Print

Author Topic: How is Sonic "Cool"?  (Read 25522 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 09:36:54 PM »
1. At least Mario is DECENT ENOUGH to wear clothes. Some characters in the Mario Universe do not, but not EVERY SINGLE ONE refuses to wear clothes.
Dr. Robotnik wears clothes. XD

2. Mario is not trying to be cooler then Sonic. Sonic comes out, advertising how "Cool!" he is. If anything, Mario is cooler then Sonic.
That is true, and I agree.

3. Sickening cross-species romance that does not let go.
You can thank the Furries for that.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »
The "Mario is better because he wears clothing" point is stupid because several characters in the Mario series don't wear clothing either. Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Koopa Troopa, Goomba....the list goes on. I realize that he tried to rebuke that statement by saying that "not every character in the Mario series doesn't wear clothing," but it's still stupid because a lot of Sonic characters are animals and have fur. What, are we gonna start telling Kirby and Pikachu to start wearing cloths now? Bugs Bunny never wore cloths (well, sometimes he did, but in that case they were women's clothing). Does that make him uncool?

Another poor point made is the whole "I won't buy a Sonic game because my friends will laugh at me" thing. Yeah right, if they're really your friends, they wouldn't laugh at you for playing Sonic anyway. Besides, I had a friend who brought his PSP to school everyday with Sonic 3 downloaded. He'd have an entire circle around him captivated by the game, and he was friends with every one of them. Give me strength.

Sonic has attitude, but that's part of his character. It has and will continue to turn some people off to Sonic. I guess you're one of them. I personally couldn't care less about his attitude because the old games are fun, but then again, you haven't even tried them due to your own prejudice. Seriously dude, it's only holding you back from a fun experience. Trust me, the Sonic games are a blast and telling everyone that you won't play them because you dislike the main character is really ridiculous . That's like me coming out and saying "I won't play Metal Gear because I think Solid Snake is a jerk" before I even touch a controller.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:12:49 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 09:51:58 PM »
I, for one, think that nudity is very not uncool.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
Back before time was recorded, it was the hot look and style.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
People thought Sonic was cool because that's what the Sega commercials told them. Seriously... that was 17 years ago. What on earth made you bring this up now?
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 10:11:28 PM »
Some people just can't let it go, I suppose.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 10:13:52 PM »
Was Nintendoobsessed even alive in 1991?
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »
No he was not.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 12:02:12 AM »
The "Mario is better because he wears clothing" point is stupid because several characters in the Mario series don't wear clothing either. Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Koopa Troopa, Goomba....
Yoshi wears Boots!  Bowser wears bangles!  Donkey Kong wears a tie!  Koopa Troopas wear shirts under their shells!

Sonic wears both socks AND shoes!  So does Tails, Knuckles, and I'm pretty sure they wear gloves too.

That's what I think about America.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 12:39:34 AM »
what.

I thought he was supposed to be the epitome of dork.

Excuse me?

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 01:07:43 AM »
Yoshi wears Boots!  Bowser wears bangles!  Donkey Kong wears a tie!  Koopa Troopas wear shirts under their shells!

Sonic wears both socks AND shoes!  So does Tails, Knuckles, and I'm pretty sure they wear gloves too.

That's what I think about America.

When I said clothing, I totally meant shirts, pants and underwear. You know, the stuff that covers up the private area. Koopas wear shirts, but no pants. Nintendoobsessed was trying to say that Mario is more decent than Sonic because he wears overalls over his family jewels.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 01:09:17 AM »
Sonic even has any?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 07:42:23 AM »
Perhaps Mario's not trying to cover his family jewels. Maybe it's his lack thereof. Or maybe it's someone else's jewels? Who knows what's in Mario's overalls? He never takes them off; maybe he's like Cobra Commander, hiding his horrifying deformities.

Seriously, I can theorize for hours. (Maybe he just keeps his mushrooms there instead of eating them?)
every

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »
My friends are a group of gamers (mostly). I met them at the Club Kid (provided by YMCA.). I was making the transition of liking Sonic to liking Mario. I was playing Sonic Advance 3 on my GBA (this was before 2004, I believe.). I had my group of friends around my, watching me fight Dr Robotnik in the Second to last Boss Battle. The thing is, they all liked Mario too. But they still watched (even when I funnily bashed my head in to the GBA, breaking the screen.). If they are your real friends, Nintendoobsessed, they wouldn't insult you. I also played Sonic 3 on a emulator on my comp. in my spare time after that. Then I deleted most of my folder. But, anyway, Sonic is like that because, Sega is mainly focusing 3-D (or at least Sonic Heroes) on little kids. I got it in 2nd Grade and have beaten the main story.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
Who knows what's in Mario's overalls? He never takes them off
He has taken them off on several occasions. Like the beginning of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga... Toad's eyes burned at what he saw.

He has to change for his football gear too.

Print