Print

Author Topic: What characters do you use the most in Smash Bros?  (Read 7764 times)

« on: June 23, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Note: I'm talking about in all three games, not just the current one. ;)

Anyway, in both the original and Melee, I use Captain Falcon, although I did use Samus when I first started playing the original Smash Bros. Nowadays I use Donkey Kong in Brawl, because sadly Captain Falcon is not nearly as good in the latest edition, and I needed someone who had a lot of power and decent speed.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:15:31 PM »
I use the characters that carry swords most of the time.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
In before "WE HAVE A THREAD LIKE THIS ALREADY HERE IT IS."

Ness
Yoshi
Wario
Pikachu
And Captain Falcon. But I'm not very good as him yet.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
Pikachu has been one of my mains since the first Smash Bros.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:47:56 PM »
Diddy Kong

It's fun to see people constantly hate on him (for some unknown reason) only to swallow their words because they lose via banana and break kick combo.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 06:50:35 PM »
In before "WE HAVE A THREAD LIKE THIS ALREADY HERE IT IS."

Well, I didn't see a topic like this in the first four pages of this forum, and that goes all the way back to April. ;)
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 07:37:25 PM »
Well, I didn't see a topic like this in the first four pages of this forum, and that goes all the way back to April. ;)
You can always do a search.  Revive the topic.  As long as you're making a contribution, thread revives aren't usually classified as bumps.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 08:33:39 PM »
Wario is my main in the 3rd game, Ganondorf was my main in the 2nd, and Luigi was my main in the 1st.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 06:35:03 AM »
SSB: Luigi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Kirby
SSBM: Luigi, Falco, Ness, Captain Falcon, Roy, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Mario
SSBB: Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Falco, Wolf, Ike, Lucario, Ness, Sonic, Bowser (I got Brawl last night, w00t... but I've already got all of the characters :( )

And I consistently hate Donkey Kong.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 06:21:54 PM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:40:16 AM »
SSB: Haven't played it.
SSBM: Mario
SSBB: Wolf
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »
You can always do a search.
Yeah, and get 1,000 pages with the word "toadstool" in it when I search for "ads".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 10:26:30 AM »
Lucas, Peach, Diddy, Kirby, Wolf, Pikachu, Poke Trainer, Jigglypuff, Ike, Snake, Luigi, Yoshi.
Canada, eh? '87

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
I must use Kirby almost every time.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »
My mains in Brawl are Wario (with overalls) and Toon Link. I didn't really have a main in Melee, but I probably used Mario most often. I had to switch for Brawl because I'll never get used to the FLUDD (and I'm not too fond of Mario's next-gen red.). And I didn't have 64.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »
One of the other things that gets me about Mario is... he's not Mario. The Mario we know from those incredible platformers and Super Mario Sunshine can't be the same one from Brawl and the SMS box. In Brawl, he's just so... D:< all the time. The jolliest thing he does is say "Here we go!" when you select him using a non-GameCube controller. In the game, it's all about scowling and sounding utterly unenthusiastic. I don't know WHAT Luigi is, but at least Luigi's face isn't boiling with rage.
It's YOUR problem!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 11:32:44 PM »
They really brought out the weird in Luigi for SMBB, with the trippy final smash sequence, "bang bang" taunt when you win, and other stuff like that.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 09:35:20 PM »
ROB and Olimar are my best characters.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »
And I consistently hate Donkey Kong.

:(

One of the other things that gets me about Mario is... he's not Mario. The Mario we know from those incredible platformers and Super Mario Sunshine can't be the same one from Brawl and the SMS box. In Brawl, he's just so... D:< all the time. The jolliest thing he does is say "Here we go!" when you select him using a non-GameCube controller. In the game, it's all about scowling and sounding utterly unenthusiastic. I don't know WHAT Luigi is, but at least Luigi's face isn't boiling with rage.

I actually like that portrayal of Mario better. It's less obnoxious, more heroic, and a greater contrast to Luigi. He has the "Brooklyn mentality", something that I, as a Brooklynite, appreciate in such a character.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
SSBM: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Luigi
SSBB: ROB, Luigi, Meta Knight, Wario
Noy Duh

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »
Towards Bird Person and The Chef: I don't think Mario looks like he's boiling with rage as much as he appears to be grim with seriousness. And as far as I know, Mario maintains a fairly serious demeanor in every game where you can clearly see his mouth (non-sports games after LM).

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 12:56:01 AM »
In the game, it's all about scowling and sounding utterly unenthusiastic. I don't know WHAT Luigi is, but at least Luigi's face isn't boiling with rage.

Maybe the portly plumber knows when to act goofy and when to take the bull by the horns? I mean, he is in the ring with people like Snake, Ganondorf and Bowser after all.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 04:37:41 AM »
My opinion is that since he's supposed to be Mr. Nintendo (or whatever he was called in the SSB64 character bio) and there are guests (Sonic and Snake; I suppose you could count Grey Fox and Shadow too) this time around, he's behaving himself and acting as more of a fighter than the happy-go-lucky party animal he is.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 05:08:13 AM »
And that's fine, for battle-ready poses. But c'mon, when you're taunting your enemy (especially if you choose to tip your hat to do so), you should be smiling victoriously, or at least smugly...

Though I did catch him looking more like Jolly Mario!

Nothing wrong with a "Hah!" face while fighting.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 09:11:05 AM »
Guess Mario's personality may be deeper than people give him credit for. You don't need dialog to capture a character's personality.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »

+1
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »
Mario looks more Insane Evil Mastermind than Jolly in that picture.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 02:09:55 AM »
Bowser and Pit (at most), then Mario, Wario, Metaknight.
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Print