Print

Author Topic: E3 Disscussion  (Read 25141 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »
Wasn't Super Star On Gameboy, too? Anyway, were doing E3 stuff here still, right? Because I recorded the Microsoft (wanna see whats new, might just skip it), Sony and Nintendo conferences (Good thing they invented the FF button, right?) And a couple of coverage episodes of E3 '08 Live on G4.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »
Braid and Mirror's Edge have my anticipation palate fairly sated.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that game. It would be sweet if they ported it to the Wii.

P.S. Anybody want to lay bets on Mario Party 9?

*shiver*
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »
Kirby Super Star was not on Game Boy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »
I hope it's a lot like the highly underrated but extremely fun Kirby Superstar, only with...you know, awesome graphics and stuff.
Then they would better not use the Nightmare in Dreamland graphics again.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
Yeah, Kirby Super Star Deluxe or whatever the new one on DS is called... it's already been confirmed as a pretty bland remake. When I say that I mean that it's a port with just newer graphics. HOWEVER, I am very pleased that they're adding in multiplayer finally after having to suffer through mini-games in Squeak Squad. If they can replicate the multiplayer from the SNES version, I'd probably get it, just because I can't get enough Kirby multiplayer.
On a side note, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror is incredibly underrated and is one of the best GBA games ever made.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
On a side note, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror is incredibly underrated and is one of the best GBA games ever made.
I have to agree completely. I just wish other people actually had the game so I could check out the "adventure mode" multiplayer. That sounded kick-butt when I read about it.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »
Cool I just caught the last half hour of the Nintendo one
I couldnt see the background very well so if theres anybody who saw the whole thing add on
Animal Crossing: City Folk ( Includes Mic called Wii Speak)
Grand Theift Auto ChinaTown Wars
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Music
Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades
And a bunch of other cool games
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:27:24 AM by Negative_Zero »
Noy Duh

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

It's awesome. A lot of backtracking is involved to keep the player interested for a long time. Heck, it's probably the closest thing to Kirby: Great Cave Offensive.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »
Well, Nintendo's presentation blew. Do they seriously believe they are appealing to the core gamer by showcasing Wii Whatever?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »
They aren't, but the downmarket is gonna flock to it. I applaud them for being so crafty while singlehandedly ****ing off so many people.

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »
Well, I just finished watching a live feed, and I must say, I'm mixed.

Pros:
- Wii motion plus
- Wii Sports Resort looked fun
- Wii Speak to solve voice chat woes
- Animal Crossing: City Folk to bring a fresh outlook on the series
- Good third party support (GTA for the DS? Wow)
- No Mario Party 9 (yet)

Cons:
- No Nintendo franchise titles for the hardcore player.

Seriously, there was nothing to satisfy the die-hard Nintendo freak within me. Kirby would've at least brought a smile to my face, but no, not even him. Hope something is announced later like Brawl was at E3 '06
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Yeah, Kirby Super Star Deluxe or whatever the new one on DS is called... it's already been confirmed as a pretty bland remake.
Two brand-new full game modes and you're calling it a "pretty bland remake"?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
- Good third party support (GTA for the DS? Wow)

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 03:35:41 PM »
What brand new game modes are there? I didn't hear of this... Cubed3 reported that it was a remake with newer graphics.

And yeah, I can honestly say, Nintendo's kinda... I think I'm almost done with Wii. I like Animal Crossing as much as the next guy, but come on. They basically announced three big first-party games, two of which are "Wii ______". Now I'll admit Wii Music looks kind of neat, I've been wanting to see a full fledged game of it for some time now. Unfortunately, that was three years ago before Rock Band came out. Now Wii Music just sorta looks like... 'woo, shake the wii remote in rhythm with the music.'
And yeah. I absolutely hated Wii Sports, so a Wii Sports sequel (even with 1:1)  doesn't really give me much faith in Nintendo. Seriously! Did they announce ANY first party DS games? Sheesh, it's times like this I'm glad I finally decided to get a 360.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 07:04:30 PM »
I'm hoping 358/2 Days comes out quickly... but if I remember right, it hasn't even been mentioned at E3 yet...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print