Print

Author Topic: What was your first non-Mario game?  (Read 19644 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 04:24:29 PM »
Huh. I thought DQV and DQVI made it over here. Oh well.

Now that I'm thinking about it a bit more, I think I may have played Rogue or one of the old id or Apogee platformers before I played either of the FPSes I mentioned before, and also some games from Epic from back when they were called Epic Megagames.

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
It was either Tetris for the NES or Street Fighter II: Turbo.

Pretty cool that both of those series have survived to this day.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 05:47:16 PM »
First non-Mario games I owned were Mrs. Pac Man Special Edition for the GameBoy and Centipede for the GameBoy. They were also my first video games period. I bought these about the year 2000-01.
I'm a horrible person.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
My first non-Mario game, I believe, was Thinkin' Things for the PC. I played that when I was, like, two years old, I think. My first console non-Mario game was either LoZ or Solar Jetman on the NES.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »
Mine was a spider man game for the GB It wasnt the first game that I know of there was this wierd game for a really old computer where you pushed the blocks to trap these "Hs" and you were this little diamond. I think that was the first one
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
My first non-Mario game, I believe, was Thinkin' Things for the PC.

I LOVED THINKIN' THINGS! I played the second version of that in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. So much fun.
When I saw the other versions (1 and 3) in the library, I was like "DO WANT" and borrowed them and played them a lot.

I'd say I had the most fun with the 3rd version.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
Come to think of it, I had a lot of educational games when I was very young. My favorite one was probably Treasure Cove. I don't know if it was my brother or myself that got Thinkin' Things.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »
Ohhhh yeahhhhh, Thinkin' Things. I don't remember what version it was, but there was a game where you work at a Fripple store, some game where you and a goose of sorts play various xylophones and a game where geometric shapes made interesting noises and you could use them to make music... The Fripples were pure awesomeness. I loved it when the people would order the ones with propeller caps from the Fripple store and they'd slowly hop and float out the door... That comes before Pokémon Red and even Mario, for sure, though I'm not sure I'd call it a video game.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:37:05 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
I got in trouble in computer class in fifth grade because the kid next to me was drawing obscene animated pictures using Thinkin' Things. I hated that game SO much because of that. Now, it doesn't really matter to me, so yeah, Thinkin' Things is pretty cool.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
Ohhhh yeahhhhh, Thinkin' Things. I don't remember what version it was, but there was a game where you work at a Fripple store, some game where you and a goose of sorts play various xylophones and a game where geometric shapes made interesting noises and you could use them to make music... The Fripples were pure awesomeness. I loved it when the people would order the ones with propeller caps from the Fripple store and they'd slowly hop and float out the door... That comes before Pokémon Red and even Mario, for sure, though I'm not sure I'd call it a video game.
Fripples pwn.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2008, 01:16:58 PM »
On another note actually, the games I listed were only my first GameBoy games. My first game was actually "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo"... if anyone can remember those.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »

That was the first version.

The second one had a Fripple matching game, and I forgot what the third version had in the way of Fripples.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »
My first game was actually "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo"... if anyone can remember those.
I did "Putt Putt Travels in Time." Putt Putt and Jumpstart stuff were pretty darn stellar back when I was younger...

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »
For me, it was Duck Hunt if this includes the combined game carts, otherwise it was Micro Machines and Densha De Go! 1.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »
Metroid. Ohhhh, yeah ;)

Print