Print

Author Topic: Fail Game Arguments  (Read 22921 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »
I had an argument to the point of fists flying when my friend thought that Ratatouille was made by Dreamworks.
As if Flushed Away was just not enough rat movies for one company... (that looked like odd film. I mean, I never saw it, but it seemed really strange to make a CG movie that looks like claymation)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 10:18:49 PM »
Well, it was designed by the Aardman guys.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2008, 05:27:38 AM »
Flushed Away wasn't actually bad.  Nothing to write home about, but not bad.

I can tell a failtastic argument is about to erupt when I hear someone say "Xbox fanboys" or "PlayStation fanboys". Such as "All Xbox fanboys ever do is play shooters and say Nintendo sucks" or "I hate it when PlayStation fanboys say Nintendo games are for little kids".

Here's the truth: 75% of Nintendo games ARE for little kids, but are fun/challenging enough for everyone to play. Yeah, I said it.

I'm a Playstation fanboy, but I think Nintendo games are awesome!  The Xbox stereotype, on the other hand, I somewhat agree with.  I'm tired of my friends thinking that just because a game is family-friendly or doesn't involve pools of blood and gore, it's for little kids, or it isn't challenging enough.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »
Yeah I liked Flushed Away too.

I like Charmy.

I do too. Knuckles Chaotix was awesome.

Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »
I've counted far too many contradictions to reality in the above post.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 09:11:28 AM »
You're a contradiction. >:(

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 12:19:35 PM »
No! I don't want that!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »
It annoys me a bit when someone refers to SMRPG or the M&L games as part of the Paper Mario series.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2008, 02:35:08 PM »
Well they're all RPGs starring Mario, right?  So they're pretty much all the same series.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »
Whahahahahahahaha, that isn't true at all. Sure, they all have some sort of leveling up, but the stats are different, enemies are different, number of partners is different, the partners themselves are different, you don't have partners in M&L... the list goes on.

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
What Suffix said. I refuse to believe Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario are part of the same series. My main reason being the dramatic change in HP and damage. There may be timed attacks and FP and jumping, but something strikes me as drastically different between the two. Besides the visual style and moving to N64.

However, I like some of the little touches in Paper Mario like how Mario occasionally trips into battle or Mario in a thinking pose when selecting a move in battle. And I can't resist Kooper for an ally. Put a bandanna-scarf-thing on anything and they instantly become my favorites. What is that bandanna-scarf thing called anyway, to distinguish it from scarves and head bandannas?

I'm pretty sure at one point in my life I asked myself whether a Yoshi was "the" Yoshi, or if Yoshi had any relatives. Although I know there are different colored Yoshis, one Yoshi is shown so much that I still think of there being one true Yoshi (even if he changes appearance). I also wondered whether there were female Yoshis.
My argument for female Yoshis? That Mario Party 1, on the Tropical Island board, had a blue and pink Yoshi. I thought I saw eyelashes on the pink Yoshi, but it was my imagination. Plus, the pink Yoshi in Yoshi's Story has the second-highest voice (white Yoshi had the highest, which I correctly predicted). But I'm sure if I talked with any Mario fan, they'd quickly debunk my theories. Doesn't stop my belief that female Yoshis exist, since I used to be a fan of LunaYoshi's artwork which was mostly Yoshi fanart: males, females, Pokemon crossovers, X-Files crossovers, etc. I stopped going there once her artstyle noticeably matured and the Yoshis changed appearance. Regardless what I think of other artwork, Yoshis should look like Yoshis darn it!

I used to believe Ice Age was by Dreamworks. Then I looked and saw a company I never heard of, "Blue Sky".
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:48:34 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2008, 03:50:31 PM »
I believe the neckwear you're referring to is the ascot.

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »
My god, how I've heard that one a lot where I come from.

I personally don't care about a main character's personality in a platform game. In a game where they talk a lot is does matter, usually, but it's never annoyed me that leaving the controller alone for a while makes Sonic wag his finger at you. The newer games, though, yeah, they're pretty much intolerable because of all the characters' personalities. Charmy, Shadow and Amy are the worst. This is a scientific fact.

Yeah, the characters are annoying, but the broken mechanics, horrible level layouts, laughable script, and substandard stories make it infinitely worse than anything you can imagine. The new character per game thing is just the icing on the poop cake.

Incidently, GamesRader has a pretty good article on the rise and fall of Sonic. I recommend people read it just to see how the decline was the result of inner company turmoil, overconfidence in a product and the fact that the company seems to care more on meeting deadlines rather than creating quality work. Although I'm sure a lot of people will disagree on their opinion of the old ABC cartoons.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »
Whahahahahahahaha, that isn't true at all. Sure, they all have some sort of leveling up, but the stats are different, enemies are different, number of partners is different, the partners themselves are different, you don't have partners in M&L... the list goes on.
Luigi is your partner!  Partner in time!

Plus, the pink Yoshi in Yoshi's Story has the second-highest voice (white Yoshi had the highest, which I correctly predicted).
The lighter the color, the higher the voice?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2008, 11:13:03 PM »
Well, regardless of whether SMRPG, PM, and M&L are part of the same series (personally, I consider PM1 a direct sequel to SMRPG, and M&LSS is very reminiscent of SMRPG in many places), people should at least realize that SMRPG isn't part of the Paper Mario series. In addition to the fact that SMRPG came first, Mario is clearly not made out of paper in it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print