Print

Author Topic: E3 Disscussion  (Read 25134 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 07:10:12 PM »
Kind of disappointing this year. No Kirby, Star Fox or F-Zero title. All we get is Animal Crossing (this is a plus) and a Wii Sports remake, which sucked to begin with. Oh well, at least Wario Land looks good.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
Oh, come on!  Where's Pikmin 3?

My thoughts on the mic: Why didn't they just put a mic into the remote in the first place?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:30 PM »
Oh, come on!  Where's Pikmin 3?

My thoughts on the mic: Why didn't they just put a mic into the remote in the first place?

Probably would have driven the price through the roof.

Plus, this allows everyone in the room to talk into the microphone.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
Probably would have driven the price through the roof.
Oh, please.  Microphones are cheap, the DS has a microphone, and Nintendo makes money off of all of their hardware.
- No Nintendo franchise titles for the hardcore player.
Rhythm Heaven.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:48:56 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:50:23 PM »
Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2!!!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/890/890279p1.html

:D
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:32 AM »
Did he really say "Leave it to me" when they asked him to make a Galaxy sequel?!

Though with the team that worked on New Super Mario Bros., it doesn't mean they're making a new one. For example, the team that made Jungle Beat's next game wasn't a sequel, but they made Galaxy next.

And Forest Guy, I read on Wikipedia that the new modes are games that have you play as Meta Knight in one, and King Dedede in the other.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:16:53 AM by jmdblazer »
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 12:31:02 AM »
Hahaha, Wikipedia.

And Linkin, that article proves nothing. Anyone over the age of 9 knows that Nintendo always throws in little cryptic suggestions like that even if nothing is really going on.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 07:45:04 AM »
Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2!!!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/890/890279p1.html
Its probably fake since Galaxy just came out less than a year ago
Noy Duh

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »
Meh.  They'll probably keep delaying the release until the appropriate time for a sequel to come out.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
Rhythm Heaven.

Yeah, I just found out about it today. Looks fun, but I question if it's as grand as something like Star Fox or Zelda. Well, at least they're trying something new.

Also, I'm not so sure about a direct sequel to Galaxy. SMG was great, but making a direct sequel would soil the originality a bit. They should put it in a new setting.

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »
Well, all I know is that the Super Mario Galaxy Wikipedia article has links to info from Famitsu and Gamespot that really seems to confirm that Miyamato at least wants to make a sequel. Since it's not just info without sources, I'm willing to believe that we may see a sequel within the next two years. :)

Seriously though, I'm really disapointed with how Nintendo seems to be neglecting a lot of its core series in favor of gimmick titles like Wii fit, Wii Music, and others - not to mention allowing the Wii to be a haven for piles of shovelware. I mean, look at how the core series are standing:

Mario - Galaxy, and a sequel, along with all the necessary spin-off titles. No suprise here, but it's still good.
Donkey Kong - The abomination known as Barrel Blast doesn't count, and the rumored 3-D Donkey Kong platformer hasn't been mentioned since the Wii was first revealed. Come on, we need more respect for the Kongs than this!
Wario - WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Wario Land Shake. The latter was a welcome supprise, and I have high hopes that if this does well, we will see more of classic Wario (who I prefer to new wario).
Legend of Zelda - Yes, we get an awesome zelda game. But we only get one - and basically every nintendo system to date has had at least two big Zelda games. Seriously Nintendo, we need something better than Link's Crossbow Training!
Metroid - One awesome game, and nothing else. Yes, Metroid rarely ever has more than one or two games on each console, but the Prime series was so good that I'd love to see more 3-D metroid. Even a 2-D title with 3-D graphics would be cool.
Pokemon - Just Battle Revolution, which was extremely average, even for Pokemon. I want to see more than that and a silly Wii Ware game, Nintendo!
Starfox - Nothing, unless you think that having three star fox characters in Brawl is enough. This isn't good at all.
Kirby - Again, nothing. Where's my 3-D kirby platformer, Nintendo?
F-Zero - Nothing, nadda, nope. How long is it going to be before Captain Falcon starts pwning Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow on the race course again?
Pikmin - Can you say nothing? Grrr, this is getting really tiring!

So, overall, only Mario and his alter ego are getting any great representation. Others like Zelda and Metroid at least have one title, but a console like the Wii needs more than that. Even worse is the fact that a lot of the main series aren't getting any representation at all!

I really wish Nintendo would run the Wii machine like they are running the DS. The Dual-Screen has a lot of gimmick games, yes, but it also has a neverending supply of awesome games as well - plus representation for almost every series listed above. The Wii just doesn't seem to have as many stand out titles or as good representation as the DS, which is really disapointing. :(
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 04:36:35 PM »
You know, as much as I like sequels to series I'm familiar with, I'm still more eager to try out something new. Where's Disaster and Sadness? Why cancel Project H.A.M.M.E.R. for Wii Sports Resort?

All of you buy Wario Land Shake so we get more 2D goodness on our home consoles.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »
You know, as much as I like sequels to series I'm familiar with, I'm still more eager to try out something new. Where's Disaster and Sadness? Why cancel Project H.A.M.M.E.R. for Wii Sports Resort?

All of you buy Wario Land Shake so we get more 2D goodness on our home consoles.

I've recently heard H.A.M.M.E.R.(time) has been reconfirmed. I'd really love to get my hands on disaster, and it seems to still be in production but they sure are taking a long time. Also, Nibris said they would finish Sadness by Fall '09
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:18:43 PM by Robert »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 07:17:06 PM »
Yeah, I just found out about it today. Looks fun, but I question if it's as grand as something like Star Fox or Zelda. Well, at least they're trying something new.
Let's put it this way.  You should import the GBA version ASAP.

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »
I've recently heard H.A.M.M.E.R.(time) has been reconfirmed. I'd really love to get my hands on disaster, and it seems to still be in production but they sure are taking a long time. Also, Nibris said they would finish Sadness by Fall '09

If that's true, great! I thought Project H.A.M.M.E.R looked like it had a lot of promise, and if it does get released, I bet it will be a lot of fun. Finally, a beat-em-up that actually uses extensive motion control and does it right! Although, with the Force Unleashed coming to Wii, we may not have to wait as long for that kind of a game. :)
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Print