Print

Author Topic: Whos Your Main?  (Read 39843 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2008, 08:01:57 PM »
Not really. Aether just sends him back down, so it's not useful unless you're near the ledge.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »
My Mains:
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2008, 10:36:56 PM »
I believe that male trainers always receive male starters (I always get male starters, anyway)
I used to think that too until I did some research after Diamond/Pearl hit. Your character's sex doesn't matter; it's just that female starters are pretty rare, presumedly to make breeding starters harder.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »
Not really. Aether just sends him back down, so it's not useful unless you're near the ledge.
I meant more for attacking, but you're still right.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »
I've been using Toon Link recently
Regards, Uncle Dolan

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »
just curious 'bout who you people play as in smash bros brawl. I play as Olimar by the way, dun know why.
Anything you can do I can do better.

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2008, 07:54:59 PM »
I play as Marth, because my old main lost a bet.

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
Since this thread was combined just moments after I posted, I'll edit this post.

There.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:01:50 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
 I had used to main Marth in Melee, but wanted to main Zelda. And I was certainly no slouch with her either, but Marth was just so much better than her in Melee, however, so if I was gunning to win I'd be picking Marth..

Though with Brawl, Zelda's much improved. And so, I can happily declare Zelda is my main in Brawl.

Still not bad with Marth (As he's largely unchanged), but Zelda's probably my best at this point.

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
I 'm good with a lot of characters, but my main man is Mario. I'm AWESOME with that guy, if you ask me.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2008, 10:00:53 PM »
Lucas/Sonic/Ness/Lucario.

I gotta pick one.

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2008, 11:29:22 PM »
I like to main the random button.

I was training for a tournament with Pit, but I didn't really like him since he doesn't have a ton of attack moves. I can't do much with his up-B or down-B. Or his standard B for that matter. But he was my favorite of the starters.

Then I unlocked Falco and have been training with him ever since. After the tournament I will be randoming a lot more, but as of now I'm playing against level 9s as Falco and randoming online against friends.

I don't have everyone unlocked yet.

bobman37 Best Characters
Falco
Pit
Fox
Kirby
R.O.B.

bobman37 Worst Characters
Bowser
Olimar
King DeDeDe
Yoshi
Link
Samus
Ness/Lucas
Donkey Kong
Bowser

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2008, 01:19:59 AM »
Jim's Current list:

Toon Link
Ice Climbers (Yup, they're back in my favor. Double Ledge Hang FTW)
Snake/Dedede
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
Yeah mine's changed too.

Lucas: An absolutely amazing character. Special moves may be stolen from Ness, but the extra effects they have make him infinitely better. Also his smash attacks aren't useless like Ness'. Up + A ftw.

Samus/Zero Suit Samus: Neither of them are powerful enough to take down opponents alone, so my strategy involves juggling both inbetween beatings (ZS Samus) and KOs (Samus).

Diddy Kong: I love this guy. People say he sucks, but they can all jump in a lake. His facerape attack rules and his Rocketbarrel Boost has great recovery.

Mario: In the middle of all my mains is the balanced one. He's the same as ever, except his Down B move sucks.

Falco: I hated how much they changed him from Melee, but after some practice, he's even better than before.

Olimar: He's great but all his best attacks rely on having all your Pikmin present, which makes using him a gamble everytime.

Marth: Relatively the same as his Melee incarnation, but he feels way weaker, and his Side B no longer helps him recover. At least it's even easier to combo now.

The ones who I rarely or never use are Zelda, King Dedede, R.O.B., Snake and Pit.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »
Also his smash attacks aren't useless like Ness'.
You must still be thinking Melee.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print