Print

Author Topic: Are any of you... pokemon masters?  (Read 19285 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »
What's up with the origami duck heads sticking out of his sides?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 07:51:04 PM »
I have nearly every version of Pokemon released (need to get Emerald), I've completed each generations Pokedex at least once (though still working on 4th gen), I've got multiple teams and strategies prepared for various opponents, I've bought the awful GCN games and purified every one of them just for Lugia and Ho-Oh and I've never used GameShark/Action Replay for any reason. All my legendaries are legit.

Am I a master yet?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 10:17:02 PM »
Wasn't Porygon an origami duck?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 11:53:50 PM »
No, it's a virtual Pokemon created in cyberspace. But, yes, I suppose it could be meant to resemble an origami duck...

According to the Pokedex descriptions, they're "Mininoses". Beats me...

Congratulations, LD, you just posted what is possibly the most obnoxious Pokemon of Generation IV (unless you count Bibarel).
Oh God, I HATE Bibarel. It's so annoying to get owned by that glaring, buck-toothed beaver! (especially considering he reminds me of a kid I kind of know with a similar appearance)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 12:38:39 AM »
I've seen SUVs that resemble it. when I see one want to use Brick Break on the windshield.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 06:09:25 PM »
I would use Spacial Rend, but to each his own...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 12:37:44 AM »
Mr. Wiggles, I'd say you're a pokemon master.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 09:50:59 AM »
I could... identify every Pokemon.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 02:08:01 PM »
The challenge has been set before me.

I am to defeat the Elite Four in Pokemon Yellow in one sitting. On the plane. To Australia. With my family. For vacation.

I may only shut off the Game Boy to change batteries. Otherwise, I must do it all without turning off the system.

Can I do it?

Will my eyes fall out?

Will I truly be a Pokemon master?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 10:18:20 AM »
Beating the Elite Four doth not a Pokemon Master make... but go for it all the same.
Aw, heck, I don't know what I'm talking about.  For all I know, the Elite Four in pokemon Yellow may actually be challenging.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »
From the beginning of the game.. I should have said.

I am going to restart as soon as electronics may be turned on at a safe altitude. Then I am going to play for non-stop time until I defeat them.

That is the challenge.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »
From what I remember, Pokémon Yellow's Elite Four were the strongest, or maybe that's because I was a fool and skipped all wild encounters and the whole victory road back then.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
While I have a mostly-completed copy of Pokemon Silver, I mostly just replay Red Blue and Yellow... over and over...  and I STILL don't have a link cable. -_-  So I've never actually gotten all 150.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 06:44:57 PM »
Trading with yourself is an experience everybody needs to have. Making the music in both games just barely line up wrong so it sounds like you're in the Poké Space Center, mashing A on two handhelds at once... it's really magical. I don't think I've ever had a real trade, though. You know, like "Give me that one there, and you can have this egg." With other people it's always been "Okay, I need one of those in my Pokédex, and I need this to evolve... okay. Time to trade back."

The best thing ever, though, is mixing records. I set up my secret base in Ruby with how it'd look on another person's game in mind. After beating the Elite Four, you get to fight your friend's party in their base every day. I have done a sequence of trading to get my FireRed team fightable in Ruby, and it's not that easy. I know all my traps now, of course... but the first time, I actually walked right into them and got beaten pretty badly.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 08:16:09 PM »
From what I remember, Pokémon Yellow's Elite Four were the strongest, or maybe that's because I was a fool and skipped all wild encounters and the whole victory road back then.

I honestly believe Diamond/Pearl had the hardest E4 of all the games. There's a big gap between the trainers and wild Pokemon in Victory Road compared to the Elite 4 and the Champion. Stupid Garchamp and Spiritomb.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print