Print

Author Topic: SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 54241 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »
I can't believe this...

Sakurai: I don't know what to do...I could either have R.O.B. who already has an apperance as an enemy, who almost nobody knows, or, I could include another third party character, whom everybody wants and is more deserving of the slot. What do you think?

Mindless Worker: Let's have R.O.B. He's the most exciting hunk of metal ever! It'd be cheaper.

Sakurai: Okey dokey.

WHY? WHY?
Fix'd
Seriously, we could have had Megaman or Bomberman!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 08:16:11 PM »
Fix'd
Seriously, we could have had Megaman or Bomberman!
It's not like ROB's inclusion precluded either of those characters.  Capcom and Hudson should have been more vocal.

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »
The complaints about ROB are making me lol.

He was good in Mario Kart DS.

What is it about SMRPG that makes everyone so obsessive?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 08:37:42 PM »
It's a good game with likable, memorable characters, perhaps?
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 08:55:13 PM »
The only problem I have with R.O.B. is that it isn't nostalgic at all. Old, yes, but not an enduring memory upon many a gamer. But no one really knows what nostalgia is supposed to be, and they all go by "Anything for the NES."

To me, a perfect example of nostalgia would be Yoshi's Final Smash. It reminds me of Super Mario World and how much I played that game when I was little. Mr. Game & Watch is somewhat nostalgic as many of his moves remind me of Game & Watch Gallery 2, one of my old favorites. But I guess Brawl has a little of nostalgia for everyone--even people who loved Gyromite.

But for that small group, the cameo would be enough...

Edit: I guess it DID help out with the recovery from the Video Game Crash. Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:57:14 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 10:17:17 PM »
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »
^ Hey, he's smaller than I thought... (and so is R.O.B.)

I think R.O.B. irritates everyone (me included) because he isn't even a character. I mean, if that... thing didn't have eyes when it was made, Nintendo wouldn't be moving into this brief period of obsession over a humanoid peripheral.

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »
I guess R.O.B. is to some people as Pokemon Trainer is to me. I mean, I'm looking forward to characters like Meta Knight and Olimar because they're just plain cool, but Pokemon Trainer isn't just cool, he's my childhood. It always reminds me of when my mother rented a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red version from the nearest Blockbuster, and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. And then my grandmother got me a turquoise GBC and Blue version for Christmas, and I felt like the happiest little child on earth. So, yeah. I guess different characters each mean something different to everyone.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 11:11:44 PM »
The same could have been said about Slippy or Peppy before Melee.
Er, the Slippy  and Peppy in Melee didn't sound anything like the Star Fox 64 versions.

But yeah, just because Krystal's voice is in doesn't mean she'll be playable. Assist trophy or cameo in the Subspace Emissary, perhaps, but not playable.

And I missed out on the R.O.B. phase, don't see all the hoopla about it. I was too busy playing the heck out of Bubble Bobble.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 11:21:23 PM »
That's the thing, Nintendo wants you to believe there was ROB hoopla, but there wasn't.
Also, yeah, that gets me too... ROB never even actually appeared in a game. It was like some weird out of body experience where this thing was part of the game, and yet wasn't.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 11:38:03 PM »
I was too busy playing the heck out of Bubble Bobble.
This sounds like a description of a huge chunk of my life.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »
^ Hey, he's smaller than I thought... (and so is R.O.B.)

I think R.O.B. irritates everyone
Not me.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 12:12:21 AM »
I like the inclusion of ROB, but honestly I don't think they should've included Falco or "Toon Link". And while I'm thinking about characters that are pointless, they shouldn't have Lucas in either.
Ditto used Machop!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 12:36:59 AM »
Oh, the whole "Clone rant" stuff. I like Toon Link. I'll probably use him more than Link. And Lucas is a great way to get Mother 3 translated, and doesn't look half bad as a character.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 01:13:03 AM »
When I was down with a fever I dreamed that Marth was in the game and now...Marth is in the game. This totally rocks!

Toon Link, I think, is really unique. I think it's funny that he was named "Toon Link". A very nice roster of characters :D.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print