Print

Author Topic: Fail Game Arguments  (Read 22731 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 09:58:57 PM »
Whenever I hear someone say that Nintendo sucks because all their games are to childish and are retarded of it, it makes me want to punch them in the face. Like X-box fanboys that say Nintendo sucks because it doesn't have any games like Halo on it. All I have to say to them is that if their was no Nintendo, Their probably would be no such thing as video games right now, and it leaves them with nothing else to say.

I can't say that that's the best way to go around it. Just because Ford came first, everyone must like Fords*? Instead of wishing to punch one in the face, try instead, "Yes, and that's all good, but Nintendo makes some superb third-person platformers, unique games that make use of the Wii's motion control and The DS's touch screen, and there's always Super Smash Bros. It's a matter of taste."

Or just ignore them. You know they don't actually play the games they call kids' games and just make a generalization about all of Nintendo because Mario stands out most. In such a case, you could end it with "'E' means 'Everyone.' Not 'Kids.' 'Kids' starts with a 'K.'"

And of course, the final and best way is to play everything. A bit of a financial challenge, but aren't you above everyone who participates in console wars when you know the good and bad of both sides?

*I drive a Ford, but I was just making an analogy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
"Why don't you go play REAL guitar?"

>:(

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
Except, that's a valid argument for all the fools that think they're playing music when they play Guitar Hero. Yes, people like that exist.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 05:18:11 AM »
Being someone who plays both Guitar Hero and real guitar, I re-affirm the position that Guitar Hero is not guitar and I agree with Chupperson. If you want to make music, your best bet is to play a real guitar. If you just want to have fun, you can play Guitar Hero (even though real guitar is more fun).

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 10:50:36 AM »
My one friend plays GH and real guitar, and he tries to say it makes him better at guitar.

Sure, it's a good finger exercise, but otherwise what is there really?

You can't ever really say though, that those people who don't like "kiddy games" are right. They're basically judging the game by the ESRB rating half the time.
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 11:40:41 AM »
I can tell a failtastic argument is about to erupt when I hear someone say "Xbox fanboys" or "PlayStation fanboys". Such as "All Xbox fanboys ever do is play shooters and say Nintendo sucks" or "I hate it when PlayStation fanboys say Nintendo games are for little kids".

Here's the truth: 75% of Nintendo games ARE for little kids, but are fun/challenging enough for everyone to play. Yeah, I said it.
every

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
If they were intended for little kids, they would be rated EC.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 01:14:11 PM »
As I always say:

"Mario's not cool, he's fun."

Puts up massive flame shields.

"...except in the RPG's."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 05:10:54 PM »
I've said this before on the Sonic thread, but Mario's cool because he doesn't put on a big show about it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »
Being someone who plays both Guitar Hero and real guitar, I re-affirm the position that Guitar Hero is not guitar and I agree with Chupperson. If you want to make music, your best bet is to play a real guitar. If you just want to have fun, you can play Guitar Hero (even though real guitar is more fun).

I think that is what I was trying to say several months ago when I posted some heated comments about Guitar Hero.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
As I always say:

"Mario's not cool, he's fun."

Opinion time.
fun = cool.  Therefore, Mario is cool because he's fun. :3
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »
I've said this before on the Sonic thread, but Mario's cool because he doesn't put on a big show about it.

QFT. Especially since Sonic's huge amount of arrogance makes him completely annoying in a sense.

Also, I hate arguments that begin with "Before anyone responds, I'm a big ___ fan...", which is equally annoying as "I'm not a racist, but..." or "I've never tried/played/seen ___, but...". Either way, it just seems to be a thin shield for an opinion to be saved from coming under attack.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
"I'm not a racist, but..."

My god, how I've heard that one a lot where I come from.

I personally don't care about a main character's personality in a platform game. In a game where they talk a lot is does matter, usually, but it's never annoyed me that leaving the controller alone for a while makes Sonic wag his finger at you. The newer games, though, yeah, they're pretty much intolerable because of all the characters' personalities. Charmy, Shadow and Amy are the worst. This is a scientific fact.
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »
I had an argument to the point of fists flying when my friend thought that Ratatouille was made by Dreamworks.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »
My god, how I've heard that one a lot where I come from.

I personally don't care about a main character's personality in a platform game. In a game where they talk a lot is does matter, usually, but it's never annoyed me that leaving the controller alone for a while makes Sonic wag his finger at you. The newer games, though, yeah, they're pretty much intolerable because of all the characters' personalities. Charmy, Shadow and Amy are the worst. This is a scientific fact.

I like Charmy.

Print