Print

Author Topic: Nintendo introduces Wii MotionPlus for Wii  (Read 21271 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »
I thought it was two predictions come true... I thought the Wii Sports 2 game was using the MotionPlus... but Red Steel 2, I never would have expected that. Did anybody buy that game? I assume no one did because of all the harsh reviews.

We need a Tron 3.0, so you can throw killer frisbees just like in real life. Anybody that doesn't believe me, here's the frisbee scene from the first movie.
If anybody's wondering what happened to Tron 2.0, it was released five years ago, you just never heard about it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:03:11 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 04:52:06 PM »
Yeah, we heard about it. And owned it when you were still in grade school.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
And don't insinuate that we never saw the movie.

20 times.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »
Tron 3.0 needs a bike level, although WM+ won't be necessary since you should only be able to turn at right angles.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
Tron 2.0 had lightcycle levels.
The upcoming movie TR2N has lightcycles that can turn at less extreme angles, so if a game comes after that, lightcycles might be different. However the problem there lies in the whole current movie -> game adaptation horribleness trap.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »
Shouldn't it be TR1N, not TR2N? 'Cause like 1 comes after 0.
every

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 05:57:01 PM »
I hate to break the monotony conversation, but I just realised how redundant the topic title is..

Nintendo introduces Wii MotionPlus for Wii

Obviously, if Nintendo made it, it's going to be on one of their two current systems. Then to say for Wii after the title of a Wii game, that's just.. well, it's redundant.

I bet the person who named it used to work in the U.S. Department of Redundancy Department.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 01:39:41 AM »
I bet the person who named it used to work in the U.S. Department of Redundancy Department.
"But don't worry at all people, it's not a problem, it will all be cleared up by tomorrow's Congressional Tipline Oversight Meeting on Redundancy Get-Together! There will be four of them!" -- Jon Stewart, after hearing that the "House Oversight Committee established a waste and inefficiency tipline... and then another one."

I recently looked up a video of Tron 2.0 after hearing that its visuals still stand up today... and I don't really see it. It's clean and somewhat confusing at the same time. I suppose that in the world of Tron, it kind of frees you from detailed visuals and fancy special effects (maybe even allows some graphical glitches) because that relative simplicity just works for the theme. Reminds me of that Hsu and Chan comic where they invented a magic world to conveniently explain away all the blatant glitches in their game.

Also reminds me when someone said the path AI in "Darwinia" was terrible, but then reasoned that maybe that was intentional given the theme. Is it really right to use a world theme to justify what might be shortcomings in a game? Just wondering where appropriate laziness ends and shortcomings begin. I know we can justify Goombas for being idiots, but I still can't believe the Koopalings in "Mario Is Missing!" had no way to attack you and couldn't hurt you, making those "boss fights" pointless. Kids can handle a LITTLE challenge, certainly!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:44:26 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 11:18:36 AM »
I don't know what video you looked up or on whose computer the video was made, but Tron 2.0 is still a pretty good looking game, and certainly upholds the visual style of the movie quite well. That's the important issue either way.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »
Superman 64 would've done better had all its shortcomings been explained in the opening cinematic.

Commissioner Gordon: Superman! Thank god you're here! Lex Luther and The Joker and Mister Myxyplukxkxkxikstyklk have teamed up and teleported all the buildings in whatever city this is to this big blank empty void! And they say they'll start killing hostages if you don't fly through all these rings!

Superman: *yawn* Yeah sure whatever.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 03:08:57 PM »
That seems to imply that Batman would make a cameo, thus saving the game from it's non-awesome demise, which didn't happen.

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »
Actually, just mentioning Mister Myxyplukxkxkxikstyklk would be enough explanation. And I'm pretty sure you could misspell Myxy's name and no one would notice. Except for rabid Superman fans who would be playing the game anyway. I just pronounce his name as "Moxy".
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 07:23:26 PM »
Microsoft Sam pronounced my version as "Mick-ship-lock-shk-shk-shk-shickstapled".
every

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »
I find "shickstapled" hilarious for some reason.

I never say "Nintendo" or "Wii" before a product. I know what system it's for, I assume the sales clerk would know too (if not, I'll just point to a box). I never said "Nintendo GameCube" or GCN, I just said GC whenever referring to that system.

Although now I find it kind of funny. In .NET programming languages, the abbreviation for "garbage collector" is also GC. Wii's more of a garbage shovelware collector than GameCube was.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »
I agree. Saying the company name before a system makes you come off as sort of...I dunno, weird. Unless it's Atari 2600 or something else where the company name is part of the console's name.

And just for the record, I say NES as "Nintendo" and SNES as "Super Nintendo" when talking out loud. That seems to make people angry sometimes for some reason.
every

Print