Print

Author Topic: Wii Fit: Brilliant idea or retarded gimmick?  (Read 13787 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
How the heck does wanting an iPod compare to wanting multiple 5-year development projects of the same old games over a 6-year console lifespan?

Okay then,

"I want a new game in this series that hasn't gotten a new game in five years."
"Well too bad! You haven't gotten one in five years! You never will! What a dumb thing to want!"

It's the same principle.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »
Do you even read the posts that you reply to?
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 08:58:13 PM »
"I want a new game in this series that hasn't gotten a new game in five years."
"Well too bad! You haven't gotten one in five years! You never will! What a dumb thing to want!"
The only "principle" that compares to is "I'm tired with this one. I want a new one, NOW!"
It's better to keep us waiting, so the experience feels fresh every time. Mario Party came out like every year and people got sick of it fast.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 09:53:28 PM »
Well also Mario Party games aren't actually good.
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
Well yeah, the consistent releases each year left little room for innovation, making them not good. A Mario Party once every few years would be better, as new ideas can be tried out before another is thrown onto the shelves. Which is why Mario and Zelda are released on such periods: a stretch of time gives more opportunity for innovation.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »
As may be apparent, I have about three or four individual, yet related, beefs with certain turns Nintendo has taken. However, to address the debate at hand, I'll respond to a paraphrase by Satoru Iwata: "Sometimes you don't want an elaborate banquet, but a simple bowl of rice and soup." Yes, but when I'm only eating twice a month and my meals cost $40, they better all be banquets.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 12:30:48 AM »
Well different kind of work outs have different effects. Nintendo must have wanted to make it so there was a work out that made you look like this after 6 months...

One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 12:36:23 AM »
Yes, but when I'm only eating twice a month and my meals cost $40, they better all be banquets.
So what you're saying is, you DEMAND that Nintendo puts out a game like Brawl or Galaxy every two weeks.

'S just not the way it works.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:43 AM »
Wii Fit is cool. I have abs after using it for a month. Only problem is when I am too busy to play for a few days, the Wii Balance Board makes me feel bad. He's like "Oh! Erik! It's been a long while! If you don't play with me everyday, you're going to get fat and die! Never step off of me, ever again or else."

Note: Exaggeration added for effect.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 08:04:45 AM »
So what you're saying is, you DEMAND that Nintendo puts out a game like Brawl or Galaxy every two weeks.
No.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2008, 10:26:16 AM »
They ought to put out at least 2 or 3 Mario platformers per console, like in the NES days.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »
It just so happens that SMB1, 2, and 3 combined are in fact shorter than one of the modern Mario platformers.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 01:05:26 PM »
...And more challenging.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:42 PM »
I'd like to see some SMB type and length games on WiiWare.  Maybe Mega Man 9 will spark a revival.  SMB3 definitely deserves the retro treatment. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 01:45:19 PM »
No.
He's saying that every game released has to be good enough for its worth of $50. True. But he's also saying that he wants a new game every two weeks, which means he's never satisfied with what he has.

Print