finally got around to playing something different... although Snake Rattle N Roll was another favorite of mine). I do remember playing SMB/Duck Hunt, but can't imagine that I got that cart for that birthday. I think I just re-bought SMB essentially because it had an added game to it.

First non-Mario Game Boy game: Tetris. Duh.

First non-Mario SNES game: Forgetting which SNES games I had, I quickly browsed through a list and came across 19 that I owned. Of those, I think the earliest was Taz-Mania.
Most of my SNES collection was apparently games from '93 and '94. But man did I miss out on a ton of great games... RPGs, Kirby games, rented a lot of games I liked but never picked up for one reason or another (e.g. Clayfighter 2, On The Ball, Zombies Ate My Neighbors). EarthBound was the last SNES game I bought, spurred by unlocking Ness in Super Smash Bros. I'm happy at the least that whoever I gave my SNES and games to, that they could experience the joy of EarthBound.

First non-Mario N64 game: Pilotwings 64. If we're talking first non-Mario N64 game I bought, that'd be... uh... don't remember. Maybe Turok, since I rented that a half dozen times before buying it.

First non-Mario GameCube game: Wave Race Blue Storm, because everything else at the time didn't interest me (I ignored Pikmin, unfortunately). Second GameCube game was Smash Bros. Melee, naturally.
You didn't say wot wot.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2008, 12:29:14 AM »
First non-Mario...
NES: Zelda II - on my neighbor's grandson's system at my neighbor's (didn't get to play much though)
GB: Tetris - also got Alleyway and SML on the Christmas after launch
SNES: Zelda ALttP - on my uncle's system at my grandpa's place in Canada (also took his NP collection home)
VB: Red Alarm - besides Mario Tennis, this is what you'd find in a store kiosk
N64: Zelda OoT - store kiosk... at least I don't recall any non-Mario game in there until that arrived
GBC: Tetris DX - store kiosk
GC: SSBM - my friend brought his system over, which he bought at launch and sold shortly thereafter to buy something else electronic
GBA: Zelda ALttP/4S or F-Zero MV - bought these and MKSC for the train ride to my first E3 (2003)
DS: Pictochat, if that counts, or some garbage launch title - with Deezer at the DS launch
Wii: Wii Sports - at E3 2006, though Wii Music (still unreleased!) was the first title I saw

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 06:59:17 AM »
My first is The original Sonic The Hedgehog for Genesis (I still have that genesis you know?!)
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES.
I wanted to get the second game, but for some reason I got the first one.
I still can't beat that game...
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 01:52:42 PM »
Granted that people are naming non-Mario games for non-Nintendo systems, I shall join too.

NES- Named in my previous post
SNES- Gradius III, the Gradius franchise is full of top notch shumps, and III is probably the best in series. I have lots of history with that game. I never managed to beat it, but hey, it is a fairly challenging game. To this date it's one of my favorite SNES games. I played it before I even played any Mario SNES games. I also had Turn & Burn: No Fly Zone in that time, but that game was horrible, so I didn't play it more than a few times. Not long after, I got Yoshi's Island, which consumed tons of my time.
N64- Diddy Kong Racing. Of course, my first games played were Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Kart; as they struck my interests more, I played DKR not long after. I loved that game so much. To be honest, some of the elements in it were better than MK64. Better battle tracks, bosses, definitely better story line. Of course, MK64 was easily better and had consumed more of my time. But DKR was definitely played a lot.
GameCube- Metroid Prime. My first games obtained were Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, and some crappy Hotwheels game that I ended up selling. In addition to Metroid Prime. I didn't get SSBM, Godzilla, or Hotwheels until later that day. So my first two games played were Super Mario Sunshine (which, may I add, is under-rated), followed by Metroid Prime. I really want a Wii so I can get Metroid Prime 3.
Wii- I am sorry to inform people, I do not yet have a Wii, and the only game I played on it was a demo of Super Mario Galaxy. So I'll get back to you with the first non-Mario game on the Wii. Probably Brawl, since I plan on getting Galaxy and Brawl as my first games.
Game Boy- Generally the obvious answer; Tetris. I only had Super Mario Land and Tetris at first, so naturally I had played Tetris as my first non-Mario game.
Game Boy Color- Pokémon Crystal. My first game was, I believe, Wario Land 3. I didn't really buy many GBC games, since I never really got the opportunity to purchase any that struck my interests. So Pokémon Crystal, which I got years after my GBC, was my first.
Game Boy Advance- Another sluggish one. I had Super Mario Advance (SMB2US) for a while, then I lost it. About three years later, I bought Driver 2 Advance (God awful). Then my GBA library began to expand.
Nintendo DS- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt Demo :P
Ditto used Machop!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 05:37:20 PM »
You win the mega prize for your SNES entry.

NES: Probably Zelda or Metroid.
SNES: Top Gear 2.
N64: Pretty sure it was Pokémon Stadium.
GCN: Crazy Taxi.
Wii: Excite Truck.
GB: Dig Dug.
GBC: Hmm...I suppose I could count Pokémon Silver for this system, though I might've played Pokémon Pinball before that...
GBA: Namco Museum.
DS: Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 12:07:17 PM »
Wow, I just realized that F-Zero GX is my only non-Mario Gamecube game. And I didn't even get that game until I had already owned my Gamecube for two years. Hm.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 02:26:08 AM »
My first non-Mario game was Crash Bandicoot for the Playsation.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »
My very first own video game was Hugo for the good ol' Game Boy. Who is Hugo? A troll character, go here. Actually, that Game Boy version is almost identical with Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2, just with other graphics.

