Print

Author Topic: Fail Game Arguments  (Read 22952 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »
Throttle can be a valve.
Throttle can be a lever or pedal controlling a valve.
Throttle can regulate the speed of a valve.
Or to suppress!

The points are mine! ...Can I have a cookie too?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 06:18:09 PM »
Pretty sure Full Throttle is an energy drink.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »
The points are actually mine! He's talking about the energy drink!

The cookies are mine, too. All of them.

I guess you can have the peanut butter ones.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 06:20:53 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THE COOOOOOKIIIIES!

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »
Maniac Mansion is definitely interesting. Here http://www.flyingomelette.com/oddities/oddities6.html (Scroll down. there's also an article about there as well)
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
My friend recommended Maniac Mansion to me. But I never did find it. One day, I hope.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »
I can't really recall any personal gaming arguements right off the bat, but my brother related to me plenty of encounters with dim-witted pre-teens and their videogame assumptions. Some examples:

-Some kid who said that the next Smash Bros. (I think this was when Brawl had been fully announced, mind you) would be called Super Smash Bros. World, or something like that, and you could do fatalities (make Fox shoot himself, decapitate Pikachu, etc.).

-Another kid who--and I refuse to believe that he genuinely thought this was true--said that "Zero Suit Samus" was mistranslated during North American-ization as "No Suit Samus" and there was briefly a nude Samus as a character. Thirteen-year-olds and their idiotic fantasies...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »
I was arguing with someone over who would win in a fight: Ness or Kirby. It's Ness, obviously. This guy just couldn't get that into his head. :P But seriously, arguing over who would win over those two makes a pretty epic fight.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 06:47:31 PM »
Sheesh... arguements like that are the whole reason they invented Smash Bros.!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 07:12:14 PM »
Actually, that's why MUGEN was invented (I'd post a link, but I'm lazy like that).

Also, WarpRattler gets six points for getting it mostly right; Full Throttle is a drink AS WELL AS a kick-awesome graphic adventure game from LucasArts back in the 90s. LD gets the cookies, though.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
Ness: PK Thunder! HWAAAAH!
ZZZZZZZAP!
Lucario: Oooooooooouaaahaagh! Something about Aura!
Anonymous: Why do you do that?
Me: Um. To kill people.
Anonymous: But it hurts you.
Me: Er. No it doesn't.
Anonymous: Welllll it does in Melee.
Me: Uh. No it didn't.
Anonymous: Yes it did.
Me: Grrroooooan...
CaptainJim: He'd know.
Anonymous: Well, fine... I'm going to Thomas's room.
Ness: Okay!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
I had an argument with a friend about whether or not Mario and Luigi are twins.  If you read in-game text we were both right.  I don't think she's played the SNES Yoshi's Island, and she refused to believe that Mario and Luigi are said to be twins. 
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
Whenever I hear someone say that Nintendo sucks because all their games are to childish and are retarded of it, it makes me want to punch them in the face. Like X-box fanboys that say Nintendo sucks because it doesn't have any games like Halo on it. All I have to say to them is that if their was no Nintendo, Their probably would be no such thing as video games right now, and it leaves them with nothing else to say.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »
LD gets the cookies, though.
I didn't want cookies unless they were peanut butter, so this works out perfectly.

There's a trombone player who used to be in my school's band (he's transferring to a different school for his senior year) who thinks Final Fantasy XI is the best MMORPG ever. He has yet to actually compare it to anything except WoW, which he thinks sucks mainly because a lot of people he knows play it and not FFXI. If he needed to, he'd probably argue that WoW can't be played on dial-up...which affects, what, nine people?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 09:56:16 PM »
I also remember when I used to disprove false Pokémon rumors in the days of R/B/Y. Like the proclaimed "Pikablue" and "Mewthree" rumors. People always jumped at me for those.

Whenever I hear someone say that Nintendo sucks because all their games are to childish and are retarded of it, it makes me want to punch them in the face. Like X-box fanboys that say Nintendo sucks because it doesn't have any games like Halo on it. All I have to say to them is that if their was no Nintendo, Their probably would be no such thing as video games right now, and it leaves them with nothing else to say.

Well the NES is what saved the game industry from the crash of '83.
Ditto used Machop!

Print