Print

Author Topic: Fail Game Arguments  (Read 22960 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2008, 12:41:45 AM »
They're all just games. Mario has an extremely loose continuity (all that's usually constant is that Bowser kidnaps Peach and Mario saves her), but there have been links between the Mario RPGs. Chuckola Cola and some Beanish dudes were in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Bristles were mentioned and Star Hill was seen in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Are any of them sequels of any others? Hardly.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2008, 01:41:40 AM »
The RPGs are about as related as the platformers are. They have a few items or concepts here or there and that's about it.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2008, 06:23:36 AM »
Actually, I'd say the platformers have more in common.  They all have similar physics and at least 3 powerups in  common... and then there's the vast hordes of goombas and koopa troopas that appeared in almost every platformer.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2008, 07:31:38 AM »
...continuity...
....in  common...

Two very, very different subjects.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2008, 11:14:17 AM »
Whenever I hear someone say that Nintendo sucks because all their games are to childish and are retarded of it, it makes me want to punch them in the face. Like X-box fanboys that say Nintendo sucks because it doesn't have any games like Halo on it. All I have to say to them is that if their was no Nintendo, Their probably would be no such thing as video games right now, and it leaves them with nothing else to say.

Yeah, that gets annoying. There's nothing more mature about those games anyway, I don't really get why cartoony graphics equals childishness. It seems that I know more adults that play Mario than Gears of War...

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2008, 11:23:27 AM »
And I actually still like the Sonic games, and really don't get why everyone struggles with the controls and glitches. Maybe I'm lucky, but I played all the 3D Sonics and only died acidentally(not due to my error) once or twice. Maybe some people run through levels too fast the first times? I'm not sure. It's kind of odd.

Then again, it took me about a month to beat that spider boss in Mario Galaxy. I'm extremely weird in my gaming ability, which is why most of my arguements used to come with my brother. "Why are you taking the rails? It's so easy to miss and fall to your deaths! Kill the enemies on the floor!"..."What? Nah, riding rails is easy...." . What's easy is hard, and what's hard is easy.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »
Although I'm sure a lot of people will disagree on their opinion of the old ABC cartoons.

Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2008, 01:21:14 PM »
Yeah, the characters are annoying, but the broken mechanics, horrible level layouts, laughable script, and substandard stories make it infinitely worse than anything you can imagine. The new character per game thing is just the icing on the poop cake.

Incidently, GamesRader has a pretty good article on the rise and fall of Sonic. I recommend people read it just to see how the decline was the result of inner company turmoil, overconfidence in a product and the fact that the company seems to care more on meeting deadlines rather than creating quality work. Although I'm sure a lot of people will disagree on their opinion of the old ABC cartoons.

That article is HEAVILY biased towards Sonic. They said that Sonic rose to stardom faster then Mario, and said that there was evidence Sonic was well-known more then Mickey. They forgot to say that Mario was in that evidence as well. Oh well. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »
The difference is that Mario didn't fall from stardom (granted, he's showing up on less mass-marketed dolls, toothpaste tubes, and mugs than he used to, but there you go).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 07:08:48 PM »
-Another kid who--and I refuse to believe that he genuinely thought this was true--said that "Zero Suit Samus" was mistranslated during North American-ization as "No Suit Samus" and there was briefly a nude Samus as a character. Thirteen-year-olds and their idiotic fantasies...

Um, thanks for the compliment.  >_> (Even though I did tell a friend something like that once, but I was 11 then)

As for me, the only fail is basically everyone who thinks that...

1. Call of Duty 4 is the best game.
2. Xbox is better than Wii.

And I'm really mad that this kid is brainwashing my best friend (AKA second best Mario fan in the school) that Xbox is better. He also convinced my friend to get a PSP and sell all of his DS games...and he did...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »
1. Call of Duty 4 is the best game.

This is partly true. COD4 rocks in a major way, and anyone who says otherwise is a failure at life.

2. Xbox is better than Wii.

Also partly true. The Wii has a much higher crap-to-awesome ratio than the 360, and Xbox Live is a million times better than Wii online. On the other hand, the AAA titles on Wii are quite awesome, and also you've got the originality and cheap price point and whatnot, so it's really a toss-up.
every

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2008, 07:35:27 PM »
What I meant was how people were practically forcing their biased opinion on people who liked the Wii (more than Xbox).

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »
The only real annoyance I have:

Me: So what did you think of Wind Waker?
Friend: It sucked.
Me: I thought it was pretty good...
Friend: The graphics suck.
Me: How so?
Friend: They make it into a kid game.
Me: o_O But the gameplay is awesome!
Friend: So?
Me: So graphics don't make the game. Just look at Sonic 2006.
Friend: So?
Me: So you should look past the graphics when you rate a game.
Friend: Whatever, you can go play your kid games. I'll be playing Call of Duty.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 08:56:35 PM »
What? Most of the 360 library is junk, just like every other game console ever made.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2008, 10:26:23 PM »
Like I said before, there are only two major things that stop me from getting a PS3 and/or 360: Failure rates and the fact that almost every good game on one is on the other is on the PC. That, and my lack of perpetual access to broadband internet would severely lower my ability to enjoy the full potential of games.

Honestly, if I had to choose, I'd get a PS3.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print