Print

Author Topic: Nintendo controllers facing possible ban  (Read 19765 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »
Not as bad for the two girls suing McDonald's for "making them fat," or the woman who sued the sperm-donor father of her two children for child support.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »
I think the worst one is the guy that tried to sneak into a nightclub through the bathroom window because he didn't want to pay $50 to get in, fell down, chipped a tooth, and sued for his dental costs.

Or the prison inmate who sued himself. Said he violated his own civil rights by getting arrested, and since he was in prison, the prison would have to pay all his legal costs.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 11:48:28 PM »
Man, not these guys again--I swear, they've been popping up like Rick Astley on April Fool's Day. Even if they did invent... whatever it is they're talking about (apparently, every videogame controller innovation this side of the D-Pad and A Button), they sure weren't using it, because I'm pretty sure no one heard of these dips until they started getting PO'd about the three major videogame companies (what a coincidence, huh?) pilfering their goods. What is this, like Transformers or something? There's one entity (corporation, in this case) that invented almost every major technological innovation in human/videogame history? Well, the Classic Controller's kinda crap anyway... just pray y'all got as many GCN controllers as you want (then again, Nintendo has kind of been trying to distance themselves from the 'Cube anyway, so Analrape Anascape probably just did them a huge favor).

You need a real reason to sue someone, you know.
*Muffled snort*

This is as stupid as the lady who sued McDonald's because she spilled McD's brand hot coffee on her lap.
FYI, it was determined a few years back that that suit was actually not as dumb as it sounds. The woman was in her seventies, the car wasn't even moving, the coffee was, like, 180 degrees, and she only sued after McDonalds gave her a measly compensation (for scalding her groin and inner thighs, mind you).

Now, the guy who sued a pizza joint because he ordered a pepperoni pizza and they gave him one with peppers... that's dumb.

Nope.  They'll bust down your door, flash their badges shouting "FBI!" and then blow your head off.  That way they can say they gave you a warning.
That was extremely hilarious. (written as such due to the growing aversion towards the use of the phrase "LOL")

Speakin' of which... would there really be some sort of recall on these things? Or can they just not make them anymore?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 05:41:54 AM »
To continue the faith in the legal system sidenote, I haven't heard the outcome of any of the crazy lawsuits you're talking about except the coffee lawsuit which really wasn't a stupid one.

If we counted lawsuits that were dismissed, I don't think you'd get much worse than Kiss, the band, formed in 1972—with oldest member Peter Criss born in 1945—suing Hershey's for stealing their name for a candy that was introduced with that name in 1907.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »
I can't believe Hershey thinks they can get away with going back in time and stealing KISS's name. If there's one thing I hate, it's RCI (retrograde copyright infringment).
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 05:42:44 AM »
Especially when they use pink DeLoreans already patented by Doc Brown Kirby.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »
The government is more screwed up in America then people would like to believe.  And this is also one of the most socially and intellectually dumbed down countrys on the Earth.  I am pretty embarrased to live in modern USA.  But if I lived here back in the 1700's or 1800's I would be very proud because thats when people had some brains and morals.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »
He's serious

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
Seriously.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »
Serious like a heHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 07:17:45 PM »
Post of the yrewty juasdsafk,/m
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 05:43:23 AM »
The government is more screwed up in America then people would like to believe.  And this is also one of the most socially and intellectually dumbed down countrys on the Earth.  I am pretty embarrased to live in modern USA.  But if I lived here back in the 1700's or 1800's I would be very proud because thats when people had some brains and morals.

QFT and +1.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 06:39:21 AM »
Well, in any case, the Virtual Console's probably going to go a little downhill...

Also, how the hell do the Wavebird and VC Controller have "six degrees of freedom"? As I understand it, these guys were suing over some sort of rumble or tilt technology, which neither of those controllers possess.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 12:07:27 PM »
They clearly contain some sort of untapped well of unharnessed energy.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »
Oh, look, some new jackals are trying their luck at winning the Nintendo Lottery!

This whole thing seriously is starting to give me a conflicting-religions vibe. All these people suing Nintendo over stealing their tech... only one of them can be right.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:42:29 AM by Suffix »

Print