Print

Author Topic: SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 54141 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 04:24:04 PM »
Where does all this stuff get leaked from, anyway? That's one thing I've always wondered. Also, w00t for Luigi and Ness.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 05:11:40 PM »
The game was recently released in Japan.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »
This stuff gets leaked from the rabid fans who were able to get their hands on a copy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 05:17:09 PM »
R.O.B. once again takes the spot of worthless character that stole the place on a more deserving character. How depressing.

Wanna talk worthless characters? I'd say Pokemon Trainer, King Dedede and Ike are all pretty worthless. I mean, we've already got two playable Pokemon, two Kirby characters (Metaknight stays 'cause he pwns), and one Fire Emblem character. To me, that's wasted space; you could replace any of those three with a playable Ridley and improve the game's awesomeness by 21%. If R.O.B. were the final boss I'd be a little peeved, but no one's being forced to play as him. Although you should, because he's awesome.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 06:19:09 PM »
Wanna talk worthless characters? I'd say Pokemon Trainer, King Dedede and Ike are all pretty worthless. I mean, we've already got two playable Pokemon, two Kirby characters (Metaknight stays 'cause he pwns), and one Fire Emblem character. To me, that's wasted space; you could replace any of those three with a playable Ridley and improve the game's awesomeness by 21%. If R.O.B. were the final boss I'd be a little peeved, but no one's being forced to play as him. Although you should, because he's awesome.

We've already got one Metroid character, too. Actually, two, if you count the nude version. So your argument is that they're worthless because you don't like them. And even if you don't like Pokemon, calling PT worthless is pretty harsh. What other character is three characters?

If anyone's worthless, it's Wolf. Fox doesn't need another clone, especially one who could have just been a color change and had his slot given to someone with a unique moveset, like Krystal, Geno, Isaac, Dr. Kawashima, K.Rool, Dixie, a third third-party character, etc.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 06:36:44 PM »
Dawwwwwwwwww, ROB...

"Toon Link," eh? It's a better name than "Young Link," as that implies that he is Link as a kid, when they're separate people.

So does this mean Mewtwo is out? Dukar, Giovanni is a potential Pokémon boss (they CALL him "Boss" in-game, even!) so why should Mewtwo be?

Glad to see Heavily Old Pokey as a boss. I hope the music from Pokey's battle in EarthBound plays, but seeing as this is Mother 3-based... But Ness looks goooood, finally the last stripe on his shirt isn't cut off. It's been wrong the last two games!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:21 PM »
Putting Geno in would be purely fanservice; he has a role in one video game, as a party member, with a cameo in another. Krystal, I agree, would be a good addition, but to be honest I wouldn't have her replace Wolf, but Falco. Falco's an incredible character and all but he has even less moveset potential than Wolf. I could see him as a top-tier Assist Trophy.

But I agree with Glorb about Ridley; he's fanservice too, but has much more reason behind it. He's appeared in many more games than Geno, and would cater to a lacking Metroid representation (especially since Metroid had begun to rejoin the mainstream with the Prime series).

(I heard a rumour that Ridley is unlockable if you beat SSE with Samus, but whether you can actually choose who to beat it with is an important but still unknown factor)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »
In response to CrossEyed7: I'm fairly sure Krystal is going to be playable due to someone listing credits for performing her voice in SSBB.
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 06:57:57 PM »
I saw these today, along with more (Ness' Final Smash is Starstorm...), and I must say, the roster looks good (except for ROB. But I can always beat him up with Pokemon Trainer and laugh).

Another thing: Look how cool Ness is, pushing Lucas out of the way and taking the statuizing gun himself!

(And Bird Person: I was right on the money about Captains Falcon and Olimar)
No! I don't want that!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »
In response to CrossEyed7: I'm fairly sure Krystal is going to be playable due to someone listing credits for performing her voice in SSBB.
The same could have been said about Slippy or Peppy before Melee.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »

How are three characters, one who is a main villain of his series while the other two are main characters, less deserving than a clever marketing tool that was abandoned after Super Mario Bros came out?

On another note, how could the development team be so lazy? Falco and Ness still have their moves from Melee, down to sharing their Final Smashes with Fox and Ness. Ganondorf is the biggest offender of all. He is apparantly still a C. Falcon clone, except for the Final Smash.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »
Bird Person has me there.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »
I don't think it would have made any sense to change Ness. I mean, Lucas is the new guy, so why wouldn't they have given him the new moveset expected by those expecting it?

...But no PK Rockin' Final Smash? Bummer.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 07:58:11 PM »
I can't believe this...

Sakurai: I don't know what to do...I could either have R.O.B. who already has an apperance as an enemy, who almost nobody knows, or, I could include Geno, who everyone actually wants. What do you think?

Mindless Worker: Let's have R.O.B. He's the most exciting hunk of metal ever! Who cares about wooden dolls who have magical powers?

Sakurai: Okey dokey.

WHY? WHY?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 08:08:43 PM »
I doubt he ever could include Geno in the first place.
That was a joke.

Print