Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power VC Poll Results  (Read 56415 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »
I just sent in my vote for next month, but I forgot to include SMRPG. Maybe I should sent another entry from one of my other email addresses.
Well, it's already confirmed for the Japanese VC, but...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2008, 10:31:34 AM »
Chrono Trigger wasn't very popular? Tell that to ... everybody who was alive when the SNES was.
That was a joke.

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2008, 02:29:45 PM »
I don't think SMAS will happen; why release a compilation when Nintendo can make more money selling the games separately?
Plus, it would be neater if they altered Super Mario All-Stars Collection to be more like the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance remakes.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
Hoohoo! Just what I needed!

No, my problem with the GBA remakes isn't the voice clips. It's that they were made too danged easy... as if the originals weren't already easy enough.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
Well, all they really did was just add a billion 1-Ups for no reason.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 08:18:47 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2008, 10:18:37 PM »
No, they widened platforms, gave you less enemies, more items, and stuff like that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2008, 01:58:25 AM »
Remember that Japan's Super Mario Bros. 2 was deemed "too hard" for American players? Well, then, why do Japanese players have an easier Challenge mode in SMBDX?
I think I've got it: It's not that Nintendo thinks one country's gamers are better than another's; it's just that Nintendo listens to people who whine about games being too hard and therefore makes every re-release slightly easier than its predecessor.  Just think: First they let Mario power down only one step, then they let him power up two steps at once.  I'm sure that after a couple more remakes of Super Mario Bros. 3, it'll be like playing in God Mode... but it'll look very pretty.

(By the way, that Super Mario Bros. Deluxe page claims that 942000 points fills the total score bar, but I found it to be much higher than that.  Like, over a million and a quarter.  Does anyone care to find the exact number?)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:03:17 AM by Bag of Magic Food »
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2008, 06:18:12 AM »
If my copy still saved games right, I would... but I really don't want to get that high of a score in one sitting.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 07:01:18 AM »
No, they widened platforms, gave you less enemies, more items, and stuff like that.
Aw, geez, well that's depressing...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »
I'm not sure "too hard" was the reason for SMB2J not coming over in the first place.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
*feels inadequate because he can't even beat the SMA4 version of SMB3*
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »
Do you think future Mario games should have different difficulty settings?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »
Heck yes! All Nintendo games should, in fact. I've been looking for a time to say this actually... but I think that would really solve a lot of problems. They could have "Everyone" mode and "Gamer" mode (the Metroid Prime games had the right idea).

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
There should also be "Newbie" mode. Even though I completed Metroid Prime 1, Metroid Prime 2 was a kick in the gut right from the get-go. That game's too hard for me.

Super Mario Land 2 had an Easy mode.
But Resident Evil GC had Easy, which meant Hard, and Hard, which meant Frickin' Impossible. Yes, I know RE's from Capcom. Maybe I've become so used to Nintendo's easy games that actual hard games comes as a shocker. It took me years before I beat Star Fox SNES path 1 (easy path), then I realized "hey, that wasn't too bad". Then I got destroyed on Sector Y and Fortuna.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:06:04 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Print