Print

Author Topic: E3 Disscussion  (Read 25075 times)

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2008, 03:18:25 PM »
Nothing. People like it because it's the closest Nintendo's ever come to a strategy game. That's why little kids like it so much.

Yeah, I saids it.

ok please kill yourself tactless griefer

As for the confirmation of Pikmin 3, it's pretty obvious it was coming eventually, he probably just confirmed it so people would stop bugging him and to tide over the disappointed traditional gamers.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »
I'm not on my computer right now

He's posting with his mind!!

I am at work, you lunatic. XD

I was under the impression that Pikmin for the Wii has been confirmed for a while.. I seem to recall a video reel which showed several games they were/are working on before Mario Strikers came out. I think Pikmin was on it..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2008, 03:57:38 PM »
SNEmulDS.

Pronounced "Snee-mulds", right?
every

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »
The Wii was worth the $250 for Galaxy, Brawl and a few other killer apps. And my gamecube was broke, so...it helps there too.

That said, if I want anything multi-platform, I'll be getting the 360 version. Except Sonic Unleashed. I'm getting both (different level designs/game engine).

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2008, 09:17:39 PM »
I don't think how many DS titles were announced at E3 is a good basis for determining that Nintendo has beaten the DS to death and left it on the side of the road to die.
This isn't based off of just E3. Nintendo hasn't been doing much of anything on the DS for about a year now. The last big name DS game to come out was Phantom Hourglass. I'm not saying they have to pump out 1st party titles constantly, but seriously, there hasn't been much in the way of core games in the past 12 months.

The same goes with Wii. I'm not expecting a game on par with Mario Galaxy to come out every few months, but still. It's not as big a deal with Wii since they've had a few big games come out recently (Brawl, Kart, etc...) but as we've all seen, they can't rely on 3rd party games much for Wii. Hopefully The Conduit, Deadly Creatures, and the likes will wake up the rest of those 3rd party shlubs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:20:15 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2008, 09:33:02 PM »
I think you're majorly confusing "big-name" with "first-party". There are and have been a lot of great third party titles coming out. It isn't as though Nintendo makes the only good games or something.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »
Yeah, alright, good point. When I say big name, I mean 1st party titles, since yes, there's been some good 3rd party ones on DS lately like Final Fantasy A2 and such. The Wii on the other hand... disregarding all these little tidbits about Pikmin 3 and Mario Galaxy sequels... there's a lot more promising-looking 3rd party games on the horizon, as opposed to the past two years where the only good non-Nintendo games were all made by Capcom. (all three of them)
= = = = = = =

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure Capcom didn't work on Boom Blox or No More Heroes.

I'm also disappointed Capcom didn't even hint at whether Tatsunoko vs. Capcom could see localization. That would've been nice.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2008, 07:32:10 PM »

Me wants.
Or I want, for you grammar police.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2008, 07:41:28 PM »
Me too, but I have to say, that's one of the worst logos I've ever seen.

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2008, 08:32:40 PM »
But at least Kirby's not angry!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2008, 12:17:58 AM »
Me too, but I have to say, that's one of the worst logos I've ever seen.

It'd look better if the world "ultra" was in the same font.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »
And I've always hated the new Kirby logo.  It looks like somebody sat on it.

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2008, 12:25:52 AM »
My thoughts on the mic: Why didn't they just put a mic into the remote in the first place?
I believe it'd have something to do with battery life. I think relaying information like that via bluetooth takes a lot of power. If anything though, it would've been cool if there was an attachment (like WiiMotion Plus?) that let you plug a mic dongle into your Wii remote. *shrug*

You know, I really don't like how everyone has all these negative, doom n' gloom vibes for Nintendo post E3. I can't say that this was the best E3 presentation ever from Nintendo, but I suppose it is a "business" expo now, so it's more about trying to please stockholders and not about trying to please us 'hardcore gamers' anymore. Just because they didn't show all the games we're looking for doesn't mean they forgot about us. And plus, there is still a lot I'm looking forward to though these next couple months.. what with Animal Crossing, Rhythm Tengoku (which was an extremely excellent GBA game, btw), Wario Shake it!, Kirby, etc. etc. I'm sure a big chunk of my income will still be on Nintendo this coming holiday season.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2008, 12:44:46 AM »
Yeah but see, that's the thing. E3 is and always has been about future projects, going far into next year and perhaps even after the next E3. All these decent looking games like Wario Land and Animal Crossing (not) will be out in a matter of months, leaving Nintendo with wagglewagglewaggle 1st party for a while, as far as we know. At least the 3rd parties at least look like they're trying, now.
= = = = = = =

Print