Print

Author Topic: Nintendo controllers facing possible ban  (Read 19727 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »
This makes me angry.  And you won't like me when I'm angry.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 11:41:38 AM »
Graphical interface software used on the television? Meaning something with graphics that appears on the tv? That could be anything!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »
Well, there was that one game by that Wacky "Warp" company that had no graphics... it was an interactive e-book, or something.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »
Interactive fiction mayhaps?

Also, I disagree with Suffix's edit. "jack***" isn't a swear word.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »
I thought the auto-censor was for editing. I've got mine turned off (but I know other people have theirs turned on) so I didn't think there'd be a problem.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »
I think the worst one is the guy that tried to sneak into a nightclub through the bathroom window because he didn't want to pay $50 to get in, fell down, chipped a tooth, and sued for his dental costs.

Or the prison inmate who sued himself. Said he violated his own civil rights by getting arrested, and since he was in prison, the prison would have to pay all his legal costs.

You forgot about the robber who sued the house owner for sexual assault charges.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »
Yeah, "jack***" is by no measure profanity, and Suffix has a thing against individually optional censorship, preferring an iron fist government ruling.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2008, 03:48:34 PM »
I agree with MEGAߥTE. If you don't mind swearing, you can turn off the censors for yourself. Manual re-censoring is just silly.
If the censor didn't catch it and it isn't a deliberate dodge, then either it's fine to say or the censor needs to be updated.
If the censor doesn't get it and it isn't a deliberate dodge, then the rules don't prohibit it. Manual censorship is a waste of time for all parties.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »
I personally am bothered by the censors being there as much as the real words. It's the thought that counts. There's no option that can help me there, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »
I like censors because I think swearing is pretty pointless and stupid.  I don't swear and when other people are talking to me and are swearing constantly I just think to myself *man what a loser*.   Not that anyone here is losers that swear though, I only know you guys as far as this forum.  It's actually nice to be different from other people and not filling in with the crowd while knowing that your being clean while doing it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 10:51:42 PM »
I like censors because I think swearing is pretty pointless and stupid.  I don't swear and when other people are talking to me and are swearing constantly I just think to myself *man what a loser*.   Not that anyone here is losers that swear though, I only know you guys as far as this forum.  It's actually nice to be different from other people and not filling in with the crowd while knowing that your being clean while doing it.
I go by the extreme provocation rule when it comes to swearing.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2008, 10:43:07 AM »
Calm down, calm down. Sometimes I forget whether to use a G or PG mindset; personally, I would prefer people not refer to others as anything related to Equus asinus.

And EM, if you think this is an iron fist sort of control, you haven't seen anything. I will continue to carry out my job regardless of the automatic censor.

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »
Did I say I think this is an iron fist sort of control?

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
Do I get killed by FBI agents that flashed their badges because I own a Wavebird?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2008, 08:37:32 PM »
Do I get killed by FBI agents that flashed their badges because I own a Wavebird?
No, worse. XD
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print