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »
SNES: That's a tough one...If you mean the SNES my brother and I shared, it was a Looney Tunes game, if you mean the one I currently own that's only mine, it would be The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare (It'd actually be awhile until I got a Mario game on that)
N64: Goldeneye
GCN: Pikmin
Wii: Wii Sports or Twilight Princess, if you don't count the former.
GameBoy: Pokémon Blue (I didn't get a GameBoy until around 1999)
GameBoy Advance: ....I don't believe I have any non-Mario games for my GBA, I only recall getting the Super Mario Advance titles and the first WarioWare (Again, I wasn't big on handhelds until the DS).
DS: Meteos

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 07:50:32 AM »
Well, it's kind of unfair to consider the Wii...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »
Why? There are probably a lot of people who got a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy for Christmas just last year.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »
Why? There are probably a lot of people who got a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy for Christmas just last year.
just last year, wow that was a long time ago!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 02:26:40 AM »
About two months. What's your point?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2008, 09:38:17 AM »
About two months. What's your point?
I really don't know

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »
* Metal_Slug_Mario slaps himself on the forehead.

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2008, 06:21:19 PM »
My first video game ever was Donkey Kong Country for the SNES, and I LOVED IT.

My first Mario game ever was Super Mario World, and I liked it a LOT.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2008, 06:44:26 PM »
My first video game ever was Donkey Kong Country for the SNES, and I LOVED IT.

My first Mario game ever was Super Mario World, and I liked it a LOT.
the point of this thread is to post your first NON-Mario game

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2008, 06:57:09 PM »
Donkey Kong Country isn't a Mario game, regardless of whether or not the Kongs in that game have appeared in Mario games.

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2008, 07:14:34 PM »
Mine was Tetris for the original Game Boy.
\
I don't really know. Let me think. My first one would be ''Star Wars Episode 5: Shadows Of the Empire '' for the n64. It actually wasn't mine, it was my brothers, but he gave me his n64. My dad's was ''PONG'' wow ancient...... if that was the title. He can't remember....
My first Mario game that was my own that i bought was Mario Tennis: Power Tour.''
Give me a break people. I wasn't born when the NES'S and the SNES' came out. But ive played them. And DKC rocks. : )
I repaired it, Its episode 5 and its Shadows of the empire. Sorry Again, Remeber im new here. And btw Im a girl.....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:26:57 AM by tinkerair »
In one ear, out the other. All I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »
That's Star Wars Episode 3? Not 5?

Speaking of which, are you referring to Rogue Squadron?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2008, 12:43:29 AM »
I think he means Shadows of the Empire.
That was a joke.

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2008, 09:58:05 AM »
pokemon ruby for GBA
There is no spoon.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »
Out of curiosity, was that your first game ever?

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2008, 05:56:11 PM »
Lego Stunt Rally for GBC, and if you think I'm a video game noob, I've played nearly every classic game on my neighbors SNES and N64. Not to mention some classic GB games at my other neighbor's house.

Okay, well, it was Christmas, and I was 5. I got a GBC with Lego Stunt Rally. Not to soon later, my aunt came over and gave me Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (The original). Later, I also got Bugz Racing. Unfortunately, all of these games' batteries have died. This is kinda ironic...all of my original GB games still work.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2008, 12:02:26 AM »
I hated the GBC port of THPS.

The halfpipe mode was too simple, and the downhill mode was too slow.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
The first videro games that I played were Pac-Man and ...that Tank game for the 2600 but to be honest...at the age of about three or four I wasn't exactly getting the most out of it. I played so many games before the age of even six or seven that I didn't get the total worth out of. It's hard to say those are my first games considering I barely remember them.I think the first game I OWNED that I really appreciated was Bases Loaded 2 or the TMNT Arcade game. And the first game that I was mature enough to comprehend completely? Legend of the Mystical Ninja, of course. That game still rocks. The N64 sequals didn't live up to my nostalgia, though....

Man, this is tough when you were a gamer from birth lol.

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »
That's Star Wars Episode 3? Not 5?

Speaking of which, are you referring to Rogue Squadron?
Sorry, my mistake. I meant episode 5. I have been recently into episodes 1-3 of star wars so Im guessing I had three in my head.  No, Not Rogue Squadron. Again Im new here so Im trying....

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2008, 11:20:50 AM »
I think he means Shadows of the Empire.
Yes I did mean shadows of the empire. And Im a girl. Yes a girl who is obsessed with Star Wars and Nintendo.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
Do you also live at the Tinker Air Force Base?
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »
^ LOL

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »
My first non-Mario game was my first video game PERIOD: Pokemon Yellow.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2008, 08:45:03 AM »
Lotus III: The Ultimate Challenge for PC. I'm playing it even today :)
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »
Mine were Monopoly and Star Trek for the Nintendo.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Print